Kings trading Evans for Vasquez/Lopez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I am afraid that Cousins will not pass Vivek's high character test. It's easy to say he is great and will be the centerpiece of your team until you see him in action. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was traded.

Im really confused what were doing at PG...We have 3 of them on our team which is one too many. then we drafted one....then we traded for another....okkkkk, and we still have no SF so I cant say I like this deal that much

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
We had a little problem with our guards last year.

Kings Guards FG% Before:
Reke .478
Isiah .440
Douglas .430
Thornton .429
Fredette .421

Fortunately we corrected that:
Isiah .440
Vasquez .433
Thornton .429
Fredette .421
McLemore (rookie)
McCallum (rookie)

Nothing worse than having one hot shot coming along and making everybody else feel bad about themselves.

Im really confused what were doing at PG...We have 3 of them on our team which is one too many. then we drafted one....then we traded for another....okkkkk, and we still have no SF so I cant say I like this deal that much

We didn't draft one, McLemore is a SG. Right now we have Vasquez, IT and McCallum as our PGs. Douglas won't be brought back.

This is a damn good trade....We need a facilitator on offense and Greivis Vasquez is a LEGIT PG....plus some quality depth up front with Robin Lopez. Great move IMO considering we woulda just lost Reke outright.
And just like that, we become a jump shooting team again

WTF are we doing?! This is real?!

We had a little problem with our guards last year.

Kings Guards FG% Before:
Reke .478
Isiah .440
Douglas .430
Thornton .429
Fredette .421

Fortunately we corrected that:
Isiah .440
Vasquez .433
Thornton .429
Fredette .421
McLemore (rookie)
McCallum (rookie)

Nothing worse than having one hot shot coming along and making everybody else feel bad about themselves.

Was going to post something similar. If they didn't like Reke's FG%, wait 'til they see Vasquez. Of course they might overlook that because Vasquez will shoot a slightly better % from midrange, since that's what they were all crying out for Reke to do. Despite not getting to the rim and shooting a lower % overall.

I just cant find a logical reason for this move. the draft, i understand, it wasnt like Noel was there when we drafted, the Iggy drama, yeah, if he was never interested to join the kings, we should moved on to other targets. But this move doesn't make sense except PDA wants to build his own team so he can take all the credits instead of he is lucky because he has inherited a talented roster.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I'm normally not a violent person but right now I'd like to find out exactly which expert talked Vivek and D'Alessandro into Greivis Vasquez as the right complimentary piece to McLemore and Cousins so I can punch them in the face. What is it about this franchise and a complete aversion to anything resembling good defense? With Tyreke/McLemore/Igoudala we would have had one of the best defensive backcourts in the league. Now we're looking at one of the worst. I don't care how many points we score, I just once want to see a team out there in a Kings uniform that plays solid defense the whole game. We had a defensive gameplan and we reversed it for Vasquez because somebody really likes his passing ability and international appeal. I can't imagine a single decision that would have been more personally painful to me than considering two courses of action and opting for the all-offense, slick passing, guaranteed to fail in the playoffs showtime style over pounding the ball in the paint and locking down the other team's scorers. I'm sure a certain type of fan is going to be thrilled by this decision, but I feel like I've just descended into a whole other circle of basketball hell.

Last edited:
I think it's amusing that we now get to listen to the_jamal over-rate the incoming Kings players. I've never heard a poster instantly gush over players just because they're coming here. Happens literally every single time - they're all stars. From Chuck Hayes to Thomas Robinson!
Fine. I retract my statement

Lopez is a horrible defender and he's not the best defensive big we've had in a long time. Nor does he have any offensive game whatsoever.

Am I cool now?

Trob is the only one I gushed over and fell flat on my face. So you got me there Dime Dropper!

I'm normally not a violent person but right now I'd like to find out exactly which expert talked Vivek and D'Alessandro into Greivis Vasquez as the right complimentary piece to McLemore and Cousins so I can punch them in the face. What is it about this franchise and a complete aversion to anything resembling good defense? With Tyreke/McLemore/Igoudala we would have had one of the best defensive backcourts in the league. Now we're looking at one of the worst. I don't care how many points we score, I just once want to see a team out there in a Kings uniform that plays solid defense the whole game. We had a defensive gameplan and we reversed it for Vazquez because somebody really likes his passing ability and international appeal. I can't imagine a single decision that would have been more personally painful to me than considering two courses of action and opting for the all-offense, slick passing, guaranteed to fail in the playoffs showtime style over pounding the ball in the paint and locking down the other team's scorers. I'm sure a certain type of fan is going to be thrilled by this decision, but I feel like I've just descended into a whole other circle of basketball hell.

Basically this. They talked a good game but their actions are at odds with that. I think they're trying to please the casual fan instead of putting together a team that can play defense and has long-term playoff potential. So frustrating - seems like a Maloofian move to be perfectly honest.

Bricklayer

This proposed move is better for Cousins than retaining Reke.
That is possible. Right up until the time you start getting serious and Cousins looks around for help and realizes he's got rookies and roleplayers. One great center in history has done it alone. That was Hakeem the first year, in a gift from Jordan. By the 2nd year that already wasn't working.

Bricklayer

Basically this. They talked a good game but their actions are at odds with that. I think they're trying to please the casual fan instead of putting together a team that can play defense and has long-term playoff potential. So frustrating - seems like a Maloofian move to be perfectly honest.
Bring Back the Maloofs!!! :p

That is possible. Right up until the time you start getting serious and Cousins looks around for help and realizes he's got rookies and roleplayers. One great center in history has done it alone. That was Hakeem the first year, in a gift from Jordan. By the 2nd year that already wasn't working.

We're absolutely banking on being a winner in next years draft, that's what it comes down to. If we miss, we can forget about being competitive. Why they felt the need to give up a potential second banana in Reke for a couple of role players is anyones guess.

thanks Pete. now were back in the lottey. awesome. yesterday some people thought we could dream of a Tyreke/McLemore/Iguodala lineup. and now we have Vasquez/McLemore/Salmons. awesome.
Freakin disgusting

Yuck. I'll give it a chance to see what miracle they may have planned since it's only July, but this is just crazy. I was so excited a little over 24 hours ago. Ugh I feel sick

So we want too become a "Defensive Team" and the first thing we do is trade away our BEST defensive player for a PG that CANNOT guard other PGs well. And trust me when I say this he is bad on defense. I had Vasquez on my Fantasy team last year and watched 70 + games of his. Smaller point guards kill him and he gets into foul trouble fast. Very slow lateral quickness and he reaches alot!

I will give Vasquez credit where its due though. He can notch you "close" to a triple double on any given night. And I wouldnt be surprised too see him get 3-5 Triple doubles next season.

Overall, Im VERY sad right now. Tyreke took so much bull**** from this organization and he NEVER complained. In my honest opinion the FO made a wrong descision today. No one has seen what tyrekes capable of under a good coach and non toxic environment. We should of at least tryed him for a year too see what his true Value is at.

Our FO is putting ALOT of HOPE on a VERY NAIVE rookie in Mclemore to be our saviour, and it just might come back too bite them in the *** to be honest. Bens an awesome humble kid, and Im fully rooting for him but he may be a long way from becoming the player hes capable of.

I hope too god they have more moves too ease the pain of this Reke Loss. sigh...

Last edited:
If you trade Vasquez at the deadline its an even bigger fail. You are spiraling down a flexible pieces wormhole then.

He's got to be the guy. The conventional if slow footed PG. McLemore has to work out as the conventional catch and shoot 2. If you are trading Vasquez in 6 months it means he has failed, and you have failed.

Or his trade value is pretty decent and you could use him in a deal to nab something even better. Never know.

As if it would have KILLED them to at least TRY and see how Evans would do under this new coaching staff?! I have to be dreaming. I can't imagine going along with any of the foolishness Vivek and this GM spew during the press conference

When you get everyone from run and gun teams that believe in jump shooting you are not going to go far. A perennial 7th or 8th seed and while some would be happy with that, I am not!

We ****ed up! Plain and simple! It's becoming more and more clear that we are run by bull**** artists that are quickly running out of bull****! This is Maloofian way! Well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.