[Game] Nuggets @ Kings - 3/5/13

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I think he pulled him for the bad pass, as MT was at the scorers table before Reke banged knees.
Well, do we know for sure that Thornton was originally coming in for Evans? I mean, I'd hate to think that Evans is the only guy on the team to get benched for turning the ball over.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Half-time feature is on Fat Lever.

I met him at one of the last "House Party Live" events, along with Kayte Christensen. Lever is very personable, and expressed a lot of admiration for the knowledge and dedication of Kings fans. He had some good stories of the good ol' days.

Well, do we know for sure that Thornton was originally coming in for Evans? I mean, I'd hate to think that Evans is the only guy on the team to get benched for turning the ball over.
If Reke gets benched for one bad pass, then MT/IT chucking gives them more min ahead of him. I know MT has been coming alive lately but c'mon.

Interesting, Guess he really doesn't like Reke.
Seems like it, gets yanked when he's playing good, if he messes up once, he's pulled for Smart's second favorite player MT. IT and MT chuck, Smart keeps them in the game. I've never seen your 3rd, 4th best players get 15+ shots a game and your best and second best take less than 10

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Agreed. I don't think we can conclude that Evans was pulled for a bad pass.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Well, MT seemed to be at the scorers table about 30 secs after Reke's bad pass. IT came in after Reke so Id highly doubt it would have been for him, especially given how hesitant Smart is to run a Reke/MT backcourt. Could it have been for Salmons? I suppose, but doubt it given the timing.

But Reke regularly is the first starter pulled even if he's the best player on the floor, so pulling him for a bad pass doesn't surprise me.

Nice that they gave Lafayette "Fat" Lever kuddos tonight both on Kings TV and radio. Definitely one of my all time fave NBA players. Besides all his impressive stats, helping Alex English get to the Hall of Fame (and Alex knows it well) - how about 42 triple doubles for Fat in his long, amazing career. GO FAT AND GO KINGS!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Well, MT seemed to be at the scorers table about 30 secs after Reke's bad pass. IT came in after Reke so Id highly doubt it would have been for him, especially given how hesitant Smart is to run a Reke/MT backcourt. Could it have been for Salmons? I suppose, but doubt it given the timing.

But Reke regularly is the first starter pulled even if he's the best player on the floor
, so pulling him for a bad pass doesn't surprise me.
Which can lead one to conclude, can it not, that Evans was going to be subbed out anyway and the bad pass was incidental not contributory?

DMC almost gets technical for foul that he thought was on him but was on JT. Cousins needs to assess the situation before reacting impulsively - it's called situational awarness. In this case, the ref looked at Cuz and it looked like he said, "it's not on you, shut up."

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Veteran move by JT to keep Cousins from going after Doofus. I'm seeing more and more indications of a team mindset.

K

KingMilz

Cousins costing us the games ...........dudes getting owned by Koufus and playing soft as he always does when he plays crap.