Bring Your Own Burkle and other latest stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Still don't understand the Maloofs thought process. From the outside it looks like they wanted to sell to the Seattle group when they could have had a much less convoluted bidding war with Ellison, Burkle, Mastrov etc. Wish we could know who they offered the team to.
We blew our dad's fortune on our coke habit, the habit which doesn't allow us to make sound or logical decisions, but instead of righting our wrongs and attempting to become good businessman, we need to find a way to get more money to supply our habit, after all, how else we we stay up until 4am making poor business decisions.

We blew our dad's fortune on our coke habit, the habit which doesn't allow us to make sound or logical decisions, but instead of righting our wrongs and attempting to become good businessman, we need to find a way to get more money to supply our habit, after all, how else we we stay up until 4am making poor business decisions.

HAHA. Great stuff! Probably closer to the truth than anybody really knows

BTW, the ultimate proof that the Maloof Bros. are terrible businessmen resides in the fact that they allow their emotions and personal feelings to govern their business decisions. No good businessman allows that to happen.

Still need to see if he is all in and we get a KJ presser with Burkle-Mastrov presented as the equity investors. He could have had a bad meeting. Not leaping for joy just yet.

Werent the Majackasses quoted as saying that they refused to sell to Burkle?

Spiteful little turds.
Honestly if they basically say that to the BoG then its going to hurt their cause more than it will help. If the board has reason to believe that they are turning down a comparable or better offer out of spite, they would probably tell them to stop acting like children and take the deal better for them and the league

gunks

Hall of Famer
Stern also hate the friggin Magoofs (but really now, who doesnt?).

Man that would be a coup for us fans...Going from the worst owners ever to having an amazing owner.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up here.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up here.
@carmichael Dave

I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer, but have to be fair. Ron Burkle was NOT announced as a bidder today. He met with Stern. Cross fingers.

It must ALSO be said, that if Burkle backs out or is not a part if the Sac bidding process, that may be a bad sign.

Hopefully nothing more than don't jump the gun too quick, let it be confirmed that it went well.

FWIW, I really like the Dowtown Plaza idea better than the rail yards. I think it will be much better for people driving into the game. The problem with the railyards always was and always was going to be parking and traffic. No way caltrans was putting in an off/on ramp there. People never ever were going to take the light rail to the game. Just wasnt happening.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
@carmichael Dave

I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer, but have to be fair. Ron Burkle was NOT announced as a bidder today. He met with Stern. Cross fingers.

It must ALSO be said, that if Burkle backs out or is not a part if the Sac bidding process, that may be a bad sign.

Hopefully nothing more than don't jump the gun too quick, let it be confirmed that it went well.
Although I doubt that if it went too badly, we'd be hearing about it at all.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
CD just brought up an interesting point.

Burkle of course has his known AEG connection and AEG is involved in Sac discussions. Well, nine other owners have teams which play in AEG arenas. Should help with any possible vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.