[Game] Nuggets at Kings, 12-16

Wow theres a great coaching move. Javale McGee is killing us with his height and leaping ability, so what does Coach Dumb do? puts short/nonathletic Chuck Hayes on him.......

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Boy, aren't we nice hosts? The Nuggets seem to be enjoying this very much. At what point do we deserve a comment from ownership and no, I don't mean in this game. I mean a comment about what the goals are for this team. SOMEONE comment other than Grant.

This will be a great test to see if Smart can get control of this team and finish out the game well.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Luckily we are not actually the worst team. I know it is hard to believe but there are a few that are even below us skill wise.
Skill-wise, sure. But skill is not the only thing in basketball. If we don't have the bar-none worst coaching in the league, the only possible reason would be that D'Antoni is so terrible that the Lakers' coaching is worse.

Luckily we are not actually the worst team. I know it is hard to believe but there are a few that are even below us skill wise.
No, there aren't. I don't care about the record, I'm talking about the way we play. We may have a better record than some other teams, but we have no concept of team basketball and, more important, this franchise has no direction. Our FO just doesn't care, they are not even trying to improve. That's why we are the worst team in the league, by far.

Skill-wise, sure. But skill is not the only thing in basketball. If we don't have the bar-none worst coaching in the league, the only possible reason would be that D'Antoni is so terrible that the Lakers' coaching is worse.
I said skill wise as I wasn't only indicated record, where there are several teams worse than us. Check out the Wizards to see a mess worse than us while they are missing Wall.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
So, yeah, IT going off in the 4th quarter against the Thunder was fun, but if he hadn't...we lose to OKC by 30+, then we lay this egg against the Nuggets at home...tell me how Keith Smart keeps his job after those two results. Smart better be sending IT a really nice Xmas card this year.

How long are we stuck with Outlaw?

Outlaw is the definition of why guaranteed contracts in the NBA should be looked at.... This piece of crap was servicable in every other destination he is been in. In Portland he was actually good. Signed that five (?) year contract with us and decided to retire and not work

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Is Thompson the only player that hasn't quit?
As I said in another note yesterday, JT seems to have the rare talent to be able to play even with an awful coach. He isn't distracted by thinking how awful his basketball life is. Hope I made sense.