Jimmer rumor?

The radio rumor here in Utah says no player coming back to the Kings. Just a future pick and cash.
That again is fine by me. Although I'd imagine the pick is Utah's and not GS's, as the latter's is likely to be higher (although now I'm not so sure, GSW have done a good job over the summer). It's very difficult to see a place here for Jimmer. He's a nice guy and I'd wish him all the best, but if we can get another first rounder for him I'd be all for it. Nerlens Noel and Alex Poythress please (with us progressing enough to just miss the POs, but win the lottery).

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't suggest things very often and I guess I shouldn't. I suppose that's pretty ridiculous.
Don't worry about it, you should continue posting and suggesting as you feel. It was harmless, but we're probably oversensitive with regards to Tyreke because there are some idiots on this forum who'd love nothing more than to ship him out for peanuts.

well if it is for future pick then we can use Jimmer's 2.9 Mil to sign TWill LOL
or to absorb salary in a Thorton for SF trade
With our resources getting scarce, I would rather that the Kings try to get another BIG first. Preferrably a shot-blocking BIG (like Birdman).

We can do without T-Will. PG (Brooks, IT, Evans, Salmons, Garcia) SG (Evans, Thornton, Salmons, Garcia), SF (JJ, Outlaw, Honeycutt, or even T-Rob or Salmons).

Jimmer for the GSW pick makes A LOT of sense from our perspective. We have too much young talent right now, and absolutely no room for Jimmer's playing time. Like, none. If the season started today he may not even be active.

Brooks, IT, MT, Evans, Salmons, Garcia, Outlaw, Johnson, Hayes, JT, Cousins, Robinson ----- Jimmer and Honeycutt Inactive.

Get the pick, get capspace ... which I'm sure we'd use for either Darnell Jackson or Terrence Williams. I don't even want the pick for the pick .. but it is an asset .. something we can use to sweeten a potential Iggy deal.

Jimmer could easily pull several thousands more fans to every Jazz home game and that could easily add a very high value to a mediocare player like Jimmer (see Jeremy Lin in NY as exhibit A). So if we're trading Jimmer to them better get a good exchange not talent-wise but revenue-wise. Revenue-wise would mean someone that could put us back to the playoff for years because no one in that Jazz jersey could counter Jimmer's "still hot" market value right now. Hayward or Favors + garbage for Jimmer + better vet or NO DEAL JAZZ FANS!!!

Brooks for $3+/- a year. I thought that was a pretty good purchase!?
It's not the price, it's the addition of another non-star player who's going to demand lots of shots and playing time and not give much defense. So going back to what Rainmaker was saying, even if we traded Jimmer for Earl Watson we probably wouldn't have the playing time available for Earl to make any difference with his defense.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Jimmer could easily pull several thousands more fans to every Jazz home game and that could easily add a very high value to a mediocare player like Jimmer (see Jeremy Lin in NY as exhibit A). So if we're trading Jimmer to them better get a good exchange not talent-wise but revenue-wise. Revenue-wise would mean someone that could put us back to the playoff for years because no one in that Jazz jersey could counter Jimmer's "still hot" market value right now. Hayward or Favors + garbage for Jimmer + better vet or NO DEAL JAZZ FANS!!!
How will Jimmer put several thousand more fans in Utah seats if Utah was already ranked 6th in attendance last year and sold 97% of available seating. He could add a buzz for all his BYU fans, and sell a number of jerseys, but Utah already has phenomenal attendance.

Yeah, don't expect a deal then. You're living in dreamland if you think Favors or Hayward will be traded for Jimmer. Forget it.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Brooks for $3+/- a year. I thought that was a pretty good purchase!?
Rather have just saved the money and get a Watson type instead, who fills a couple needs, unlike Brooks who hurts us more than anything. Yes Brooks is a good backup pg and gives us experience on the floor where we need it, but his me first style, his trigger finger, his not impressive shooting %'s, lack of defense, and being another guys competing for shots which we already don't have enough of to keep everyone happy just doesn't fit.

Watson would come in, run the team, look to get everyone involved before himself, and is about as tough a PG defender pound for pound that you'd find in this league. I'd much rather have Watson than Brooks, but now if we could get Watson we don't have room. Now, if we could get Watson and make Brooks strictly the 5th guard who rarely sees the court, I'd be for it, but Smart wouldn't, so there's no point, and it'd also mean we wasted 3M+ on him.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Yeah, don't expect a deal then. You're living in dreamland if you think Favors or Hayward will be traded for Jimmer. Forget it.
Probably have to include MT, which I'm not sure is worth it. Maybe it is. Favors has clear potential as a very good defender in this league and I might be willing to take that risk. Could then have Favors/Cuz upfront, with TRob backing up Favors and JT backing up Cuz, leaving Chuck plenty of time to eat his cheeseburgers. MT would be a lot to give up but something I'd consider if Utah was interested, as Favors would potentially fill a larger role and more important one than MT getting 20 mins off the bench. Utah is also pretty short at SG. But they'd probably prefer to depart with Kanter before Favors, so I think it's a moot point.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Guys, you gotta reign in the ambition. Utah has NO interest in trading Hayward or Favors. We're just lucky anybody still has an interest in Jimmer. In another year after a season of being the 5th guard they won't. So strike while the iron is still lukewarm and take what you can get. No need to start fantacizing about larger deals that aren't there.

Last edited:
Probably have to include MT, which I'm not sure is worth it. Maybe it is. Favors has clear potential as a very good defender in this league and I might be willing to take that risk. Could then have Favors/Cuz upfront, with TRob backing up Favors and JT backing up Cuz, leaving Chuck plenty of time to eat his cheeseburgers. MT would be a lot to give up but something I'd consider if Utah was interested, as Favors would potentially fill a larger role and more important one than MT getting 20 mins off the bench. Utah is also pretty short at SG. But they'd probably prefer to depart with Kanter before Favors, so I think it's a moot point.
Best part is once we make the playoffs Npliam will say "See guys, I told you, Cuz isn't a dominate big man because you never reached the playoffs with him. Now Favors joins the team and you make the playoffs!"

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Guys, you gotta reign in the ambition. Utah has NO interest in trading Hayward or Favors. We're just lucky anybody still has an interest in Jimmer. In another year after a season of being the 5th guard they won't. So strike while the iron is still lukewarm and take what you can get. No need to start fantacizing about larger deals that aren't there.
I agree it's highly unlikely, but our FO and the Maloofs have put us in a position where almost all we can do is hope. Plus it's July and there isn't much else to talk about. Do agree though as I said in my first post in this thread if we have an opportunity to trade Jimmer for anything of value now is the time as it might not happen again. Just by the sheer number of guards we have Jimmer wouldn't get the time to raise his value even if he did make a big jump between now and Oct.

If we can swing some sort of deal for Iguodala that includes our first round pick next year, do it. The 2013 draft class is weak from what I've heard, and we have enough young talent.

Our 2013 1st round pick
Jimmer
Salmons or Hayes or Garcia

FOR

Iguodala

If we can swing some sort of deal for Iguodala that includes our first round pick next year, do it. The 2013 draft class is weak from what I've heard, and we have enough young talent.

Our 2013 1st round pick
Jimmer

FOR

Iguodala
our protected pick goes to the cavs. wont know if we keep it until (fingers crossed) closer to the end of the season

There's a lot of overvaluing Jimmer here. I have no idea what kinds of deals Petrie has been talking about, but I'd trade him for the Heat's 1st round pick if I had to. If we can get anyone that fills any kind of need, it'll be a plus. Utah isn't going to give you any of their best players for Jimmer.

Would you give Cousins, Tyreke or TRob for Biyombo?

There's a lot of overvaluing Jimmer here. I have no idea what kinds of deals Petrie has been talking about, but I'd trade him for the Heat's 1st round pick if I had to. If we can get anyone that fills any kind of need, it'll be a plus. Utah isn't going to give you any of their best players for Jimmer.

Would you give Cousins, Tyreke or TRob for Biyombo?
Jury's still out on TRob, but no to the rest. Only because Biyombo could play a very significant defensive role on our team.

I'd hate to see the Kings trade Jimmer for several reasons, the biggest being that he won't net much in return. In lieu of that, I'd rather they hold on to him and hope he plays well during the spot playing time he receives this season. You invested a top 10 pick in the kid. Why sell a year later at such a low price? I'd keep him for at least another year then see where you're at. His value can't really get any lower during that timeframe.

We'll your the one living in dreamland if you think that the Maloofs will trade their jersey cash cow for peanuts. And you should start comprehending the whole sentence coz I never said Jimmer straight up for Favors or Hayward.

Rather have just saved the money and get a Watson type instead, who fills a couple needs, unlike Brooks who hurts us more than anything. Yes Brooks is a good backup pg and gives us experience on the floor where we need it, but his me first style, his trigger finger, his not impressive shooting %'s, lack of defense, and being another guys competing for shots which we already don't have enough of to keep everyone happy just doesn't fit.

Watson would come in, run the team, look to get everyone involved before himself, and is about as tough a PG defender pound for pound that you'd find in this league. I'd much rather have Watson than Brooks, but now if we could get Watson we don't have room. Now, if we could get Watson and make Brooks strictly the 5th guard who rarely sees the court, I'd be for it, but Smart wouldn't, so there's no point, and it'd also mean we wasted 3M+ on him.
You people easily forget why we signed and hurrayed for Marcus Thornton........it was because although MT was such a selfish scorer, defenses are kept honest and Reke was able to operate nicely.
Brooks is at par with MT in selfishness and scoring potential but Brooks can call plays and already knows a lot league smarts than IT.
Guys like Watson isn't an offensive threat, so defenses will easily sag on Reke

We'll your the one living in dreamland if you think that the Maloofs will trade their jersey cash cow for peanuts. And you should start comprehending the whole sentence coz I never said Jimmer straight up for Favors or Hayward.
Umm no. The Jazz aren't trading Favors or Hayward in about the same extent that we aren't trading Cousins or Tyreke.

And you didn't say trade Jimmer straight up for Favors or Hayard. You said trade Jimmer for Favors/Hayward + better veteran + garbage. So who else do you propose we send them for this lovely package?

I can't stand it when people jump on others for not reading their posts properly when they are the ones making unconvincing statements.

You people easily forget why we signed and hurrayed for Marcus Thornton........it was because although MT was such a selfish scorer, defenses are kept honest and Reke was able to operate nicely.
Brooks is at par with MT in selfishness and scoring potential but Brooks can call plays and already knows a lot league smarts than IT.
Guys like Watson isn't an offensive threat, so defenses will easily sag on Reke
Watson wouldn't be getting major minutes. He'd be a backup, probably paired with MT for our regular rotations.

If the trade involves a 1st round pick, I'd do it. Then, send a package of Thornton, Garcia and the 1st rounder to Phila for Iggy. That would be awesome.

Our 2013 1st round pick
Jimmer

FOR

Iguodala
i would be happy with Jimmer, Hayes, Garcia, and salmons all for Iguadola.