Summer League Kings Vs. Bobcats Gameday Thread

Should be a very interesting game. Apart from our own obvious interests, we'll get to see MKG, Biyombo, Walker, Mullens, Jeffery Taylor etc. They have a strong team. I'd expect us to lose this one but am hoping for a strong showing from Robinson, Jimmer and Whiteside.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Should be a very interesting game. Apart from our own obvious interests, we'll get to see MKG, Biyombo, Walker, Mullens, Jeffery Taylor etc. They have a strong team. I'd expect us to lose this one but am hoping for a strong showing from Robinson, Jimmer and Whiteside.
I didn't quite realize the Bobcats were throwing everything including the kitchen sink onto their summer league roster. This ought to be quite fun to watch.

yea i didnt know they were playing all those guys either. should be a good game. i've been watching some summer league games in Orlando and I havent heard of anyone playing yet besides Adam Morrison and Andre Drummond

Whoops, I have no idea if all those guys are playing. I was just assuming they are, so I could be wrong. Tried to double-check but couldn't find their SL roster, so we'll have to wait and see. On second thought, though, I doubt they'll have all those guys playing.

EDIT: Turns out all those guys are playing!

http://www.chron.com/sports/article/Bobcats-announce-Summer-League-roster-3694567.php

Bismack Biyombo, Kemba Walker, Byron Mullens and Cory Higgins will be joined by this year's first-round draft pick Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and second-round draft pick Jeffery Taylor. The roster also includes four players who played overseas last season — Paris Horne, Othello Hunter, Hamady Ndiaye and Patrick Sullivan — and undrafted rookies Carlon Brown, Josh Owens and Ralph Sampson III.

Last edited:

gunks

Hall of Famer
Should be a good game! I hope Whiteside shows some improvement. Robinson should beast against SL competition! Jimmer can do whatever, I will never get excited about that cat, unless we trade him.

Robinson could actually have a tough time against Biyombo and Mullens. That is a big and athletic frontline, and obviously Biyombo is a big-time shotblocker. Likewise, if MKG is guarding Jimmer, I wouldn't expect him to have too much success. Will be interesting though!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Robinson could actually have a tough time against Biyombo and Mullens. That is a big and athletic frontline, and obviously Biyombo is a big-time shotblocker. Likewise, if MKG is guarding Jimmer, I wouldn't expect him to have too much success. Will be interesting though!
One hopes TRob wil not have TOO many problems against the starting frontline of the worst team in NBA history, or it may be a while before he's ready for us.

here's their roster just posted by James Ham.

Bismack Biyombo (F/C), Carlon Brown (G), Cory Higgins (G), Paris Horne (G), Orthello Hunter (F), Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (F), Byron Mullens (C), Hamady Ndiaye (C), Josh Owens (F), Ralph Sampson III (C), Patrick Sullivan (F), Jeffrey Taylor (F), Kemba Walker (PG)

Kingster

Hall of Famer
here's their roster just posted by James Ham.

Bismack Biyombo (F/C), Carlon Brown (G), Cory Higgins (G), Paris Horne (G), Orthello Hunter (F), Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (F), Byron Mullens (C), Hamady Ndiaye (C), Josh Owens (F), Ralph Sampson III (C), Patrick Sullivan (F), Jeffrey Taylor (F), Kemba Walker (PG)
That's a lot of good young talent. It will be nice to see Jimmer go against Kemba and Robinson go against Biyombo and company.

One hopes TRob wil not have TOO many problems against the starting frontline of the worst team in NBA history, or it may be a while before he's ready for us.
Of course, but as far as SL games go, this will likely be his toughest match-up. Biyombo will likely be the best defender he faces during SL. Cousins dominated in SL in most games, but I also remember him struggling in a couple. Didn't determine how he turned out (and no, I'm not saying Robinson will be anywhere near as good as Cuz).

yeah not too worried about wins/losses here either but like you, i am very interested in robinson, jimmer and whiteside. if jimmer and whiteside show improvement over last year and trob can show he can play in the nba immediately like projected, id be happy

Next game between Houston and Toronto should be good. Houston has a lot of good prospects playing, some of whom I really like. Terrence Jones, Jeremy Lamb, Donatas Motiejunas, Royce White, Chandler Parsons. For the Raptors, there's Terrence Ross, Quincy Acy, Ed Davis, Daniel Orton, Tu Holloway and Rodney Carney. Houston certainly have more talent. Looking forward to seeing Jones in particular.

What did Vesely do? Switched off a few minutes before the end. And why don't you like Lamb? He's very talented. Hard to tell yet if it was him or the system at Uconn, but one thing is for sure, he didn't do as well as he should have. He should have taken the most shots there but for some reason he didn't.

What did Vesely do? Switched off a few minutes before the end. And why don't you like Lamb? He's very talented. Hard to tell yet if it was him or the system at Uconn, but one thing is for sure, he didn't do as well as he should have. He should have taken the most shots there but for some reason he didn't.
Fouled out... in a summer league game ;)

I dislike his attitude alot.... i like how he plays but i dont like him

Motiejunas seems to move really well for a 7 footer. Good boxing out on the missed shots and defensive positioning in the post. Fronting well and spinning to get back behind too. Freethrows though...