Signing Gerald Wallace

Have you really checked the data? 82games.com claim that he played 65% of the games, 62% were spent at PF, 3% - at C and 0,something (they don't give fractional parts, but if they any kind of statistitians it means "something" is lower than 0.500). So he spent 6 times less time at SF than at C. Most likely case - there were a few matchups and Skiles went for it.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
As reported by Marc Spears, Gerald Wallace signs with the Nets for 4 years / $40 million

Unfortunate, but we were never in the running anyway realistically. When we lost Gerald all thos years ago it was for keeps.

Saves face for Jersey's front office though. The #6 pick they traded away became Damien Lillard. We'll see, but Gerald Wallace at this stage in his career is very likely the superior player and will stay that way for a while. If you're trying to keep Deron, trading Lillard for Wallace makes sense.

Now what continues to interst me there is...so they sign Gerald. Is there any chance that means they won't/can't sign SK47? That's not 100% a pipe dream -- we know we already offered him a deal 7 months ago. So we know our interest. If New Jersey has dried up for him maybe we can have an actual shot at it.

Unfortunate, but we were never in the running anyway realistically. When we lost Gerald all thos years ago it was for keeps.

Saves face for Jersey's front office though. The #6 pick they traded away became Damien Lillard. We'll see, but Gerald Wallace at this stage in his career is very likely the superior player and will stay that way for a while. If you're trying to keep Deron, trading Lillard for Wallace makes sense.

Now what continues to interst me there is...so they sign Gerald. Is there any chance that means they won't/can't sign SK47? That's not 100% a pipe dream -- we know we already offered him a deal 7 months ago. So we know our interest. If New Jersey has dried up for him maybe we can have an actual shot at it.
Also interesting that they ARE going after Joe Johnson AND Deron Williams AND Jason Kidd. They also have Brook Lopez to sign.

I'm bringing this back to AK, who they would have no money left over for. As far as I know, the Kings and the Nets were the only two teams in on AK last year. With the Nets out, and some familiarity on our end (has to be nice for AK to know we really want him) ..

Maybe, just maybe ... he'll fall into our laps.

No news on that end either, which is strange. We've seen rumors on just about all of the big targets thus far, and nothing on AK. Seems like he's flying under the radar right now.

We're not gonna sign anyone guys.

JT and T-Will, that's our free agency period. The faster we acknowledge that and understand that we're broke and not even thinking about signing those caliber players due to their wage demands, the better.

We're not gonna sign anyone guys.

JT and T-Will, that's our free agency period. The faster we acknowledge that and understand that we're broke and not even thinking about signing those caliber players due to their wage demands, the better.
I think it's better this way, at least wait until the first crazed wave dies out with these offers.

Also interesting that they ARE going after Joe Johnson AND Deron Williams AND Jason Kidd. They also have Brook Lopez to sign.

I'm bringing this back to AK, who they would have no money left over for. As far as I know, the Kings and the Nets were the only two teams in on AK last year. With the Nets out, and some familiarity on our end (has to be nice for AK to know we really want him) ..

Maybe, just maybe ... he'll fall into our laps.

No news on that end either, which is strange. We've seen rumors on just about all of the big targets thus far, and nothing on AK. Seems like he's flying under the radar right now.
Ilyasova is mentioned as their target as well. It seems AK may not be in their bigger picture after all.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Ilyasova is mentioned as their target as well. It seems AK may not be in their bigger picture after all.
I wonder a little bit with AK and Deron. Deron got booted from Utah for being a prima donna. Maybe they did not get along?

In any case, I don't care how or why, with the lack of shotblcoking across our frontline AK has moved to the head of the list as far as being uniquely qualified to compelte our lineup. Be the defenisve captain, and amin shotblocker. Given brains and money, our front office could field:

C- Cousins
PF - TRob
SF- AK47
SG- Reke
PG- Thomas

6th- Thornton
7th- Thompson
8th- TWill

Ship the rest of the team off to Honolulu for the season, and that 8 man rotation I would GUARANTEE would be significantly stronger than last year's team. Not perfect, not a contender. Little shy on shooting. But you'd have good pop, versatility, athleticism, strong bench, the addition of 3 guys who will give you defensive effort in TRob, AK57 and TWill (who was only wiht us for 19 games). We'd be considerably better.

I wonder a little bit with AK and Deron. Deron got booted from Utah for being a prima donna. Maybe they did not get along?

In any case, I don't care how or why, with the lack of shotblcoking across our frontline AK has moved to the head of the list as far as being uniquely qualified to compelte our lineup. Be the defenisve captain, and amin shotblocker. Given brains and money, our front office could field:

C- Cousins
PF - TRob
SF- AK47
SG- Reke
PG- Thomas

6th- Thornton
7th- Thompson
8th- TWill

Ship the rest of the team off to Honolulu for the season, and that 8 man rotation I would GUARANTEE would be significantly stronger than last year's team. Not perfect, not a contender. Little shy on shooting. But you'd have good pop, versatility, athleticism, strong bench, the addition of 3 guys who will give you defensive effort in TRob, AK57 and TWill (who was only wiht us for 19 games). We'd be considerably better.
That, most likely, is a playoff team.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member

C- Cousins
PF - TRob
SF- AK47
SG- Reke
PG- Thomas

6th- Thornton
7th- Thompson
8th- TWill

Just do it. I don't care how.

C- Cousins
PF - TRob
SF- AK47
SG- Reke
PG- Thomas

6th- Thornton
7th- Thompson
8th- TWill

Given that we'd be paying the rest of the guys you left off some-$20-odd million I think they could afford to ship themselves to Hawaii, thank you very much!

But unfortunately, I'd only see AK47 coming in if JT isn't retained (and then Smart would play him at PF, yay). But we'll see. I'd love to be wrong.

Given that we'd be paying the rest of the guys you left off some-$20-odd million I think they could afford to ship themselves to Hawaii, thank you very much!

But unfortunately, I'd only see AK47 coming in if JT isn't retained (and then Smart would play him at PF, yay). But we'll see. I'd love to be wrong.
If we had non-broke owners, we'd be able to amnesty Salmons and bring in both AK and T-Will in to the fold. With reasonable owners, that lineup is incredibly realistic and absolutely a contender for the playoffs. You're adding two players, but an improved Cousins & Reke is a huge boost as well.