[Game] Kings vs Pistons 3/14/12

Sam Amico just tweeted Kings having conversations with the Celtics about JJ Hickson.

Avery Bradley? Etwauun Moore? Draft pick?

Aside from a bigger Rondo deal, or a draft pick .. they don't have much I would want if I am the Kings, and I'm only trading them Hickson.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Sam Amico just tweeted Kings having conversations with the Celtics about JJ Hickson.

Avery Bradley? Etwauun Moore? Draft pick?

Aside from a bigger Rondo deal, or a draft pick .. they don't have much I would want if I am the Kings, and I'm only trading them Hickson.
Have to be a pick. Unless we want Avery Bradley for PF.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
MT has been crap tonight. Why was Smart so concerned with getting him back in? Why did Smart completely ignore our non defensive backcourt as Det scored 32 in the 2nd and closed the gap to 1? Why did Reke play less than every other starter, yet was the best on them on both ends? Why can't Cuz/MT/Reke get over 33 mins, yet IT is on pace for over 40?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
MT has been crap tonight. Why was Smart so concerned with getting him back in? Why did Smart completely ignore our non defensive backcourt as Det scored 32 in the 2nd and closed the gap to 1? Why did Reke play less than every other starter, yet was the best on them on both ends?
Because IT is awesome at missing free throws

Capt. Factorial

Staff member
If the Celtics are blowing it up, I'd happily take Pierce for Hickson/Jimmer/Donte/capspace. But I just don't see the realistic place where Hickson to Boston is going.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
If the Celtics are blowing it up, I'd happily take Pierce for Hickson/Jimmer/Donte/capspace. But I just don't see the realistic place where Hickson to Boston is going.

The purely old school sentimental side of me wants Pierce to play his whole career as a Celtic. I'll take Ray Allen's expiring, though.

It's time for our yearly "trade" with Boston. Previous results include Sam Cassell (Retired and coaching but still under contract) and Marquis Daniels (Out for season with spinal surgery).
Translation: We help them out by sending them a player or helping them out with the salary cap and they send Joe and Gavin their loose pocket change.

The only active players not playing so far for Boston are Etuane Moore, Pavlovic, and JuJuan Johnson. None of which are equal to a 1st rounder + Casspi, which is what we paid for Hickson.

****ing Petrie.

Capt. Factorial

Staff member

The purely old school sentimental side of me wants Pierce to play his whole career as a Celtic. I'll take Ray Allen's expiring, though.
The Kings fan side of me says the fantasy of Pierce on the Kings trumps Boston's legacy. Dunno if I'd want to go much higher than JJ for Allen, as he'd likely walk in the summer.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
One plus is if Jimmer gets traded, we don't have a backup point, which in theory should force Reke back to point and IT to 6th, forcing less small ball.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Por lost by 42 tonight. Can't be that hard to pry Wallace from that situation since he's already on the block. I'd be disappointed if we don't acquire someone who can help us given the teams looking to dump players and salaries.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Jimmer hasn't played today and that hasn't really stopped anything.
If Jimmer is being held out, the call probably came down a couple hrs before the game, if that. Might be different if when game planning he's not on the roster. And why move IT to the bench if Jimmer might still be here two days from now?