[Game] Kings vs Mavs

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Think the point still stands though. If IT is going to be a starter, can't sit him this long. Goes for any starter really.
True. Wonder if Garcia's good play was part of the reason. Smart tends to ride the hot hand...almost to a fault. IT looked good early on, though.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Good first half. 4 guard lineup for a bit, but Smart changed it up once they were getting killed inside. Hayes and Cousins pairing took care of that. Need to get DMC involved a bit more, cause I don't think they would have an answer for him. Evans and Thornton taking it to the Mavs

Walton "on crack" quote of the last 2 minutes: saying Evans at the SF is a good idea because he's not a playmaker, RIGHT after a great play by Evans in which he did a good job running the offense and getting an easy bucket for Thornton, IIRC.
I find it interesting over the last few games, Smart seems to be going back to Reke at point more often while keeping IT on the bench.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
What was that? Looked like Reke was waiting for Cuz to post up, and Cuz put zero effort into it.

edit: and that explains it, still sick

I think he really was sick, and hasn't recovered completely. Smart said he was pretty dehydrated in practice yesterday. Real food poisoning can really hamper your energy for a few days.

We're not really involving him much either though.

And Grant just confirmed this. Talked to Boogie and he said he has no energy at all and haven't been able to eat that much.