[Game] Kings vs Mavs

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
You must admit... it is fun having Bill The Mouth Walton as your home court announcer when you are winning and have just secured a new arena. The guy just magnifies everything in whatever direction it's heading.

We're up by nine and according to Walton "running the champs out of the building". I'll go with that.
I've never even contemplated dropping acid, but if it makes the world a Bill Walton 24/7 Experience...

Last edited:

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Even Bill realizes keeping starters out too long ices them and breaks their rhythm.

Will add, not really a problem so far tonight.

It's kinda funny how you can hear the annoyance in Grant's voice when he's paired with Walton. There's just a "grin and bear it" tone to many of his responses to Bill's comments. Those two together are like oil and water.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Good first half. 4 guard lineup for a bit, but Smart changed it up once they were getting killed inside. Hayes and Cousins pairing took care of that. Need to get DMC involved a bit more, cause I don't think they would have an answer for him. Evans and Thornton taking it to the Mavs

Walton "on crack" quote of the last 2 minutes: saying Evans at the SF is a good idea because he's not a playmaker, RIGHT after a great play by Evans in which he did a good job running the offense and getting an easy bucket for Thornton, IIRC.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Hmmm, wonder what could possibly be bothering him?
I think he really was sick, and hasn't recovered completely. Smart said he was pretty dehydrated in practice yesterday. Real food poisoning can really hamper your energy for a few days.

We're not really involving him much either though.