Cousins accused of sending inappropriate picture to woman

Just heard on Grants show. DeMarcus and his Agent deny it. Make what you want of it. Probably another person trying to get at DeMarcus
Not worth spending a lot of time on but apparently he an a girl were exchanging messages and he allegedly sent a picture of himself nude. Frankly, even if true, it sounds like he thought this was a mutual "game" that went wrong. Probably more embarrassing than inappropriate.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I don't think there's really anything wrong with the behavior between consenting adults. She asked, he provided, and then because he's an NBA center she took the pick and cashed in on a money making opportunity.

Now it's a little dumb if you don't want pics of you know what on the web, but as sdballer said, it's more embarrassing than anything else.

oh god. **** like this is so ridiculous. its not a brett favre situation. there's no scandal here. demarcus isn't married or anything. he's 21 years old and single, and the situation was apparently consensual. like sdballer said, its more embarrassing than inappropriate, if true. i just hope this particular female isn't trying to take advantage of demarcus' status as an nba player, and an allegedly troubled one, at that. the kid deserves a break...

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I do not at all doubt that he could have been sexting with some woman. I considerably doubt that it was forced upon her, out of the blue, not part of flirtatious play etc.

Now this will sound absolutely terrible, but I am going to throw it out there anyway: I entirely understand why professional athletes engage the services of professionals as often as they do. They are big game and constantly at risk in other situations. Might as well preset the fee you are going to have to pay to interact with a female rather than let an avaraicious one and her lawyer set it much higher.

Now this will sound absolutely terrible, but I am going to throw it out there anyway: I entirely understand why professional athletes engage the services of professionals as often as they do. They are big game and constantly at risk in other situations. Might as well preset the fee you are going to have to pay to interact with a female rather than let an avaraicious one and her lawyer set it much higher.
I agree. I'ts probably hard have a legitimate relationship with anybody when your oozing that kind of fame and money.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Just heard on Grants show. DeMarcus and his Agent deny it. Make what you want of it. Probably another person trying to get at DeMarcus
I got the impression this was a tweet. I hope I am wrong as that is not private. Can anyone confirm? If it was anything else, let me just yawn and move on. Just wondering how it became news if it was private.

Don't know if it's true and I don't think it's a big deal anyways but why why why do men like to send nude pictures of themselves to females? It just seems so weird to me.

I got the impression this was a tweet. I hope I am wrong as that is not private. Can anyone confirm? If it was anything else, let me just yawn and move on. Just wondering how it became news if it was private.

It was most likely a private tweet. Which means no one else can see them. The reason it's become public is because she decided to spill the beans for a quick buck.

It's not a big deal, but it's not ideal. People will no doubt use it as another reason for him having bad attitude/character/insert mainstream view. It was poor judgement, and a bit stupid, but it's not necessarily wrong. They're two consenting adults, they're free to do as they please.

Not worth spending a lot of time on but apparently he an a girl were exchanging messages and he allegedly sent a picture of himself nude. Frankly, even if true, it sounds like he thought this was a mutual "game" that went wrong. Probably more embarrassing than inappropriate.
Agree with this.

It was most likely a private tweet. Which means no one else can see them. The reason it's become public is because she decided to spill the beans for a quick buck.

It's not a big deal, but it's not ideal. People will no doubt use it as another reason for him having bad attitude/character/insert mainstream view. It was poor judgement, and a bit stupid, but it's not necessarily wrong. They're two consenting adults, they're free to do as they please.
Yeah it would be a direct message only she could've seen.

Glenn

Hall of Famer

Thanks. Now let's discuss it for the day and then let it drop.

Cousins denies sending inappropriate photo

A woman is alleging Kings center DeMarcus Cousins sent her an inappropriate photo via text message.

Cousins, through his agent, John Greig, denied sending the photo. Greig said he would contact NBA security about the situation today.

Greig wrote: "Rest assured that DeMarcus Cousins has not sent any nude photos to any woman at any time. Allegations that he has and internet websites that are reporting such are erroneous. These websites should take the images claiming to be DeMarcus down and apologize. It is a sad reflection of where our culture is that someone can send and post these type of things without any accountability."

The photo began showing up on web sites Tuesday.

Man, the ONLY way this hurts Demarcus is if he (and his agent) are lying about it.

Don't these public figures get it? (especially athletes)
America doesn't care about your sexual proclivities - they care about catching you and rubbing your nose in it.
Now Demarcus has dangled red meat in front of the public, daring them to catch him and prove his denials wrong.

If he didn't do it, then of course he's fine to deny - but why demand the photos be taken down if they're of another guy?

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Man, the ONLY way this hurts Demarcus is if he (and his agent) are lying about it.

America doesn't care about your sexual proclivities - they care about catching you and rubbing your nose in it.
Now Demarcus has dangled red meat in front of the public, daring them to catch him and prove his denials wrong.

If he didn't do it, then of course he's fine to deny - but why demand the photos be taken down if they're of another guy?
You demand to take it down because the picture is identified as being that of Cousins.

Because it's slander.

DeMarcus out for tonights game. Yikes! Claim is possible food poisoning.
Sorry for being a little too cynical .. but cmon.

I don't care about the photos, but do what your paid to do. This a big game for us. A big, winnable game. The first one coming off the big vote last night and Cousins is going to miss it.

I sure hope he really is sick, because if he's just ducking from 'picture gate' then that's .. taking the easy way out.

DeMarcus out for tonights game. Yikes! Claim is possible food poisoning.
uh-oh.

Well, that was a 1 in 39 chance to happen the exact day he may be under investigation by the team for conduct unbecoming...

not a good sign, if the Kings felt they needed to hold him out of the game tonight.

Of course, it may well be a complete and utter 2.5% chance of it happening tonight out of the 39 games so far this season and hopefully this blows over to be about nothing.... but with DMC being a lightning rod for negative national attention, this is the last thing he (and the Kings) needed right now.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Sorry for being a little too cynical .. but cmon.

I don't care about the photos, but do what your paid to do. This a big game for us. A big, winnable game. The first one coming off the big vote last night and Cousins is going to miss it.

I sure hope he really is sick, because if he's just ducking from 'picture gate' then that's .. taking the easy way out.
I agree. We'll probably never know. But Monta played here the day before the media storm and the day after. Same exact scenario. That was a few weeks ago. Swept under the rug pretty quickly. I'm not sure anyone really cares.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
uh-oh.

Well, that was a 1 in 39 chance to happen the exact day he may be under investigation by the team for conduct unbecoming...

not a good sign, if the Kings felt they needed to hold him out of the game tonight.

Of course, it may well be a complete and utter 2.5% chance of it happening tonight out of the 39 games so far this season and hopefully this blows over to be about nothing.... but with DMC being a lightning rod for negative national attention, this is the last thing he (and the Kings) needed right now.
Kings didn't seem to really pay much mind tot he scandal. Smart essentially said that what happens off the court would have no bearing on what happens on it.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It's rather important to note that thanks to some other Kings story, something about an arena or something like that, this scandal has pretty much been buried.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Kings didn't seem to really pay much mind tot he scandal. Smart essentially said that what happens off the court would have no bearing on what happens on it.
Neither did GS with Monta a few weeks ago, and he's married. It's really personal business. Embarrassing, yes. But has nothing to do with the team.

It's rather important to note that thanks to some other Kings story, something about an arena or something like that, this scandal has pretty much been buried.
Right, and Cousins is making it worse with this phony 'food poisoning' thing. Of course I'm assuming that's a cover up ... and if it isn't then I'll be perfectly happy to admit I was wrong, but if it's just DeMarcus being embarrassed ... We need him on the court, tonight, and he's letting the team down.

He already had his agent say his piece, and if he just went out there, at home, and did his job .. this thing would really blow over.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
My guess is 98% of Kings fans don't even know. But now, they'll either go to the game or watch at home, wonder where he is, and type is name into google. That will make it worse. Hope he's sick.