[Game] Game Thread: Kings vs. Nuggets 1/25

I'd rather have them get the hell outta my city then stay here and embarrass us on a nightly basis. No?

There is obviously no goals to improve this team..havn't had any for a long time
eventually things will get better, they won't get away with this forever. We just have to continue to hang in there.

Would that really be so bad, considering?
Yes. LA doesn't need three teams, and the Kings don't want to be the third-best team in LA.

The Nuggets, right now, are the second best team in the west and they actually have the best offensive execution in the west. The Kings are bad at transition D and the Nuggets play the best transition O. Surprise, we're getting killed. The Kings don't suck as bad as this game would have you believe.

I'd rather have them get the hell outta my city then stay here and embarrass us on a nightly basis. No?

There is obviously no goals to improve this team..havn't had any for a long time
I think we are one or two players, and great coach away from being a great team. Hell, we may just need a good SF, but we definitely need some serious coaching to capitalize on our talent and get us together as a team.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I've lived in Sacramento my whole life and I'm deeply embarrassed by what I see. This team is pathetic and the great fans of Sacramento don't deserve to be punished like this.
The great fans don't need to boo their own team, either. If you're that embarrassed, feel free to change the channel and/or find a different place to post. Our name, as Slim has indicated, is KingsFANS.

I think we are one or two players, and great coach away from being a great team. Hell, we may just need a good SF, but we definitely need some serious coaching to capitalize on our talent and get us together as a team.
But the problem is, the owners don't, and probably never will spend money on real talent. That's the Maloofs for ya. I agree this team has the pieces to make a great team, but not with the Maloofs in charge.

The great fans don't need to boo their own team, either. If you're that embarrassed, feel free to change the channel and/or find a different place to post. Our name, as Slim has indicated, is KingsFANS.
What?? The great fans aren't allowed to show their disgust in the product these people are putting on the floor to represent our city? Am I supposed to be a robot?

You're kidding right? Try the real world. I'm a fan of the team regardless, but if they suck year after year and don't play hard, there will be blowback. I will boo. Who else will set them straight if not us?

I'm beginning to wonder if as KFs we may need to start thinking about readjusting our mindset and expectations back to 1980s/1990s level. Basically just accept that the Kings suck and roll with it. If they get lucky and get good again, great. But if not, why torture ourselves? One can only be disappointed if one's expectations aren't met. Since we can't adjust the team, next best thing is to adjust (LOWER) your expectation. Easier said than done, I know. But food for thought.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
True, but I figured it's mostly been Jimmer fans signing up here, at least from what I've observed in the month or so before signing up here.
We did get a barrage of Jimmer fans when he signed with us, but luckily there are just a few that are totally blind fanboys. Those of us who have been around for a long time remember the days of Peja fanatics and we just don't want a repeat of that time. It was ugly, really ugly...

Welcome to KF, by the way. If you like good basketball discussion and interesting thread themes, this is the place to be. :)

Great fans all over the world boo their teams to send a message to ownership/management that they haven't gotten the job done all the time. Doesn't make them less of a fan. If the NBA worked like the EPL(England), where fans could actually sit down with ownership and have a discussion, then it'd be different. But there aren't any other effective avenues here.

We did get a barrage of Jimmer fans when he signed with us, but luckily there are just a few that are totally blind fanboys. Those of us who have been around for a long time remember the days of Peja fanatics and we just don't want a repeat of that time. It was ugly, really ugly...

Welcome to KF, by the way. If you like good basketball discussion and interesting thread themes, this is the place to be. :)
Thanks, and to be honest, I know a LOT more about football. I've played some basketball and watched a bit, but no way can I discuss the finer points and everything like I like to do with the NFL. I'm just here to talk about what's going on in the games and to share my frustration with some other Kings fans.