[Game] Game Thread: Kings vs. Nuggets 1/25

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
They said Chuck Hayes may be able to play by Saturday. I have to wonder if he's wishing his shoulder hadn't healed.

I love the Kings but this is painful to watch and embarrassing. I'm having second thoughts now about spending good money to come to the nationally televised game.

I was hoping that stage of the Kings was long gone. Looking at the history.. we have had plenty of coaching changes (which has stalled improvement at every turn), bad trades (Salmons) and bad offseason (letting Dally walk). A collection of the wrong talent it is that simple.
I don't even think "wrong talent" can account for this level of suckitude. You could throw together five random guys from D-leauge and they couldn't be any worse than this.

I wish everyone would boycott this crappy team. Stop showing up to games and stop watching on TV until things change. Because you see, no matter how badly these losers play, the players and the maloofs still come out a few million dollars richer, and we are the ones who get ripped off. Lets cut out their money supply, perhaps they'll considerr improving this sorry excuse for a team

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I wish everyone would boycott this crappy team. Stop showing up to games and stop watching on TV until things change. Because you see, no matter how badly these losers play, the players and the maloofs still come out a few million dollars richer, and we are the ones who get ripped off. Lets cut out their money supply, perhaps they'll considerr improving this sorry excuse for a team
Cut their money supply and they have the justification to move the team.

Thats what the maloofs want...Makes their bid to Anaheim a whole lot easier.

Well if it's so obvious that everyone on the team is a zombie, why does Cousins still throw the passes?

u guys are rabid cousins jock riders sometimes.
It's easy to see Cousins as flawless among this group of deadbeats. He's the only one that seems to have any passion and fire. Thomas has it too, which is why he's a favorite as well.

Last edited:
This season was essential to the Kings staying in Sactown.. What a pitiful performance thus far to this season and I don't think it will change much barring some sort of miracle. Literally. It will take a miracle for this team. I am not even from Sacramento nor have I ever been there, but it has been a long dream of mine to come to ARCO and watch a game with full ARCO thunder. I am not going to even bother until there is something worth watching. I can only hope Sactown gets to keep the Kings until that time.

Is it too early to start a "throw money at Wilson Chandler" ? I would love a SF rotation of CHandler and Greene :eek:
Might be a bad idea couple of years from now (or maybe even now), but how about Shawn Marion?

He might hate to come here, and Cuban might not do it to him, but they are looking to shed salary to try and sign both Williams and Howard next year. We have space to absorb him. Our price shall be some draft picks (I know that they shall be real low picks). He brings a winning culture and veteran presence to a group that seems to really need it. Plus, he is a huge upgrade on anything we have at 3 right now.

Of course, his salary is huge, and he has 3 years left after this (yikes). Given the reported financial condition of our owners, they shall be loath to take on this contract for an ageing player, and might tend to cut on JT or Donte, if the need comes. Moreover, given Smart's proclivities, he might want to play him at 4 (or even 5 for all we know)

Cut their money supply and they have the justification to move the team.
No they don't. The team staying depends completely on the arena situation, nothing more. If they get a fan backlash from putting a **** product on the floor, they have no one to blame but themselves. They can't just cry to move their garbage operation to another zip code. Well, they can, but the NBA won't buy it.

No they'll just move the team. We are pretty much over a barrel until the Maloofs sell. And they need to sell. They can't put a good product on the floor anymore.

It's easy to see Cousins as flawless among this group of deadbeats. He's the only one that seems to have any passions and fire. Thomas has it too, which is why he's a favorite as well.
Funny thing is, Westy thought Cousins' passion and fire was the problem, because he wasn't happy with the way things were going. I don't want a player happy with this, and Cousins and IT are the only ones showing something right now.

The ENTIRE team is an embarrassment right now. To single Tyreke out is laughable and either myopic or player-phobic.
Oh I agree with you, but Evans had just put up a crazy stupid shot when I was typing it out. I am a huge Reke fan as he is the player that really got me back into King's basketball. I like everyone wearing a Kings jersey, except maybe Salmons. But I still want everyone to succeed.

This season was essential to the Kings staying in Sactown.. What a pitiful performance thus far to this season and I don't think it will change much barring some sort of miracle. Literally. It will take a miracle for this team. I am not even from Sacramento nor have I ever been there, but it has been a long dream of mine to come to ARCO and watch a game with full ARCO thunder. I am not going to even bother until there is something worth watching. I can only hope Sactown gets to keep the Kings until that time.
This season has nothing to do with the Kings staying or leaving. This team can win ten games a year for the next decade and they're staying IF the arena is built.

No they don't. The team staying depends completely on the arena situation, nothing more. If they get a fan backlash from putting a **** product on the floor, they have no one to blame but themselves. They can't just cry to move their garbage operation to another zip code. Well, they can, but the NBA won't buy it.
Lets get the arena ok'd first..then we'll talk about boycott.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Oh I agree with you, but Evans had just put up a crazy stupid shot when I was typing it out. I am a huge Reke fan as he is the player that really got me back into King's basketball. I like everyone wearing a Kings jersey, except maybe Salmons. But I still want everyone to succeed.
Sorry. I get a bit rabid over player-bashing. My bad...

No they'll just move the team. We are pretty much over a barrel until the Maloofs sell. And they need to sell. They can't put a good product on the floor anymore.
I'd rather have them get the hell outta my city then stay here and embarrass us on a nightly basis. No?

There is obviously no goals to improve this team..havn't had any for a long time

It certainly seems intentional at this point.
Yeah I mean they could atleast trade for a veteran 3 who could help, there are teams looking to move salary and would make a deal. They put a crappy product on the floor because they can move if fans stop showing up and support for an arena dries up, or they can make money by Donald Sterling-ing us and paying the minimum while people still show up. I hope Burkle or someone else can wrestle away control from these guys, they are killing the team.