The Kings and Freeagency:

brewer

Brewer is a very good defender. His offense will surprise you at times as he can be very streaky ( a little john starkish w/defense).

We should definately take brewer on he is still on rookie contract 3 this year 3.2 next year!

Petrie should take Brewer on, then continue to try to add AK.

Brewer is a very good defender. His offense will surprise you at times as he can be very streaky ( a little john starkish w/defense).

We should definately take brewer on he is still on rookie contract 3 this year 3.2 next year!

Petrie should take Brewer on, then continue to try to add AK.

Corey or Ronnie?

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I don't recall any games where he was terrible. There were a few games where he wasn't as effective as others, but he wasn't terrible. I like Barea. He's a very good basketball player who only has one negative. He's short! Thats it! For his size he a pretty good defender, the word pesky springs to mind. But he's outstanding at penetrating and breaking down the other teams defense, expecially in man coverage. The games in the playoffs where he wasn't as effective were games the opposing team went to a zone defense. But in general, he's very effective. He's a good spot up shooter, and a good passer as well as having a variety of shots around the basket.

Having said all that, I'm glad he signed with Minny. Not because of what I think of him, but because selfishly, I don't want Jimmer's minutes screwed with, and they would be with Barea on the team. If the Kings aquire another PG, then I want it to be someone that will play behind Jimmer, and not comptete for his floor time.

I know a lot of you haven't really seen Jimmer play very much, if at all. I think you'll be surprised. At BYU, he had little or no space from the moment he touched the ball. He was double teamed every game, and sometimes triple teamed. I think he'll find the spacing in the NBA to his liking, and some of his game will actually be easier for him than it was in college. In all the games I watched last season, I can only remember a few times when Fredette didn't have a hand or two in his face while shooting. I can count on one hand the amount of times he had a wide open spot up three, and a couple of those were from just across the halfcourt line when no one had picked him up yet.

So from my prospective, I didn't want a Barea here interfering with his development.
If the kid is that good, Barea wouldn't have interfered with his development. (It's not like he's be behind CP3 or Deron Williams). Either the kid is that good, in which case you shouldn't be worried, or he's not that good, in which case he can sit on the bench and learn from someone who is. This shouldn't be a "training wheels" year for the Kings. Training wheels are off. If you can play now, great. But if you can't, too bad, your minutes should be allocated accordingly.

Den just locked up Nene. 5 yrs 67M. Daly to Hou?
That's huge.

Houston will probably end up with Dalembert now, as you suggested.

The other thing is that the Nets were looking at Nene as the consolation prize if they couldn't land Howard.
Now, I think they have to land Howard, because if they don't, they are going to lose Williams.

My guess is that they'll end up with Howard due to that fact, and will mortgage everything they have to get it done.

Orlando is going to lose Howard due to the issues known between him and the FO.
Neither the Lakers or Mavericks have that young star that the Nets have, and I don't see either team dumping all of their Veterans in order to land Howard.

If we don't hear in the next 24 hours that Dalembert has signed either with the Rockets or another team, I wonder if that's a sign that he's waiting to see what's happening with us and AK.
It's possible that we may have the best offer out there, contingent on whether we land AK or not.
At this point most of the money has been locked up so it should be pretty easy to get a deal done with a team, unless he's waiting for another domino such as AK to fall.

Just trying to infuse a bit of hope into this situation. We'll see...

ESPNSteinLine Marc SteinESPN sources: Clippers and NBA-owned Hornets have agreed to Chris Paul deal in principle. Gordon, Kaman, Aminu and Minnesota pick to Hornets

Wow, that's a lot to give up for Paul. He's a great player, but wow. A very good young talent, a potentially very good young a talent, a huge expiring and a possible #1 pick in the draft.

ESPNSteinLine Marc SteinESPN sources: Clippers and NBA-owned Hornets have agreed to Chris Paul deal in principle. Gordon, Kaman, Aminu and Minnesota pick to Hornets

Wow, that's a lot to give up for Paul. He's a great player, but wow. A very good young talent, a potentially very good young a talent, a huge expiring and a possible #1 pick in the draft.
I like that much more for NO. Not as high on CP3 as apparently many are. Especially, for a year and a half. But, LAC are looking pretty damn good either way. Will regret including Gordon though. Until we traded for Thorton, Gordon was at the top of my list of young guys I wanted playing next to Reke.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

Stern has balls of absolute steel. I am not even sure he has eyelids to make blinking even possible. That's the same deal the Clippers kept on saying no too, but Stern doesn't bend. He does not break. You do. :p

I like that much more for NO. Not as high on CP3 as apparently many are. Especially, for a year and a half. But, LAC are looking pretty damn good either way. Will regret including Gordon though. Until we traded for Thorton, Gordon was at the top of my list of young guys I wanted playing next to Reke.
Yes, love it for NO. THis was probably the best offer that was out there this entire time. I thought the W's one wasn't bad either.

Last edited:
In my opinion this is an absolutely huge win for both teams.

NO gets a vastly better deal than what they would have taken from the Lakers.

The Clippers with Griffen/CP3/Jordan have the core that you can build around for a long time, and they should now be able to retain both CP3 and Griffin going forward. I expect them to make the play-offs now, and be very competitive.

I would bet that Orlando is looking at this situation and are going to ask for even more for Howard now.

Stern has balls of absolute steel. I am not even sure he has eyelids to make blinking even possible. That's the same deal the Clippers kept on saying no too, but Stern doesn't bend. He does not break. You do. :p
He absolutely raped them on that deal. CP3 was never coming back to NO but Stern still managed to get some great young talent/picks in return. NO will suck it up, get a top 5 pick and the Minny pick could end up being top 5. They could re-build in a very short time.

=

Kingster

Hall of Famer

Clippers really know how to screw it up. They had a good thing going, but just couldn't help themselves. Just had to have the star. For publicity sake? Giving up Gordon was beyond idiotic. New Orleans is going to have a nice team. Good for them. The Lakers don't get Paul. Yippeekiyaa!

Kingster

Hall of Famer
In my opinion this is an absolutely huge win for both teams.

NO gets a vastly better deal than what they would have taken from the Lakers.

The Clippers with Griffen/CP3/Jordan have the core that you can build around for a long time, and they should now be able to retain both CP3 and Griffin going forward. I expect them to make the play-offs now, and be very competitive.

I would bet that Orlando is looking at this situation and are going to ask for even more for Howard now.
Excellent point about Howard. Heck, if the Clipps were going after Howard, they'd probably throw in Griffin in the deal.

Clippers really know how to screw it up. They had a good thing going, but just couldn't help themselves. Just had to have the star. For publicity sake? Giving up Gordon was beyond idiotic. New Orleans is going to have a nice team. Good for them. The Lakers don't get Paul. Yippeekiyaa!
Dunno, I mean the Clippers have done young and talented before. They've done it a lot, actually, and they've never been all that competitive with a nice future on top. They were semi-there with Cassel and Brand, but right now they have a lot of nice pieces that might look even stronger down the road. Of course, losing Gordon too is a really steep price, but if I were a Clippers fan, I'd still be down with it, mostly because it signals that Sterling might actually be kinda serious about contending.

Entity

Hall of Famer
In my opinion if Paul don't sign extension he bolt across town I 6 months. He wanted the lakers and will be there next year. Clips sold out for a one year rental of a player that still won't go deep in playoffs if at all

In my opinion if Paul don't sign extension he bolt across town I 6 months. He wanted the lakers and will be there next year. Clips sold out for a one year rental of a player that still won't go deep in playoffs if at all
I don't think the Lakers will have the money to sign him. I guess they could amnesty someone then couple that with the MLE and TPE, but not sure if that would still allow them to sign him. Plus Bynum would be on the last year of his contract next season.

So as it stands our huge summer of fa has yielded chuck Hayes.
Plus Marcus Thornton (resticted, but a free agent none the less), and John Salmons (via trade), and J.J Hickson (via trade), with an open invitation to Andrei Kirilenko at a good asking price for both sides, and Dalembert as of yet unsigned and looming as a possibility for return unless Houston outbids us. The Kings obviously aren't done since they have to meet the salary floor, but overall they have made more additions than subtractions.

As many have been saying, the best way to aquire talent and build a contender is to trade for it. Few dynasties have been created through free agency, the Shaq Lakers and LeBron Heat are the only ones that jump to mind. I doubt that the Kings will be able to add a significant #1 or #2 talent to this staff via free agency regardless of the millions in cap space they have to throw at them due to the limited number of true "STAR" players and the inherent monetary incentives for those star players to go to the larger market teams for the extra advertisement revenue that comes along with them. Not to say that I wouldn't be extatic if a top name did want to come play with the Kid Kings, but that appeared unlikely from the very beginning.

The strategy going forward then should be to continue building as Geoffe has done by following the San Antonio, Seattle/Zombie Sonics model of sustained small market success. The Kings have a few excellent pieces locked up for years and finally may have the true #1/#2 pieces necessary to contend annually. The next step is often overlooked as people think the big free agent splash will lead to rapid returns...chemistry is the key now, growth, reps, repetition, consistency, cohesion.