The Kings and Freeagency:

I wouldn't be against Peja as a veteran that comes in when needed to spread the floor and might give him a chance to end his career in Sacramento. He is slow and washed up but he can still shoot it with the best of them.

He is not the guy you count on as a key piece but a low maintenance vet who sits on the bench and comes in for spot minutes here and there. Having said that we have too many SFs (or pseudo SFs) as is and the last thing we need is to add another one to the bottom of the depth chart. It would have to be as a starter and major minutes guy and Peja is not it at this stage of his career.

I would LOVE to have a young Peja playing off Cousins and off the Reke kick-outs. No chance of anyone packing the paint if we had a tall sharp shooter like Peja was in his prime.

Source: Cektics close to deal with free agent forward David West. Story up soon on http://NBA.com. Not gonna be David West
Thank god for that.

I know but, didnt Dalembert say "They (the Kings) can still make an offer"? couldnt we do that to help facilitate a move....?

We can still resign him, but not to facilitate a move. If we resign him, we'll have to wait 6 months before being able to trade him. It's highly unlikely at this stage that he'll be back.

Signing Kirilenko would be too competent. I wouldn't get the hopes up.

I wasn't able to listen to the broadcast.

So for those of you who had the opportunity, it sounded as if Grant was referring to a FA of some kind, rather than a trade with a team?

If so, that really does narrow down the field quite a bit.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I wasn't able to listen to the broadcast.

So for those of you who had the opportunity, it sounded as if Grant was referring to a FA of some kind, rather than a trade with a team?

If so, that really does narrow down the field quite a bit.
Basically, to AK, Nene and West, and West is apparently close to signing with Boston. Praying it's AK.

Maybe it was West and we lost him to Boston.
Then in my opinion we would have won.
I don't think that West is a remotely good fit for this team, especially due to his age and coming off the injury. It's for those reasons that I would be surprised if we were trying to make a big run at him.

AK47 makes a lot more sense w/o Salmons on the team.
But you could go really big if you wanted to, by moving Salmons to the SG in spots if needed. (Though I was impressed with Thorton's ability to post up at times.)
I'd like to see who Curry from Golden State gets to guard in that line-up.

PG: Tyreke 6'6
SG: Salmons 6'6
SF: AK 6'9
PF: Hickson 6'9
C: Cousins 6'11

But you could go really big if you wanted to, by moving Salmons to the SG in spots if needed. (Though I was impressed with Thorton's ability to post up at times.)
I'd like to see who Curry from Golden State gets to guard in that line-up.

PG: Tyreke 6'6
SG: Salmons 6'6
SF: AK 6'9
PF: Hickson 6'9
C: Cousins 6'11
Marcus F Thornton is not getting paid over $7million to come off the bench. He is our 20ppg starting SG...and for a good reason too.

Edit: bye bye John! Hmmm...wonder what Petrie can get in return for him if he doesn't want to amnesty him.

Last edited:
Marcus F Thornton is not getting paid over $7million to come off the bench. He is our 20ppg starting SG...and for a good reason too.
I agree. I said that we could move Salmons over to the SG in spots if needed.
Meaning that if he's getting bullied by a bigger SG, say Joe Johnson, we could easily move Salmons over to the 2 and have AK at the 3, and be in perfect shape.

If we sign AK, I don't expect Salmons to replace Thorton in the starting line-up. From what I recall, AK is a bit injured at the moment, so Salmons would start in the beginning of the season, and hopefully by the end of the season we have AK starting next to Thornton and Tyreke.

Why john? why not cisco? Johns a better defender, scorer, passer, handler, has a cooler chin strap, his last name is a fish, the list goes on..
After looking at their salaries it would most likely be Cisco, as he's owed about half as much as Salmons. If Salmons would accept a bench role he'd actually make a great 2/3 backup.