The Kings and Freeagency:

If there is any truth to what Grant is paddling, then Geoff has always like Nene so would not be surprised if he is looking in that direction and possible sign and trade.

Gasol or Nene would be a huge move, but I think we would know if the Kings were interested in one of them by now.

Grant said not an all-star, but did he mean not an all-star last year or ever? Could be AK or David West if he meant not an all star last year.

Outside chance its afflalo or Jordan, but they fit the criteria. I think those teams will match though.

Gasol or Nene would be a huge move, but I think we would know if the Kings were interested in one of them by now.

Grant said not an all-star, but did he mean not an all-star last year or ever? Could be AK or David West if he meant not an all star last year.

Outside chance its afflalo or Jordan, but they fit the criteria. I think those teams will match though.
None of the big name free agents have been all-stars in their career (except Butler) so its not really much of a give away if we are talking FAs.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
The more I think about it, the more I doubt it's a RFA, by the way Grant worded everything. That would leave AK and West, I think. Nene/Gasol/Aflalo are all RFA. Doubt he's talk as he was, if all the other team had to do was match. Den and Mem both said they'd match for all three.

I'm thinking AK or West.

Possibly tomorrow.

Carolija, if you knew Grant, doubt you would think he's lying, or just selling something to the fan base. This is COMPLETELY out of character for Grant.
Look I have listened to the Grant in the past, seen him broadcast kings games with Jerry and to me he is just a mouth piece. He tries to talk everything up, defend the Kings when they make a bad move. Occasionally he will call out a Kings player to get a reaction (Bobby) and come across as someone who is now Maloofs' lapdog. He was also paddling crap that we got movable pieces in the Webber deal and how Kenny Thomas will give opposition team headaches because of his quickness.

I hope I am wrong this time but when I think of Grant Napear, reliable is not the word that comes to mind. Each to their own I guess! ;)

The more I think about it, the more I doubt it's a RFA, by the way Grant worded everything. That would leave AK and West, I think. Nene/Gasol/Aflalo are all RFA. Doubt he's talk as he was, if all the other team had to do was match. Den and Mem both said they'd match for all three.

I'm thinking AK or West.
Nene is unrestricted.

Entity

Hall of Famer
i don't get the signing of west the trade of hickson and still having JT and whitside if its west. Hickson is a good player. West don't fit to me. Id like AK better

David West has been an all-star on multiple occassions
You are right!

My bad!

I'm thinking AK or West.
Pretty sure Nene is unrestricted and West scares the crap out of me. How many scorers does this team need?! I am not a big West fan. He is a "nice" player but I would pass. AK47 I would be happy with but it scares the **** out of me if it is West. He just does not fit with the roster that we currently have. I would much rather play JJ Hickson significant minutes at PF that West. At least he has youth, athleticism and potential on his side. A MUCH better rebounder too.

Paying West the money it would take would be suicide IMHO.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
Look I have listened to the Grant in the past, seen him broadcast kings games with Jerry and to me he is just a mouth piece. He tries to talk everything up, defend the Kings when they make a bad move. Occasionally he will call out a Kings player to get a reaction (Bobby) and come across as someone who is now Maloofs' lapdog. He was also paddling crap that we got movable pieces in the Webber deal and how Kenny Thomas will give opposition team headaches because of his quickness.

I hope I am wrong this time but when I think of Grant Napear, reliable is not the word that comes to mind. Each to their own I guess! ;)
As someone who's listened to Grant almost weekly, since 95, I can tell you what he said today, was completely out of character. If you disagree, fine. I'm sure you listen to him weekly in Australia.

As someone who's listened to Grant almost weekly, since 95, I can tell you what he said today, was completely out of character. If you disagree, fine. I'm sure you listen to him weekly in Australia.
I never said I listened to him weekly but occasionally I have and its the impression I get from him. I might be wrong but I am yet to be proven wrong on him. Like I said, each to their own.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
You are right!

My bad!

Pretty sure Nene is unrestricted and West scares the crap out of me. How many scorers does this team need?! I am not a big West fan. He is a "nice" player but I would pass. AK47 I would be happy with but it scares the **** out of me if it is West. He just does not fit with the roster that we currently have. I would much rather play JJ Hickson significant minutes at PF that West. At least he has youth, athleticism and potential on his side. A MUCH better rebounder too.

Paying West the money it would take would be suicide IMHO.
I'd rather West than Hayes, and AK than both. If we get one, I think we'll see a trade next week as well.

Gasol or Nene would be a huge move, but I think we would know if the Kings were interested in one of them by now..

All the more reason to think that's possible the way Petrie's lips are sealed. Usually, most of his moves come out of the blue and if there ever is a leak it ususally comes from the other camp. Also, someone came to the conclusion that a Center would be excluded in any move we might make. I disagree. I think it could be a center. Grant said if you can get a better player, then why wouldn't you? maybe thats why we had to give up his rights to get who we really want. Win-Win situation. Dally gets what he wants...we get what we want. Just because we gave up our rights to Dalembert doesnt mean that we are not in the mix anymore for him. Perhaps the Center we have our eye on is considered better than Dalembert. Chances are slim that Dally remains on our team but we could still use him in a sign and trade scenario couldnt we? His camp is very quiet. Too quiet. He wants to go to Miami, or Atlanta, or New Orleans, perhaps even Memphis....somewhere relatively close to his native Haiti. How about a sign and trade using him for a Marc Gasol, Okafor, Josh Smith, or dare I even think it......Bosh?

All the more reason to think that's possible the way Petrie's lips are sealed. Usually, most of his moves come out of the blue and if there ever is a leak it ususally comes from the other camp. Also, someone came to the conclusion that a Center would be excluded in any move we might make. I disagree. I think it could be a center. Grant said if you can get a better player, then why wouldn't you? maybe thats why we had to give up his rights to get who we really want. Win-Win situation. Dally gets what he wants...we get what we want. Just because we gave up our rights to Dalembert doesnt mean that we are not in the mix anymore for him. Perhaps the Center we have our eye on is considered better than Dalembert. Chances are slim that Dally remains on our team but we could still use him in a sign and trade scenario couldnt we? His camp is very quiet. Too quiet. He wants to go to Miami, or Atlanta, or New Orleans, perhaps even Memphis....somewhere relatively close to his native Haiti. How about a sign and trade using him for a Marc Gasol, Okafor, Josh Smith, or dare I even think it......Bosh?
We can not sign and trade Dalembert as we have renounced his rights.