Number 5 Pick for Rubio?

Would you trade the number 5 pick for Rubio? I think a case could be made that we need a distributor as well as a big man?
ah hell no! Can Rubio play center? block shots, defend against big men, and provide inside scoring? Go to battle against the Lakers' twin towers?

Value wise it's fine, but for our particular circumstances? No way! And this is coming from big Ricky Rubio fan. Evans and him won't fit together, and it's looking a lot like we're going to get a shot at either Favors or Cousins. Now that we have our all-star guard, we can't pass up on an opportunity to get big man prospects of their caliber.

why do these threads pop up every other day? I guess some people just can't understand that someone named Tyreke is our PG. 5th pick for a back-up PG to Tyreke.... NO WAY!!!

Nooooooo. We have a huge advantage at PG right now, why do you want to throw that away? Please, I want it to be tomorrow night right now so all this can stop

It's bnot the direction the Kings are going. Maybe it would have made sense last year with Hawes/Martin/Thompson/Casspi but it's not right for this team..

Cousins/Landry/Casspi/Evans/Beno looks better than that team above.

K

king07

all the rubio haters in this thread will be eating crow in a couple of years. This amount of hatred is unwarranted. I would love to have a Rubio type of player on our team who can distribute the ball and break defenses down. Tyreke is not a point guard and will never be a point guard. That's not to say he's a bad player but he's not a PG.

I don't hate Rubio at all. He may come to the NBA and be great. I just think Evans was the right pick for the Kings last year. No regrets.

all the rubio haters in this thread will be eating crow in a couple of years.
And if not, where will you be in a few years when he's still overseas?

This amount of hatred is unwarranted.
It's not about hate, and everything about reality.

I would love to have a Rubio type of player on our team who can distribute the ball and break defenses down.
And Beno and Evans can't break down defenses and distribute the ball? I must have missed the entire season...

Tyreke is not a point guard and will never be a point guard. That's not to say he's a bad player but he's not a PG.
He's a combo guard who can create and score and pass. Ever see Wade play? Nobody would call him a pure PG, but he can be a ball-dominant guard who creates and can distribute. So please, GET OVER IT.

all the rubio haters in this thread will be eating crow in a couple of years. This amount of hatred is unwarranted. I would love to have a Rubio type of player on our team who can distribute the ball and break defenses down. Tyreke is not a point guard and will never be a point guard. That's not to say he's a bad player but he's not a PG.
How old are you?:p

I like how Rubio detractors get all cocky and crap on his game when they probably haven't even watched him play that much. He hasn't even played in the NBA yet, please reserve judgment of his ability at least until then.

Even if Tyreke isn't a PG ... I still say no. We don't need a excellent distributor anymore, we need a quality big and defensive presence.

No chance. Not when you have a chance to get an elite center in Cousins at that spot. PG is not near as big a need, and I'm confident that Cousins will be a considerably better player than Rubio. This coming from a Rubio fan.

The man-crush on Rubio needs to stop. It's embarassing. Get over it already. He doesn't fit this team, and while I'm sure he'll be a very good player when he comes over (and I guarantee he will come over within the next two-three years), he just wouldn't work on this team.

No chance. Not when you have a chance to get an elite center in Cousins at that spot. PG is not near as big a need, and I'm confident that Cousins will be a considerably better player than Rubio. This coming from a Rubio fan.

The man-crush on Rubio needs to stop. It's embarassing. Get over it already. He doesn't fit this team, and while I'm sure he'll be a very good player when he comes over (and I guarantee he will come over within the next two-three years), he just wouldn't work on this team.
Oh how I wish others could see it the same way as you