Al Jefferson relocating to Sacramento??

If I'm Kahn I would but that would take casting some mind control spell on Petrie so it won't happen.

No way in hell would I give the 5th for him...they'd have to give a lot more than Jefferson.

Not to mention the wolves getting two picks in the top 5? Excuse me while I gag.

Entity

Hall of Famer
us giving up a pick nah I don't think so. Better yet we should take on brands contract for the #2 pick and trade JT or carl for the #3 pick.

then we would have

Tyreke
Evan Turner
Donte Greene
Derek Favors
Demarcus Cousins

Bench

Dalembert
Beno
Brand
Omri
Carl or JT
Garcia

lol yeah that sounds good

I'd do this trade only if Cousins is gone.
say no to al jeffy. the guy is all offense, no defense. i dont know if you saw when the t pups were playing the kings but hawes and jt brought em out further away from the basket and exploited their front line.

say no to al jeffy. the guy is all offense, no defense. i dont know if you saw when the t pups were playing the kings but hawes and jt brought em out further away from the basket and exploited their front line.
After Cousins, Jefferson is better than anybody you can draft this year.

I said after Cousins, not ANYBODY. I thought his knee injury was last year, he seemed to have recover nicely.

he's damaged goods. it's too early to say he's better than anybody after cousins imo. he's good but not good enough for me to trade the 5th pick for him.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Maybe a mod could add a poll? Anyway, my response. Oh, hell no.

KMart23? You might want to change your signature. ;)

No. He doesn't have a defensive position, and he's a black hole offensively. He would not do as well on a team with a big scorer like Evans.

This would be the ONLY way I consider it:

Al Jefferson
#16 - Avery Bradley
#23 - James Anderson
#45 - Jerome Randle

for
#5 - Wesley Johnson or DeMarcus Cousins
Beno Udrih
Francisco Garcia

At #33 Kings select Darington Hobson

New roster:

C: Dalembert, Thompson
PF: Jefferson, Landry, Brockman
SF: Greene, Casspi
SG: James Anderson, Darington Hobson
PG: Evans, Bradley, Randle

Man I love Al, I really do. Do I want him playing for our team? Not certain, but he is poetry in motion on the offensive block IME. He's continuing a floundering tradition of back-to-the-basket play, and he raises it to an art form. If he could bring that same flair and artistry to the defensive side we'd be looking at the next Hakeem.

And that's the deal I guess- I just miss Hakeem. While everyone is looking for the next Jordan I'm looking for the next Hakeem, and Al is the closest I've seen on the offensive end. I love to watch fights for the poetry of it- the art behind it all, and that's the same reason I love to watch big Al go to work down low.

/end admiration rant

On the defensive side though I'm 150 lbs, arthritic and I'll light him up.

I'd take Aminu and Johnson over him, but Monroe and the rest? IDK.
see that's the problem...what makes you think Petrie will even pick Aminu and Johnson when he hasn't even worked them out? If Cousins is gone, Petrie will most likely pick Monroe. I'd take big Al over Monroe.

see that's the problem...what makes you think Petrie will even pick Aminu and Johnson when he hasn't even worked them out? If Cousins is gone, Petrie will most likely pick Monroe. I'd take big Al over Monroe.
I never said I think he would. IDK what he'd do but that's not what I was speaking to- I was just saying that like you I would probably prefer Big Al to Monroe, but if I had my Lil Abner Druthers I'd take Johnson or Aminu over Al. :cool:

I never said I think he would. IDK what he'd do but that's not what I was speaking to- I was just saying that like you I would probably prefer Big Al to Monroe, but if I had my Lil Abner Druthers I'd take Johnson or Aminu over Al. :cool:
With Johnson, you could make an argument for over big AL. the rest I don't know. If they throw in Brewer or another first round pick, then I'd probably go for it (this is assuming Jefferson's knees are sound).

With Johnson, you could make an argument for over big AL. the rest I don't know. If they throw in Brewer or another first round pick, then I'd probably go for it (this is assuming Jefferson's knees are sound).
Certainly though we would want Cousins over Al, so this trade idea is a bad one. Unless we are certain given the opportunity Petrie would pass on Cousins for Monroe, then yes trade for Al.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Not a fan of his contract so I don't see why we'd give them the #5 for a player they want to be rid of.

Maybe a mod could add a poll? Anyway, my response. Oh, hell no.

KMart23? You might want to change your signature. ;)
Thanks, VF. :D

I thought we were trying to get some defense on this team and now some folks would give up a #5 draft pick for a minimal defense big?

What defensive powerhouse would we be passing on to get him though?
I don't know, but this seems like a move, just to make a move. We already know he doesn't play very good defense. He also is signed through 12/13 for $42 million. He'd better be a whole lot better than a big we could get as a rookie.

At this point, I'm not enamored of taking on long expensive contracts with the CBA negotiations coming up next year.

I don't know, but this seems like a move, just to make a move. We already know he doesn't play very good defense. He also is signed through 12/13 for $42 million. He'd better be a whole lot better than a big we could get as a rookie.
Gotchya, but if we had a possibility for a deal that would land us someone more defensive minded I'm sure we'd go for it, providing it was reasonable, legal etc.

I firmly believe he's better than any big that would fall to us other than Cousins.