Kings @ Nets Game Thread, 3/24, 4:30 pm PST

WTF Moment of the game?

• Beno outrebounds Hawes and Landry.

Votes: 34 70.8%
  • Kings begin allowing their fans to play with 3 minutes left to go in the game.

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Our 2 guards = invisible.

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
U G L Y they ain't got no alibi, that was ugly!

:eek:

There, I embarrassed myself so the dudes on the team wouldn't feel so yucktastic and lonely.

The things I do to entertain...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tired. That's the excuse we get for the fourth quarter collapse. Bravo. I'm tired too, how about I insert a *&^#$ and a @^%# in here, say: "My bad I was tired," and expect no one to get a little perturbed.

Okay, that's not really fair. The Grizzlies are a surprising team on the rise, exceeding all expectations. I think that if someone presented their current position to them before the season they would have accepted it straight away. We just saw a game indicative of a typical Grizzlies performance: They play at a playoff level - forget what makes them successful - allow other team to do whatever they want - turn it on and try to salvage the game. We're just not in any condition to take advantage of such inconsistencies.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the season is winding down I will periodically offer snippets of summarization (why is that not a word?)

I am pleased with Beno's resurgence this season. Really, I am pleased with the growth of almost the entire team this season. They have established a scrappy identity. They have a solid, talented, youthful core. The only thing I have left to wish for is continued improvement in the front court.

The Kings will probably not win 30 games, but this was a helluva lot better than watching last year's blah fest.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awards:

TDM - Is 4 steals a typical "D" performance from Mayo? He wins it for that.

LW-VC - Marcus Williams did a whole lot of nothing.

JHA - Dominic McGuire

MIKKI - Garcia was tired...

SAR- Nocioni could have been the father of half of the Grizzlies.

RA&1 - Buckets is still MIA.

WTF/JT moment of the game - The most impressive "woss" evasion of all time.

Next up are the Nets. They're worse than the Clippers.

Predictions:

Kings 109 / Nets 90

Pts: Landry 26 / Lopez 19
Rbds: Beno 10 / Lopez 6
Asst: Beno 11 / Harris 4
Blks: Hawes 2 / Zebra 2

Probable Starters:

Beno / Harris: Beno will get a triple double!
Garcia / Lee: Garcia will rebound nicely.
Greene / Williams: Who's Terrance Williams?
Landry / Jianlian: Landry will be a beast.
Hawes / Lopez: Poor Lopez is the Nets' only hope.

The Kings better win.

GO KINGS!!!

Last edited:
The stakes are high in this one. Nets are about to make history to the tune of 7-75 and we should absolutely not let them come up for air now.

The stakes are high in this one. Nets are about to make history to the tune of 7-75 and we should absolutely not let them come up for air now.
Pretty much exactly what I was going to write.

We are short handed and they are going to play their hardest. We can NOT be con cruise control for this one.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
M-O-M-M-A

That is how they got that way. Their mommas! Yeah, yeah, their mommas!

I sense a team rebound vs. the Nets. That could be in the figurative sense, where they rally around each other, or in the literal sense, where there is only one team rebound, Lopez having gobbled up the rest.
I'm not sure with which to go.

L

LWP777

With Harris and Lopez on the team I really don't get how they only have 7 wins all year long. There is something wrong there.

I was thinking about the lameness of naming a BB team the "Nets." I mean the nets on the baskets are a completely immobile, defenseless, passive part of the game, and often abused by players. Go Nets! Yippee! :p

After last year, I really can sympathize with New Jersey fans. They also know they are losing their team to another city and state. Hopefully we avoid matching that fate.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I think Brockman is still hurt but yeah...I'm all for the lin as well.

...I'd be happy if our only win the rest of the way is against the Lakers. If we end up with a pick in the 8-10 range I'm going to be disappointed.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
This is one of those "lins" I am not sure you want to have. Its almost historic to lose to these guys. I would say if we had Reke it would just be something you want to avoid at all costs. Wihtout him...eh...maybe its enough cover. But its still a big embarrassment. And dammn near impossible to pull off I might add -- remember I am perched less than 10 miles from the arena and can watch as much Nets slop as I want. Its not even basketball.

Have you guys learned nothing from the "lins" in the past few years? If you do have more losses, it does not mean that you will get a higher draft pick. If you do get the higher draft pick, it does not mean that you will end up with the better player.

The only thing that is certain is that if you lose to the Nets you have become a disgrace and if you hope for a loss against the Lakers for any reason you have lost your soul.

This is one of those "lins" I am not sure you want to have. Its almost historic to lose to these guys. I would say if we had Reke it would just be something you want to avoid at all costs. Wihtout him...eh...maybe its enough cover. But its still a big embarrassment. And dammn near impossible to pull off I might add -- remember I am perched less than 10 miles from the arena and can watch as much Nets slop as I want. Its not even basketball.
Not really, everyone will forget about it in no time.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Have you guys learned nothing from the "lins" in the past few years? If you do have more losses, it does not mean that you will get a higher draft pick. If you do get the higher draft pick, it does not mean that you will end up with the better player.

The only thing that is certain is that if you lose to the Nets you have become a disgrace and if you hope for a loss against the Lakers for any reason you have lost your soul.

I think you learned all the wrong lessons -- it is PRECISELY because we picked up so many lins last year that we ended up with Tyreke. We were so bad that even when the absolute worst case scenario possible came up (4th pick) we were still right in the middle of things. And there were a whole pack of teams who made the mistake of winning a few more games and wanted him who missed out. If we finish above Minny, he's gone.

Its pretty unlikely we have a chance to pick that high this year, but our own fate is an encouragement to tankers everywhere -- we finally got the top pick we needed to get that foundational star. It worked (and we weren't even tanking -- just profoundly sucking ).

It increases your odds of having the higher pick. Having a higher draft pick doesn't mean you will end up getting the better player, but it increases the odds that you will and it gives you more control over your fate since you have more players to choose from.

I'm sick of these bogus arguments that if an action doesn't "guarantee" you something, then it doesn't do anything.

Disgrace? Soul? Come on, these are meaningless words that have nothing to do with the bottom line. The bottom line is collecting as much talent as we can for when we finally go into win now mode.

Beno`s third consecutive double double is on the way tonight! With Tyreke out, he could do it every night. The ball is in his hands and pick n roll is flying with Landry!
It will be tough match as Kings are playing 3rd game in 4 days! I hope Beno has some gas still in his muscles! Garcia`s ran out previous game!

I'm with Bricklayer. Although we are in a very tight Lin race with Indiana and Detroit, and a lot of position is at stake tonight, we cannot bare the tarnish a loss to NJ would bring. I figure we should win tonight, then might drop 2 straight at Boston and Clev, which would give us the same results as a Lin tonight, just avoiding being one of 8 teams to lose to the Nets.

Besides, Indiana has been somewhat "hot" lately and stringing together some solid wins. What LOSERS :p

I'm with Bricklayer. Although we are in a very tight Lin race with Indiana and Detroit, and a lot of position is at stake tonight, we cannot bare the tarnish a loss to NJ would bring. I figure we should win tonight, then might drop 2 straight at Boston and Clev, which would give us the same results as a Lin tonight, just avoiding being one of 8 teams to lose to the Nets.

Besides, Indiana has been somewhat "hot" lately and stringing together some solid wins. What WOSERS :p
Fixed ;)

L

LWP777

Here's a little nugget on (hopefully) this game from Sam Amick's twitter
I think more contracts should be done this way. I think PW is safe to get 25 wins but I think 30 will be really tough. $2M for 25 isn't too bad. Heck, I think I could have coached them to 25 wins!

Here we go...we NEED to win this one, I don't care what anyone says about the lotto, we cannot lose to a team this historically bad.

...and way to start it, Hawes deciding not to defend Brook.

L

LWP777

I think we are going to lose this game. Like I said in my previous post, Lopez and Harris are players and will probably destroy us tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.