Tyreke Evans ROTY & 20/5/5 Watch

Reke vs Raptors: 19 - 10 - 10

+18 (-1) = +17 pts
-8 (+5) = -3 reb
+26 (+5) = +31 ast
+17 (-10) = +7 pts
-3 (+5) = +2 reb
+31 (-1) = +30 ast

Points have taken a huge beating mainly because of what Brick said, but he now somewhat moved over to the SG slot and teams can put a bigger man on him since Beno is by his side. Also, Beno tends to run the offense more often now and when his shot is on, he tends to shoot the ball more. This is one of the reasons why I don't like Beno playing along side Reke, but that's a whole other conversation.

+17 (-10) = +7 pts
-3 (+5) = +2 reb
+31 (-1) = +30 ast

Points have taken a huge beating mainly because of what Brick said, but he now somewhat moved over to the SG slot and teams can put a bigger man on him since Beno is by his side. Also, Beno tends to run the offense more often now and when his shot is on, he tends to shoot the ball more. This is one of the reasons why I don't like Beno playing along side Reke, but that's a whole other conversation.
So Martin, now Beno are not good next to Evans. Maybe he should play by himself.

What is your problem? I'm not sure what it is with some people that makes them have personal vendettas against our own players. Did he do something to personally harm you or offend you? I don't get it.
Some people are only happy when they have something to whinge about and as a result, their ego never allows them to admit that they are wrong!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Tyreke now has comfortable breathing room in all three categories. As long as he doesn't start busting out zeros in the statline, I think he's got it.

Besides this guy being a troll...Umm Beno and Tyreke have been very productive and pretty efficient together...so ummmm...yea...not sure what you're talking about.
I think he was responding to the guy who said he doesn't like Beno playing next to Tyreke because he takes too many shots away from Tyreke.

If I've done the math correctly, it should look something like this:

+7 pts (+9) = +16 pts
+2 reb (+4) = +6 reb
+30 ast (+6) = +36 ast

Consistency, and/or a couple more big games points/rebounding wise should seal it for him.

Shame he didn't get the triple double last night.

I think he was responding to the guy who said he doesn't like Beno playing next to Tyreke because he takes too many shots away from Tyreke.
Correct. It has nothing to do with Evans. First it was Martin that didnt fit, now its Beno. Stars and Super star dont require specific types of players next to them. They only need good players. Does it matter who plays next to Nash, CP3, Billups or Kidd? No it doesnt, they have had different shooting guards next to them and they all play the same. And if you go by the Evans is a shooting guard theory, Kobe has played next to some pretty average and below PG's. McGrady never had an above average PG next to him. Oh how about Mitch Richmond. Did he ever have a good PG?

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Beno has played very well with Tyreke, the one complaint is that Beno is a small body which allows the other team's SG to D up on Tyreke negating his size advantage when he is matched up against PGs. It is why many of us are looking forward to Garcia at 100% because at that point if you have Greene, Garcia and Reke out there most nights 2 out of 3 are going to have a nice size advantage on their defender.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Correct. It has nothing to do with Evans. First it was Martin that didnt fit, now its Beno. Stars and Super star dont require specific types of players next to them. They only need good players. Does it matter who plays next to Nash, CP3, Billups or Kidd? No it doesnt, they have had different shooting guards next to them and they all play the same. And if you go by the Evans is a shooting guard theory, Kobe has played next to some pretty average and below PG's. McGrady never had an above average PG next to him. Oh how about Mitch Richmond. Did he ever have a good PG?
And of course as you well know, nobody is complaining that Beno is not good enough to play next to Reke, well besides the last of the Martin guard. They are saying that what Beno does is a) take the ball out of Tyreke's hands, which is a problem for any PG. Nash wouldn't be much of anything without the ball either. And b) allow the other team to avoid the devastating twerp guard on Tyreke defensive matchup by letting their twerp guard hide on Beno.

Its an amazingly simple argument to follow really, for anyone who actually has any interest in dialogue or following arguments as opposed to just trying to spin things for their plank.

And of course as you well know, nobody is complaining that Beno is not good enough to play next to Reke, well besides the last of the Martin guard. They are saying that what Beno does is a) take the ball out of Tyreke's hands, which is a problem for any PG. Nash wouldn't be much of anything without the ball either. And b) allow the other team to avoid the devastating twerp guard on Tyreke defensive matchup by letting their twerp guard hide on Beno.

Its an amazingly simple argument to follow really, for anyone who actually has any interest in dialogue or following arguments as opposed to just trying to spin things for their plank.
I didn't say Beno wasn't working. Someone else did that was my point. And Nash could still shoot the ball.

Oh, just because you have a taller SG than Beno doesn't mean they still dont put the SG or SF on Evans. And it's not like Beno is that short he's 6'3" so another 3-4 inches doesn't help on the perimiter that much as the low post.

K

Kingsguy881

I didn't say Beno wasn't working. Someone else did that was my point. And Nash could still shoot the ball.

Oh, just because you have a taller SG than Beno doesn't mean they still dont put the SG or SF on Evans. And it's not like Beno is that short he's 6'3" so another 3-4 inches doesn't help on the perimiter that much as the low post.
So would you have been happy if we had traded Tyreke for Landry and kept Martin and Beno for our backcourt? Because we had that backcourt last year and we saw what happened there....oh, right, now I get it, you wanted us to draft someone else and haven't quite gotten over it, like your first teenage love or something. Got it ;)

So would you have been happy if we had traded Tyreke for Landry and kept Martin and Beno for our backcourt? Because we had that backcourt last year and we saw what happened there....oh, right, now I get it, you wanted us to draft someone else and haven't quite gotten over it, like your first teenage love or something. Got it ;)
You realize that with that backcourt, a terrible coaching staff, a team in turmoil with zero focus and a terrible Beno we are still scoring the same amount of points this year? :eek:

K

Kingsguy881

You realize that with that backcourt, a terrible coaching staff, a team in turmoil with zero focus and a terrible Beno we are still scoring the same amount of points this year? :eek:
Yeah but our backcourt now has the potential to actually GRAB 10+ rebounds between the two of them, not to mention they have actually been playing :eek: DEFENSE :eek: lately. Imagine that, it not being all about scoring. Also, imagine the point you are making, that you take away this huge prolific scoring machine and :eek: we are still scoring the same amount of points this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Are you kidding me? Nash would be nothin without the ball, shooting wouldnt do it. And Kingsguy is owning you on this topic you arent making sense and might as well just give up.

Yeah but our backcourt now has the potential to actually GRAB 10+ rebounds between the two of them, not to mention they have actually been playing :eek: DEFENSE :eek: lately. Imagine that, it not being all about scoring. Also, imagine the point you are making, that you take away this huge prolific scoring machine and :eek: we are still scoring the same amount of points this year.

You get a thumbs down homie, I nominate you for 'Worst Kings Fan Of The Year Who Actively Attends Games'. I wonder if you even cheer when Evans does well (like last night) or if you sit there like Randy Quaid in Major League 2 all grumpy like someone stole your favorite toy when you were 2.
Yes our defense is better by about 4.5ppg. Couldnt get much worse then last year. But its still at 104.7

And if you are referring to the backcourt:
Roy + Miller 28 + 15
Roy + Miller 19 + 14
Westbrook + Sefolosha 21+10
Kidd + Beaubois 17 + 22
Jack + Derozan 14 + 14

All of those points except for Roy's 19 are above the players season averages. Oh and 2 are rookies too.

My reference wasnt about removing the scorer, but that last year as bad as it was we havent improved on scoring at all this year.

I can virtually guarantee this -- only 1 other guy has ever done any of those numbers so young. That being LeBron.
Since this thread is about stats, I think it would be good to actually post Lebron's rookie stats for comparison:

Lebron:
MPG: 39.5
FG%: 0.417
3P%: 0.290
FT%: 0.754
RPG: 5.5
APG: 5.9
SPG: 1.6
BPG: 0.7
TOPG: 3.46
PPG: 20.9

Tyreke as of right now:
MPG: 37.2
FG%: 0.462
3P%:0.256
FT%:0.749
RPG: 5.1
APG: 5.6
SPG: 1.5
BPG: 0.4
TOPG:2.89
PPG: 20.3

It's remarkable how close they are, and even more impressive that Tyreke is playing fewer minutes, shoots a higher FG%, and turns the ball over less often. Also, apart from his jumpshot going MIA recently, he's getting better as the season goes on. The kid's going to be pretty good.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Edit: Thanks for fixing the second paragraph. Flushing down the memory hole as we speak...

Last edited:
It's remarkable how close they are, and even more impressive that Tyreke is playing fewer minutes, shoots a higher FG%, and turns the ball over less often. Also, apart from his jumpshot going MIA recently, he's getting better as the season goes on. The kid's going to be pretty good.
Just as we pointed out Evans is only 20 years old when comparing to elite players, remember that LBJ just came out of HS. While I enjoy the comparison, I don't think anyone can compare to LBJ rookie year.

That still shouldn't take away what Evans is going to accomplished by the end of his rookie year. Rookie MVP + (so far) ROY.

Since this thread is about stats, I think it would be good to actually post Lebron's rookie stats for comparison:

Lebron:
MPG: 39.5
FG%: 0.417
3P%: 0.290
FT%: 0.754
RPG: 5.5
APG: 5.9
SPG: 1.6
BPG: 0.7
TOPG: 3.46
PPG: 20.9

Tyreke as of right now:
MPG: 37.2
FG%: 0.462
3P%:0.256
FT%:0.749
RPG: 5.1
APG: 5.6
SPG: 1.5
BPG: 0.4
TOPG:2.89
PPG: 20.3

Wow, that's a reality check for me. I don't know why, but I kind of assumed that LeBron was well above the 20/5/5 benchmark in his rookie season, so Reke "sneaking in" to that class was less of an achievement than we might be making it out to be. I still don't know that it means anything other than that he's a good player who meant a lot to his team right away, but knowing that LeBron snuck in himself is eye-opening, at least to me.

And you're right: The kid's going to be pretty good.

You know the first paragraph was fine, but the second one has pretty much crossed the line between disagreeing and being nasty. Does it really need to degrade into that?
I'm good with Kingsguy.:D

And no I don't cheer for Evans or most of the game unless the games close in the 4th. After over 800 games attended I don't do the roller coaster of getting up or down as runs occur throughout the game.

I'm not sure what you're trying to point out S101. Could you be a little clearer?

Are you saying we suck just as bad as last year?
Not as bad, but not that much improvement as a team.

Our turnovers are better by .2 less per game. Surprisingly, opposing teams turnovers went from 14.4 last year to 13.7. So we are creating less turnovers.

Really Evans isnt the determining factor. Our success is determined more by our bigs than anything. They are the barometer of what direction the team goes each night. (no that's not a knock on Evans, he's consistant for the most part).