Tyreke Evans ROTY & 20/5/5 Watch

K

Kingsguy881

That idiot scout that said Curry is going to be the better of the two is a moron. Teams are not focused on shutting down Curry like they are with Evans. Evans has more upside than Curry, and he plays much better defense.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
That idiot scout that said Curry is going to be the better of the two is a moron. Teams are not focused on shutting down Curry like they are with Evans. Evans has more upside than Curry, and he plays much better defense.
People always fall in love with three ball chuckers (Our love affairs with Pedja and K-Mart noted). Who cares about defense when a guy can score 40 points on 30 shots in 48 minutes in a system that's designed for people to score forty points.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
http://espn.go.com/nba/notebook/_/page/Awards-100309/nba-awards-watch

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/03/09/rookie.rankings/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

They are an individual's rankings, but the only reason I bring it up is because it is the national media who votes for these things.
The nba thing eventually updated for me. I was looking at Thorpe's (who I don't trust) rookie rankings though, not the awards sections. And penned by nazi-girl herself I see (that's the chcik who got suspended a year or two ago for saying rooting for the Celtics was like rooting for Hitler).

http://espn.go.com/nba/notebook/_/page/Awards-100309/nba-awards-watch

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/03/09/rookie.rankings/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

They are an individual's rankings, but the only reason I bring it up is because it is the national media who votes for these things.
Wow, they both have Curry as the number one rookie. Shows how short some peoples memories are. Curry has been great, but not all year. Evans has been putting up his numbers all season. And I'd say Evans is a better defender.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The nba thing eventually updated for me. I was looking at Thorpe's (who I don't trust) rookie rankings though, not the awards sections. And penned by nazi-girl herself I see (that's the chcik who got suspended a year or two ago for saying rooting for the Celtics was like rooting for Hitler).
I've been sensing a bit of Anti-Kings sentiment from Thorpe for a while. It's almost like we traded his prized pupil or something.

Curry over Reke? yeah right. Just let them go one on one and see how close it is. Reke demands double teams and triple teams every night, Curry doesn't. Reke also gets the other teams BEST backcourt defender every night. Teams make their whole game plan to stop Tyreke. If Curry gets the same amount of attention from opposing teams every night, he would just get completely shut down.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I'm so sick of hearing about Stephen Curry. Everybody averages ridiculous numbers on Golden State because Don Nelson only plays 6 players and he plays them 40-48 minutes per game. Not to mention they don't play any defense so they average 107ppg despite only having 17 wins. Those stats are basketball fools gold. Brandon Jennings should get more credit than Curry I think. Yes his shooting percentages are down and he's not scoring 20ppg but his team is winning and he's a key contributor. They just beat Boston last night and they're fifth in the eastern conference. I'd put Darren Collison over Curry even in terms of impact. Look at this head-to-head comparison.

Those rankings mean almost nothing IMO. They rank whoever has had something stand out the most recently, and not over a whole season.

Tyreke has ROY locked up, and it's not even close. It will be a landslide

I was reading Warriors thread about Choosing Tyreke or Curry for rebuilding....Most of them were talking like Curry is a king and he will dominate tyreke because of his Shooting and his passing....Im like Your crazy if you take Curry over tyreke...

I was reading Warriors thread about Choosing Tyreke or Curry for rebuilding....Most of them were talking like Curry is a king and he will dominate tyreke because of his Shooting and his passing....Im like Your crazy if you take Curry over tyreke...
The voice of the Warriors that does have a vote for ROY said he's voting for Tyreke. That shold tell u all u need to know. Those people on that forum don't have a vote

Reke vs Blazers: 18 - 6 - 6

+20 (-2) pts = +18
-9 (+1) reb = -8
+25 (+1) ast = +26

Where did you get this info? On nba.com it says that the rankings are the views of one man's opinion, I'm pretty sure that's the case with espn as well.

This list has no credibility - seemingly dumb and biased. No mention whatsoever of DeJuan Blain of San Antonio? A case could be made he should be around #10, but to not even get an honorable mention is absurd.

Tyreke should win the award barring some total collapse on his part which is not likely - or voter stupidity or bias. He really jumped out to a ROY lead it in the first few months of the season, in the middle of it really got rolling, and now coasting with same great play to the end. Curry is a very nice rookie but he only came on late at about the time Jennings was fading as Reke's main competition. Bottom line is, Evans is better than all other rooks stat wise as well as defensively, making him significantly superior. Lastly, if Curry is the only one to now beat he did not make his team better this season as W's record so far is worse - unlike the Kings big turnaround behind our super rook.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Guys, that is THE list, or the most consistent list, of rookies. Can't just pooh pooh its significance now with the change. Although you can send the author a mocking e-mail as I did earlier today.

And the award is voted on by the media, so its not out of the question the guy has a vote. Its a silly decision, and Reke should still win things handily amongst the media at large, but its not something to be taken terribly lightly.

Last edited:
Brick - May I take the friendly opportunity to correct your spelling of Reek:eek: to 'Reke:) ... and while at it I'll correct my mis-key of Blain to correct Blair. (you got it - too fast for me)

Anybody read the comment on the rookie ratings from jennings? "I'm playing for something bigger. I don't even care about the Rookie of the Year," Jennings said. "Forget it. Whoever gets it, who cares? Both of their teams suck, so whoever gets it, it doesn't matter.""

haha douchebag...

Ranking is meaningless. Ask any GM and Evans goes #1.

The number that sticks out with me is the average draft position of the players on the list, 20 (Add DeJuan Blain and that number drops). Just goes to show what kind of crapshoot the draft is.

Ranking is meaningless. Ask any GM and Evans goes #1.

The number that sticks out with me is the average draft position of the players on the list, 20 (Add DeJuan Blain and that number drops). Just goes to show what kind of crapshoot the draft is.
I'm pretty sure it's the media that votes. If that's the case, then ranking is not meaningless, but actually very meaningful.

I'm pretty sure it's the media that votes. If that's the case, then ranking is not meaningless, but actually very meaningful.
No no no no no no. That dumb list was all about clicks. Don't you know that's how the internet works? Clicks=money. Nobody in their right mind would vote for anyone other than Evans. Jemele just likes to be the girl with the weird opinion.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Reke vs Blazers: 18 - 6 - 6

+20 (-2) pts = +18
-9 (+1) reb = -8
+25 (+1) ast = +26

Where did you get this info? On nba.com it says that the rankings are the views of one man's opinion, I'm pretty sure that's the case with espn as well.
Reke's 10 boards certainly helps the tally now.

I really hope those lists by ESPN and NBA.com are for the controversy because it isn't even close. No one can predict who is going to have the better career, although I think Reke has the tools to be best, but it is without doubt that Tyreke Evans has had the best rookie season. I don't care if Curry is putting up huge numbers for 2 or 3 months, Tyreke has been doing it all season not to mention he's easily the best defender of the class. How many superstar PG's have we seen "go off" on Tyreke? I can't remember any... and its no coincidence.

As for Brandon Jennings comment... he's an idiot. Even if he was the best player in the draft I still wouldn't want his pompous *** on the Kings. There is a line between being confident and being a jerk and he crossed it. We will see how he feels in a few years when its still just him, a 35 year old Salmons, and a already primed Bogut tearing up the eastern conference with mediocre 5-8 seed playoff berths, all the while the Kings are gearing up for championship runs.

Reke vs Raptors: 19 - 10 - 10

+18 (-1) = +17 pts
-8 (+5) = -3 reb
+26 (+5) = +31 ast
that's what I wanna see. get those boards..it almost looked like the others were letting him get his tonight. except at one point Donte ripped one away from him. lol. Of course I only notice because I want 20/5/5...