Tyreke Evans ROTY & 20/5/5 Watch

An easy way to keep track of that BTW is simply to take the totals. Meaning right now:

Reke has played in 54 games

For 20ppg its 20x54 = 1080
For 5reb/ast its 5x54= 270

Reke has:

1100pts (+20 more than he needs)
262rebs (-8 fewer than he needs)
292ast (+22 more than he needs)

So every game you can just take the points/rebs/ast he tallies above or below 20/5/5 and add or subtract it from those +20/-8/+22 margin.

In other words if he has another game like last night where he score 22 (+2) grabs 5rebs (+0) and dishes 3 ast (-2) then after that game he would be at

+20 +2 = +22pts
-8 +0 = -8rebs
+22 -2 = +20ast

and so on. As long as at the end of the year all the totals are at least +0, we have a 20/5/5 winner. What Reek really needs is just one big rebounding game. Grab 11 (+6) in one game or something, and he'd be right there.

Actually that came out as a complex description, but the idea/process really is simplictiy itself. Just addition and subtraction.
nice :)

An easy way to keep track of that BTW is simply to take the totals. Meaning right now:

Reke has played in 54 games

For 20ppg its 20x54 = 1080
For 5reb/ast its 5x54= 270

Reke has:

1100pts (+20 more than he needs)
262rebs (-8 fewer than he needs)
292ast (+22 more than he needs)

So every game you can just take the points/rebs/ast he tallies above or below 20/5/5 and add or subtract it from those +20/-8/+22 margin.

In other words if he has another game like last night where he score 22 (+2) grabs 5rebs (+0) and dishes 3 ast (-2) then after that game he would be at

+20 +2 = +22pts
-8 +0 = -8rebs
+22 -2 = +20ast

and so on. As long as at the end of the year all the totals are at least +0, we have a 20/5/5 winner. What Reek really needs is just one big rebounding game. Grab 11 (+6) in one game or something, and he'd be right there.

Actually that came out as a complex description, but the idea/process really is simplictiy itself. Just addition and subtraction.
Yeah, pretty much what I've done here. Not too difficult and gives everybody an idea of what's needed. Feel free to chip in after a few games if I don't get the time.

am missing something or is this thread just about the same as this thread http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36368 ???:confused:
Didn't see that, and not exactly the same thing. People can look at this thread and find out quickly what Reke needs to do. No biggie, just people might be interested.

count me in for the interest list :)
No problem.

Sounds good to me.
You do the math and I'll just sit back and enjoy the games. ;)
Don't get to see many games in their entirety, so this is a good way to keep me involved. Not that I'd ever lose interest, anyway.

Didn't see that, and not exactly the same thing. People can look at this thread and find out quickly what Reke needs to do. No biggie, just people might be interested.
If you actually read the thread, you could see I said exactly what Reke needs to do. I PMed a mod hoping to get this thread merged with mine and instead get mine closed. Hopefully they clear that up and leave the right thread open. :rolleyes:

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
If you actually read the thread, you could see I said exactly what Reke needs to do. I PMed a mod hoping to get this thread merged with mine and instead get mine closed. Hopefully they clear that up and leave the right thread open. :rolleyes:
Let's not get into super grudge mode here.

They both cover the same thing. If you have something you want to add on the subject then just put it here. No need to pop the balloons at the party.

Anyways back on topic, I think that the milestone is easily in Reke's reach (though almost anything is since he has a gargantuan wingspan).

Let's not get into super grudge mode here.

They both cover the same thing. If you have something you want to add on the subject then just put it here. No need to pop the balloons at the party.

Anyways back on topic, I think that the milestone is easily in Reke's reach (though almost anything is since he has a gargantuan wingspan).
It sucks that a person took the time to check the stats and put a post together and then someone does the same exact thing and the original person's thread gets closed. Anyways, my thread opened and the other thread got merged with this, which was the fair thing to do.

And yeah, as long as Reke gets a few games with 7-8 rebounds and averages 5 the rest of the way, he'll be able to bring up his rebound average. As far as the points and assists go, he's just got to keep up what he's doing.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It sucks that a person took the time to check the stats and put a post together and then someone does the same exact thing and the original person's thread gets closed. Anyways, my thread opened and the other thread got merged with this, which was the fair thing to do.

And yeah, as long as Reke gets a few games with 7-8 rebounds and averages 5 the rest of the way, he'll be able to bring up his rebound average. As far as the points and assists go, he's just got to keep up what he's doing.
I apologize. I erred in closing your thread and should have taken the time to merge the two. Thankfully another mod saw the error and corrected it.

Again, my apologies.

:eek:

I apologize. I erred in closing your thread and should have taken the time to merge the two. Thankfully another mod saw the error and corrected it.

Again, my apologies.

:eek:
No worries.

I wanted to which mod acted the fastest here, so I sent a PM to Superman and Warhawk to fix it. Would've sent one to Brick too, but his inbox was full. So who merged them and won the race? :p

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Collison and Jerebko(!) named rookies of the month.

Was a helluva competitive month out West for that honor:

Collison
41.7min 21.6pts (.496 FG% .378 3pt% .827 FT%) 3.9reb 8.3ast 1.8stl 0.1blk 4.8TO

Evans
37.8min 20.1pts (.506 FG% .294 3pt% .627 FT%) 5.8reb 7.0ast 1.4stl 0.3blk 3.1TO

Curry
39.4min 21.5pts (.467 FG% .347 3pt% .902 FT%) 5.3reb 7.3ast 1.6stl 0.1blk 3.8TO

Reke's minutes are nothing compared to what Curry and Collison are currently getting.

Reke:

40+ minute games: 4

Curry:

40+ minute games: 7

Collison:

40+ minute games: 11

Reke does have a few 38-39 games and Curry's got a couple, but I'm trying to prove a point. :p Curry has logged the most minutes this season out of the three with 2,055, Reke with 2,002, and Collison with 1,254.

If Reke could get 40-41 minutes a game, he could be well above the 20/5/5. So if he doesn't get the 20/5/5, I'm blaming PW. Seriously.

reke will win the award for sure... if the kings win 10 more games thats like 13 games better than last year a great stride for the team... and we were much better with out martin :D plus reke doesnt stat pad like curry does now a days

Relax - it was an honest mistake. Don't be so paranoid! :p

I'll keep updating what he needs to do (which was my only point). Kudos to you for posting it first. Would have saved me the trouble if I'd seen it.

I think Reke will still win the ROTY, he's been consistently the best of all the rookies all year. While Jennings was surging, Reke was putting up the same quiet games. What you gotta love about Reke as the season has gone on the points have stayed the same, rebounds as well but the assists are picking up greatly.

Collision and Curry are having great years but neither are doing what Reke is doing. He's sustaining while all these guys are dropping off or popping up.

Reke's stats as of 3/2/2010:

1127 points
268 rebounds
297 assists

22 games left and he needs:

413 points
117 rebounds
88 assists

He needs to average a 18.8 points, 5.3 rebounds, and 4 assists the rest of the way.

Bricklayer

Reke's stats as of 3/2/2010:

1127 points
268 rebounds
297 assists

22 games left and he needs:

413 points
117 rebounds
88 assists

He needs to average a 18.8 points, 5.3 rebounds, and 4 assists the rest of the way.
If you're going to be working the tally you seriously might want to consider the +/- numbers I suggested before, if for no other reason that those are immune to any games missed because of injury. Reke only needs 413 pts etc. if he plays in every remaining game. But he is +29 (or whatever) in points over what he needs regardless of how many games are left.

If you're going to be working the tally you seriously might want to consider the +/- numbers I suggested before, if for no other reason that those are immune to any games missed because of injury. Reke only needs 413 pts etc. if he plays in every remaining game. But he is +29 (or whatever) in points over what he needs regardless of how many games are left.
+20 (+7) = +27
-8 (+1) = -7
+20 (+0) = +20

I'll use both methods to keep track. This way shows how far ahead or behind he is, my way shows how many points, rebounds, assists he actually needs to accumulate the rest of the game. I throw what he needs to average the rest of the way for kicks.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
+20 (+7) = +27
-8 (+1) = -7
+20 (+0) = +20

I'll use both methods to keep track. This way shows how far ahead or behind he is, my way shows how many points, rebounds, assists he actually needs to accumulate the rest of the game. I throw what he needs to average the rest of the way for kicks.
Except that he doesn't actually have to play all the rest of the games to average 20/5/5.

Bricklayer

Yeah, the way I understand it, if he averages 5.4/game for the rest of the way, he's got it. Maybe I missed something, but it seems like this is getting incredibly complicated.

Its really not.

+27 pts
-7 reb
+20 ast

All that needs to be remembered. After every game, add or subtract his numbers above or below the 20pts 5reb 5ast marks. As long as everything is at +0 or better by the end of his season, its all good.

The problem with saying "he needs to average 5.4reb" or whatever is that's only if he plays in every game. If he missed a game or two, that numebr changes. If he sprains an ankle and missed 5 games, he might need to average 5.7. But the +/- numebrs are absolute. If he gets to +0 or better in all three categories, he's done it, no matter how many or how few games he plays from here on out. If he grabs 12 rebounds tonight(+7), then even if he takes the rest of the season off he will have his 20-5-5.

Its really not.

+27 pts
-7 reb
+20 ast

All that needs to be remembered. After every game, add or subtract his numbers above or below the 20pts 5reb 5ast marks. As long as everything is at +0 or better by the end of his season, its all good.

The problem with saying "he needs to average 5.4reb" or whatever is that's only if he plays in every game. If he missed a game or two, that numebr changes. If he sprains an ankle and missed 5 games, he might need to average 5.7. But the +/- numebrs are absolute. If he gets to +0 or better in all three categories, he's done it, no matter how many or how few games he plays from here on out. If he grabs 12 rebounds tonight(+7), then even if he takes the rest of the season off he will have his 20-5-5.
Ah. "I see," said the blind man.

Yeah, I was confused with what Brick was saying until Slim chimed in. :p

All Reke needs is hit the glass more and rebound. He needs like a big rebounding game and he's right there.