Martin for Josh Howard?

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallasmavericks/post/_/id/4665036/mavs-register-interest-in-kings-martin

The Sacramento Kings continue to insist that Kevin Martin is not going to be made available to interested teams before the Feb. 18 trading deadline.

The Mavericks, according to NBA front-office sources, continue to tell the Kings that they want a call back if that stance changes.

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that Dallas -- reluctant until recently to make Josh Howard available in trade discussions -- is prepared to part with the struggling former All-Star swingman in a deal for Martin.

Oh god no!!!!!! That's what we need, an injury-proned ex allstar. I understand Martin isn't very tough physically but he is still younger. We could better than Howard in a trade! :rolleyes:

Man, these rumors kind of suck huh?

No way I want Howard. Is he a good player? yea. Is he what we need or want? no.

Another small forward is not what this team should be looking for. Especially one that old. Only way I make a deal with the Mavs is if it lands us Beaubois

Man, these rumors kind of suck huh?

No way I want Howard. Is he a good player? yea. Is he what we need or want? no.

Another small forward is not what this team should be looking for. Especially one that old. Only way I make a deal with the Mavs is if it lands us Beaubois
Lands Beaubois, dumps Nocioni, and then if we can flip Howard to another team for a better fit for us. Howard doesn't fit us, but he'd be a heck of a piece to a contender that needed a good 2-way SF. Maybe that's the guy we send to Memphis for Thabeet.

So you end up with Thabeet, Rodrigue, and dump Noc.

Nocioni to the Mavs actually makes sense. He's a good fit for them.

This works! Tell me what you think too based on recent rumors 3 Team SAC: trades Kevin Martin, Andres Nocioni, Jason Thompson SAC recieves: : Al Jefferson, Drew Gooden (waived), JJ Barea ,Minnesota 2010 1st rd pick DAL trades : Josh Howard. Drew Gooden, JJ Barea Dal recieves; Kevin Martin, Andres Nocioni MIN trades; Al Jefferson,2010 1st rd pick MIN receives; Josh Howard, Jason Thompson

I Like it and works for all 3 teams value wise

I saw this:

Dallas trades Josh Howard, J.J. Barea, and Shawne Williams

Sacramento trades Kevin Martin, Beno Udrih

Why the **** would we do this?????????

Martin has more value than that clown Howard and Beno is way better than those two other scrubs. Not to mention we need another small forward like we need a hole in the head. Get lost Dallas.

Dallas has nothing that we want or need... Of the teams that have expressed an interest in Martin... Minn. Toronto Dallas Cleveland Phoenix and I believe Houston... Minn. and Toronto are the only teams we should be talking to.. Phoenix has Stoudemire, but I don't think he is the best fit...

Jefferson or Bosh ... Bosh will be a contract nightmare after this season and has more of a offensive game than defensive... ( definitely the better player ) but I like Jefferson as a better fit for the Kings.. He is already under contract for 3 more years and probably at a lot less than what Bosh is going to get..

Martin and JT/Hawes for Jefferson

Martin - JT/Hawes - Nocioni for Bosh

Geez, I would hope that trading K-Mart would garner more quality than Josh "smoke 'em if you got 'em...and I have 'em!" Howard. :rolleyes:

We don't need another guy who is trying to resurrect his career in Sac.

Uhh... Shawne Williams was traded to the Nets already. Unless you meant Sean Williams. Who was cut. So yeah, I'm pretty sure that trade isn't going to happen.

SacBee.com is abuzz with this Dallas trade story. No way I want a pot-head like Josh Howard instead of K-Mart. Howard is a good player but he's also injured a lot - like K-Mart. Now, if Dallas wants to throw Dirk into that trade...;)

hahahaha! this isn't even a trade rumor. the article itself says that the kings have NOT made kevin martin available, and that the mavericks have become willing to part with josh howard. the mavericks are interested, but that doesn't mean much...

when did two plus two become five?!

;)

L

Lafayette

available to interested teams before the Feb. 18 trading deadline. The Mavericks, according to NBA front-office sources, continue to tell the Kings that they want a call back if that stance changes. ESPN.com

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that Dallas -- reluctant until recently to make Josh Howard available in trade discussions -- is prepared to part with the struggling former All-Star swingman in a deal for Martin. The Kings, though, have been telling teams that they are not ready to field offers for Martin, determined to give his fledging backcourt partnership with hot-shot rookie Tyreke Evans an extended period of evaluation. ESPN.com

One hypothetical trade scenario could see Dallas offer Howard, Drew Gooden, J.J. Barea and cash to the Kings for Martin and Nocioni. That, however, is a lot of long-term salary for the Mavs to add. It's also not known if a combination of payroll relief, Barea and the opportunity to resurrect Howard's career would ultimately be enough to satisfy Sacramento even if Dallas was willing to take on Nocioni as well. ESPN.com

It's believed that the Mavericks could also join the bidding for Philadelphia's Andre Iguodala and Washington's Caron Butler by putting Howard and his cap-friendly contract (next season's $11.8 million salary is a team option) on the table. ESPN.com

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtml#ixzz0dNF3K9CF

available to interested teams before the Feb. 18 trading deadline. The Mavericks, according to NBA front-office sources, continue to tell the Kings that they want a call back if that stance changes. ESPN.com

Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that Dallas -- reluctant until recently to make Josh Howard available in trade discussions -- is prepared to part with the struggling former All-Star swingman in a deal for Martin. The Kings, though, have been telling teams that they are not ready to field offers for Martin, determined to give his fledging backcourt partnership with hot-shot rookie Tyreke Evans an extended period of evaluation. ESPN.com

One hypothetical trade scenario could see Dallas offer Howard, Drew Gooden, J.J. Barea and cash to the Kings for Martin and Nocioni. That, however, is a lot of long-term salary for the Mavs to add. It's also not known if a combination of payroll relief, Barea and the opportunity to resurrect Howard's career would ultimately be enough to satisfy Sacramento even if Dallas was willing to take on Nocioni as well. ESPN.com

It's believed that the Mavericks could also join the bidding for Philadelphia's Andre Iguodala and Washington's Caron Butler by putting Howard and his cap-friendly contract (next season's $11.8 million salary is a team option) on the table. ESPN.com

Howard + a pick for Butler is very fair

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I think your quote misses the extremely important first part of that sentence:

The Sacramento Kings continue to insist that Kevin Martin is not going to be made
By starting with the word "available" it makes it sound as if Martin is. He's not.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
This obviously would get us nowhere. There is a value to getting Kevin the hell out of the way of our kids, but bringing in older players of the same general talent level who play the same positions negates that.