Kings @ Warriors Game Thread

WTF moment of the game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
**** this!

Two 24 second TOs in the 4th quarter against the worst defensive team in the game?!

Way to blow an 18 point lead to the ****ing Warriors. ****ing clowns.

Jason Thompson is not our future PF. He is ****ing garbage!

The players are not passing to Casspi. He only took a few shots the whole game. Tyreke is selfish and irresponsible - turnovers and fancy dribbling. Thompson plays with low basketball IQ - silly fouls, missed shots from point blank. Udrih played selfishly at many stages of the game.

Give Tyreke time. All of the star players in the league had there times as rookies where they wanted to take over the game in the final minutes. I am more concerned with the spacing. If Tyreke is isolated by himself, do not drag your man over to him either. I know he is being doubled a lot but there are to many times still at the halfway point that the spacing is horrible.

I am not concerned though...This is what I expect from this team. I just cannot wait until Kevin and Cisco come back. At least we will have legitimate threats from the outside that other teams are going to have to worry about. Right now, I will double all day if it means that Udoka or Noc is taking the three. Kevin and Cisco, no team is going to leave Kevin out there taking open jumpers.

The players are not passing to Casspi. He only took a few shots the whole game. Tyreke is selfish and irresponsible - turnovers and fancy dribbling. Thompson plays with low basketball IQ - silly fouls, missed shots from point blank. Udrih played selfishly at many stages of the game.

Dude he was like 1-10. He kept chucking stupid 3s just like the rest of the idiots we had playing for us. The only guy who has a legitimate gripe here is Spencer, because we took him out when he was playing well and went with smallball.

Tyerke had 6 assists. If Omri had been on his game tonight, Evans might have had more. Omri, however, had a bad shooting night. He'll be better next time.

tyreke is becoming very predictable, we need to run different offensive sets for him. NOT just Isolate him everytime on the baseline.

Why did brockman not play again?? he was very effective clogging the lane and hustlin out there. Coach W gets an F tonight.

JT drives me nuts. he makes so many bad plays. then he'll make a cuple good ones. he sooo inconsistent.

my god this is a depressing loss. wheres my pipe?

Last edited:
for the first time this year i blame Westphal........Brockman dominated inside when he was in how the hell does he not play in the fourth????????????? Tyreke played well in my opinion just tried to do too much. By far the worst loss of the season......................................

Jeez, if it took 1 or 2 games to "learn how to win", wouldn't every team in the league win every game?

Come on, it can take 1-2 YEARS to learn this stuff and it can only be done as a team. Experience together in all kinds of situations.
Like you said in one of your post...its the Warriors. Kings should have won. I can understand if its the Suns, Lakers or Mavs.

Two 24 second TOs in the 4th quarter against the worst defensive team in the game?!

Way to blow an 18 point lead to the ****ing Warriors. ****ing clowns.

Jason Thompson is not our future PF. He is ****ing garbage!
Wow.....Wow. Way to sum it up. Obviously you believe this team should win a title. Never mind they need to grow up a bit. You forgot to add that we should get rid of Casspi since he had a horrible game.

Wow that was just sooo disappointing. I thot we finally had a win to break our streak but I guess i was wrong. I am really starting to lose faith in this team... :( Pls kings win tommorows game and prove me wrong.

Are you kidding? Beno didn't play selfishly at all. And Casspi was not on his game tonight.

You don't know how many times I was yelling for a timeout in the last 5 minutes. All I seen was coach W's blank face.

Yeah he choked the game away. Horrible decision after horrible decision and no timeout, dude what the hell are you saving them for the game against the nuggets? He does know that time outs don't carry over right? He lost us the game period.

Like you said in one of your post...its the Warriors. Kings should have won. I can understand if its the Suns, Lakers or Mavs.
Yes, we should have won this game. But we didn't. Therefore, that can also be a learning experience. How to beat the teams you should beat. Don't get cocky. Don't let up. Even awful teams can drive to the hoop and get pity calls and make free throws. Keep your head and value the ball.

At this stage, brockman is just a better player than thompson. Higher basketball IQ despite being less athletic and long.
JT's issue is that his biggest enemy is himself. It's all in his head. The second that one call goes against him, he's done. Everything takes a landslide. Mentally, he is not there yet.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It's often the worst teams that will give a young team the most trouble. And Don Nelson-coached teams have always given us fits, whether we've been good, bad or in between...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yes, we should have won this game. But we didn't. Therefore, that can also be a learning experience. How to beat the teams you should beat. Don't get cocky. Don't let up. Even awful teams can drive to the hoop and get pity calls and make free throws. Keep your head and value the ball.
Yep. The Kings - especially a couple of players - acted as though they had already won and they quit playing team ball.

It's often the worst teams that will give a young team the most trouble. And Don Nelson-coached teams have always given us fits, whether we've been good, bad or in between...
I'm wondering if some of these fans don't remember back in 99-102 when we were not necessarily "young" but "new" and had to learn how to win together as a team.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
JT's issue is that his biggest enemy is himself. It's all in his head. The second that one call goes against him, he's done. Everything takes a landslide. Mentally, he is not there yet.
Thank you. I've been trying to find those words to explain what I see as JT's biggest problem...

I'm not making any excuses, but there were foul calls and non-foul calls that changed the momentum of the game. Once I seen who the officials were, I knew it was going to be this type of game. The master of momentum changing was at work once again.

I guess what the folks in Israel are saying is true: Tyreke is very selfish. I don't remember one pass to Omri when he runs the break with him. Tyreke always try to finish. Rather shoot free throws than have a teammate make an easy two.

I'm sure someone will show up and tell me that what I'm seeing in those fast breaks when people run on the sides but Tyreke insists on finishing himself even if his lay up is contested, is my vivid imagination.

I can't believe some of what I'm hearing! Uh, YOUNG TEAM MUCH!?!?
IMO that excuse doesn't fly when you're up by 18 and you go away from what's working and stop playing hard. When you have opportunity to win close game after close game and you choke away like every single one of them you can't say you're just a young team, it means that you're not trying as hard or you're taking plays off or the coahc isn't making good enough calls in the fourth quarter. None of those are problems for young teams. This team got caught up in their own hype and now they're not doing anything they were doing that was winning them games.

Thompson is Thompson. :rolleyes:
Hawes did his thing (minus the boards).
Yea, I missed Brock in the 2nd 1/2.

'Reke was on his way to a great game...

...turnovers, turnovers, turnovers

GS or not, U don't pull out W's on the road turning over the ball like that in the 4th Q.

Thank you. I've been trying to find those words to explain what I see as JT's biggest problem...
No problem...glad to always be of service. It's frustrating to see from a player who has so much potential, but he let's his mind games take control and affect his whole game.

Status
Not open for further replies.