Kings @ Warriors Game Thread

WTF moment of the game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am starting to get suspicious...

During the shootaround when Peaches and Jerry were talking I saw our good friend DICK Bavetta and I turned to my wife and said, "We just lost!" I explained to her why and she said I was crazy. She was even laughing at me when the Kings were up by 18. Then the game shifted in the Warriors favor totally. By the time the game was over my wife said next time she will believe me. The Kings dont win games DICK officiates. It's like bad luck only worse :mad: Just the most amazing coincidence.... Wish there was a way to find out who is officiating where so I can keep from wasting my time rooting for the Kings when the outcome is determined in the pre game warmup when the officials come out on the floor. If DICK is officiating a Kings game, I'd go to Reno and bet the house on the Kings to lose. Giving us the screw since 2002....

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm wondering if some of these fans don't remember back in 99-102 when we were not necessarily "young" but "new" and had to learn how to win together as a team.
I don't know about all of them, but I know some of our members weren't even Kings fans back then. They only "heard the call" when the guys were already starting to put it together... so they weren't here to experience the initial growing pains the first time around.

I do understand the frustration right now, because we've seen glimpses of just how good this team will be once they really learn how to play 48 minutes without brain farts. Right now, though, they're still learning... and they do learn from every single one of these losses.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
How many times do you ask yourself this?????? I mean its 42 games into the season.

And thus also 42 games into their careers for 2 of our starters.

This was a bad loss, but assuming that the playoffs are not a realistic possibility without Geoff sending for some major reinforcements, it will be what we do or do not learn from it that matters.

I don't know about all of them, but I know some of our members weren't even Kings fans back then. They only "heard the call" when the guys were already starting to put it together... so they weren't here to experience the initial growing pains the first time around.

I do understand the frustration right now, because we've seen glimpses of just how good this team will be once they really learn how to play 48 minutes without brain farts. Right now, though, they're still learning... and they do learn from every single one of these losses.
I'm frustrated as well. But I don't get how people can expect a new and a young team to play a few games and have it all click. They might just check out the history of championship teams in the NBA and see how long most of those teams have played together before winning anything.

I guess what the folks in Israel are saying is true: Tyreke is very selfish. I don't remember one pass to Omri when he runs the break with him. Tyreke always try to finish. Rather shoot free throws than have a teammate make an easy two.

I'm sure someone will show up and tell me that what I'm seeing in those fast breaks when people run on the sides but Tyreke insists on finishing himself even if his lay up is contested, is my vivid imagination.
You're right. That assist to Jason on the break was just mirage. Oh wait, it wasnt Casspi. Thats right, he was 1 for 8 tonight, but pleeeeaaassseee get him the ball more.

I guess what the folks in Israel are saying is true: Tyreke is very selfish. I don't remember one pass to Omri when he runs the break with him. Tyreke always try to finish. Rather shoot free throws than have a teammate make an easy two.

I'm sure someone will show up and tell me that what I'm seeing in those fast breaks when people run on the sides but Tyreke insists on finishing himself even if his lay up is contested, is my vivid imagination.
Cough* Pass to Beno on a break today. Cough* I've seen other plays throughout the year where Tyreke makes the right decision on a fast break. Quite frankly, that is the least of my worries of Tyreke's game. I don't remember one time when Omri was running the break with Tyreke. I also remember seeing more then a few times when Tyreke kicked it out to Omri for open jumpers. I love Omri as much as I love Tyreke. The fact of the matter is, Omri had a bad game. All players have them. He was due, after the amazing two weeks he just had. He will be back tomorrow in our win against Denver.

I'm frustrated as well. But I don't get how people can expect a new and a young team to play a few games and have it all click. They might just check out the history of championship teams in the NBA and see how long most of those teams have played together before winning anything.
Here we go again with the excuses. How long are you going to continue to let this team off the hook for playing so poorly?

I'm sure some will show up and tell me that what I'm seeing in those fast breaks when people run on the sides but Tyreke insists on finishing himself even if his lay up is contested, is my vivid imagination.
Yep i love reke but he is pretty selfish on the fast breaks. I saw Casspi open on the wing more then 5 times this game and reke didnt hit him with a pass. I dont know if its rekes selfish or if he dosent see his teammates or if he dosent trust them.. but what i do know is adjustments need to be made.

Tonight just showed why they are rookies. Tyreke may look like a full grown man but really he is still a kid and hes going to have off nights.
And its pretty rare when you can say a guy had an off night and he put up 25 pts 6 asts on good shooting.

But yah find Omri on the wings more. I think we will focus more on finding wing players when Martin returns. Hes a proven vet scorer there.

During the shootaround when Peaches and Jerry were talking I saw our good friend DICK Bavetta and I turned to my wife and said, "We just lost!" I explained to her why and she said I was crazy. She was even laughing at me when the Kings were up by 18. Then the game shifted in the Warriors favor totally. By the time the game was over my wife said next time she will believe me. The Kings dont win games DICK officiates. It's like bad luck only worse :mad: Just the most amazing coincidence.... Wish there was a way to find out who is officiating where so I can keep from wasting my time rooting for the Kings when the outcome is determined in the pre game warmup when the officials come out on the floor. If DICK is officiating a Kings game, I'd go to Reno and bet the house on the Kings to lose. Giving us the screw since 2002....
Read my post, just one before your's. I said the same exact thing.

Yep i love reke but he is pretty selfish on the fast breaks. I saw Casspi open on the wing more then 5 times this game and reke didnt hit him with a pass. I dont know if its rekes selfish or if he dosent see them or if he dosent trust them.. but what i do know is adjustments need to be made.

Tonight just showed why they are rookies. Tyreke may look like a full grown man but really he is still a kid and hes going to have off nights.
And its pretty rare when you can say a guy had an off night and he put up 25 pts 6 asts on good shooting.

But yah find Omri on the wings more. I think we will focus more on finding wing players when Martin returns. Hes a proven vet scorer there.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I can guarantee that, the offense will flow so much better once we have K-Mart enter the starting lineup some time soon.

No, I don't get your point at all. In fact, I disagree 100% with your point. But you're entitled to your opinion anyway.
By the way, its 35 games, I counted. And you don't need to get my point because I really don't want to defend my point. And you are also entitled to your opinion.

Bricklayer

Here we go again with the excuses. How long are you going to continue to let this team off the hook for playing so poorly?

Probably I am thinking for longer than 2 months into the season for a team this young. There is no magic pill for youth. Just have to take your lumps and learn along the way.

Probably I am thinking for longer than 2 months into the season for a team this young. There is no magic pill for youth. Just have to take your lumps and learn along the way.
Youth didn't cause this loss. A complete failure to leverage any of the "learning experiences" so many here have labeled recent losses is to blame. Westphal has also been working extra hard to reverse the praise he earned earlier this year. This team is imploding and the failures are beginning to snowball.

Are you kidding? Beno didn't play selfishly at all. And Casspi was not on his game tonight.
I don't know if it selfishness or what but the ball was not moving. All I see is Beno dribbling and spinning.He lost the shot clock and had other TOs and bad plays.

Omri's shot was off. But he took only 8 shots. And he played defense and grabbed some boards. For the life of me I don't understand why noc can go 3-11(0-5 for 3) Thompson (5-14), but Omri takes only 8 shots on a team when everyone is just chucking shots.

I am also waiting for the day when coach starts throwing out the same starting five. Definitely when Martin comes back. This team needs to build cohesion with the players they are going to be on the floor with the majority of the time.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Ridiculous. Championship or bust! (Insert angry rant here about people making excuses for a team that sucks. Blah blah blah. Fire Petrie. blah blah blah blah Tyreke iz a lozer shouldve picked voldemort whine whine grumble grumble Casspi needs the ball more despite the fact hs shot was horribly off. JT sucks we suck. fire Westphal blah blah blah empty tears)

That's just about every new fan's reaction in a nutshell. People, things take time. LeBron's Cavs took some time to develop. Same with Wade's Heat. Before our glory days were the countless days of J-Will trying to decapitate Vlade with crazy passes and general failure. The sky is not falling and things will get better.

Bricklayer

I don't know if it selfishness or what but the ball was not moving. All I see is Beno dribbling and spinning.He lost the shot clock and had other TOs and bad plays.

Omri's shot was off. But he took only 8 shots. And he played defense and grabbed some boards. For the life of me I don't understand why noc can go 3-11(0-5 for 3) Thompson (5-14), but Omri takes only 8 shots on a team when everyone is just chucking shots.

I'm sure the 1-8 shooting was a real confidence builder for our sideline to sya "let's get that guy more shots!"

Noc is both gunning and the classic Nellie trap -- he tricks you into smallballing with a combo forward, into playing his game, and then he's got you.

Thomspon however is the starting PF, is playing pick and roll, and has numerous tips on the offensive glass. 14 shots is hardly out of line for such a beast.

Last edited:
Youth didn't cause this loss. A complete failure to leverage any of the "learning experiences" so many here have labeled recent losses is to blame. Westphal has also been working extra hard to reverse the praise he earned earlier this year. This team is imploding and the failures are beginning to snowball.
o be honest the kings did over achieve at the beginning of the year and i now finding them selves where they should be probably a 30-35 game winner. Westphal is an amazing coach and he like all coaches and players make mistakes. Do I blame him for tonights loss? Yes but that doesnt maek him a bad coach. At the end of the night I still wouldnt trade this team for anything. IN my opinion in 2-3 years the Kings wont only be a Contender but will be on the verge of a DYNASTY

Ridiculous. Championship or bust! (Insert angry rant here about people making excuses for a team that sucks. Blah blah blah. Fire Petrie. blah blah blah blah Tyreke iz a lozer shouldve picked voldemort whine whine grumble grumble Casspi needs the ball more despite the fact hs shot was horribly off. JT sucks we suck. fire Westphal blah blah blah empty tears)

That's just about every new fan's reaction in a nutshell. People, things take time. LeBron's Cavs took some time to develop. Same with Wade's Heat. Before our glory days were the countless days of J-Will trying to decapitate Vlade with crazy passes and general failure. The sky is not falling and things will get better.
A sensible post! Thank you.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

So you're complaining about people chucking up shots so that Omri has a better opportunity to chuck up shots?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

I wish YouTube had been around then. Some of J-Will's more errant passes should have been recorded for the ages. I was at a game when one of his pull-up-at-center-court-and-heave-at-the-third-row bullet passes nearly knocked one of the fans out cold.

Some people just express their anger and disappointment differently than others. We need to have a soundproof, isolated room (thread) where us screamers and wall smashers can go and vent without violating the "they are young and learning" sensibilities of others. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.