Kings’ Tyreke Evans Named Western Conference Rookie Of The Month For October/november

As far as this hijack is concerned, if you didn't want Evans here, you should get to still not want Evans here, without being harassed by the proverbial lynch mob. By the same token, it shows a particular lack of understanding of this message board's culture and/or just poor etiquette to come into a praise/rally thread and pee on everyone else's parade.
Both points that you make here are very valid. First, I very much agree with AriesMar that the statistic cited was just random as hell and in a way inherently misleading (as the gap between his numbers and LeBron's is massive). Yet I also agree that in a thread dedicated to Tyreke's accomplishments, talking about how flawed the statistic used was or how he compares to LeBron is unnecessary and off topic. After all, Tyreke didn't write the article.

Regardless, as we are all Kings fans, the key conclusion is this: if this first month is any indication of what is to come, this kid will be a damn good player for this team irrespective of how he compares to Jennings, LeBron, or anyone else.

Tyreke at 20
19pts/5rebs/4.8ast

Kobe at 20
19.9pts/5.3 rebs/3.8ast

Wade at 22(rookie)
16.2pts/4.1rebs/4.5ast

Lebron as rookie
21pts/5.5rebs/5.9ast

Deron Williams at 21
10.8pts/2.4rebs/4.5ast

Chris Paul at 20
16.1pts/5.1rebs/7.8ast

Derrick Rose at 20
16.8pts/3.9rebs/6.3ast

Whether or not you want to discount what Tyreke has done and how much stock you want to put on statistical comparisons is up to you guys. But, Tyreke's stats at 20 are on par or surpass the majority of the top 10 players in the nba today.
Problem with just using those stats is you leave a lot of factors out. Also, the at 20 does gave some merrit for rookies of the same age, I think Kobe being in his 3rd year skews it.

So once again PER.

Tyreke

Wade at 22(rookie)

Lebron as rookie
18.3 (lowest since is 24.56 in 06/07)

Deron Williams at 21

Chris Paul at 20

Derrick Rose at 20

K

Kingsguy881

Problem with just using those stats is you leave a lot of factors out. Also, the at 20 does gave some merrit for rookies of the same age, I think Kobe being in his 3rd year skews it.

So once again PER.

Tyreke

Wade at 22(rookie)

Lebron as rookie

Deron Williams at 21

Chris Paul at 20

Derrick Rose at 20
Glad I read through it. I was going to refute your earlier post about per seeing as how you didn't compare it to anyone who was of relevance, save for Jennings and you really didn't compare them numbers wise anyway.

At any rate Tyreke is right in the middle of everyone you listed. Good ****. Dudes a baller and will only get better.

Glad I read through it. I was going to refute your earlier post about per seeing as how you didn't compare it to anyone who was of relevance, save for Jennings and you really didn't compare them numbers wise anyway.

At any rate Tyreke is right in the middle of everyone you listed. Good ****. Dudes a baller and will only get better.
Yes he is playing well, but so is the rest of the team which should be getting more of the credit. JT leads the team in per (not counting martins 5 games or sergio's limited time), Donte, Beno then Evans.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Congrats Reke!

But seriously, who didnt see this coming?

Kid is a monster. And once he gets his shot down (which I think will happen since he's working with Coachie) he's going to be feared by backcourts around the league.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer

So once again PER.

Tyreke

Wade at 22(rookie)

Lebron as rookie

Deron Williams at 21

Chris Paul at 20

Derrick Rose at 20
Thats true. I put those stats up only because it was relevant to the conversation-everyone was argueing stats. But yes, stats only tell part of the story, and PER can be usefull to.

K

Kingsguy881

Yes he is playing well, but so is the rest of the team which should be getting more of the credit. JT leads the team in per (not counting martins 5 games or sergio's limited time), Donte, Beno then Evans.
I like what the rest of the team is doing, don't get me wrong. But the added focus of the defense on Tyreke has contributed to making things a little bit easier on other players. That is what great players bring to a team.

Sweet Jehu. How annoying can one get. The answer is extraordinarily annoying.

I don't think the original comparison in any way equated the players. It's also not a meaningless stat. Choose any arbitrary combination of points, assists, rebounds, and steals. If you end up with 2 players, and one of them is Lebron James, the other player is very very good at NBA basketball. If the other player is a rookie, you're looking at a future all star.

As you mention, if you tweak the numbers, you can replace Evans with Jennings. That says WAY more about Jennings than it does the quality of the comparison. The dude put up 55 in his rookie year. He too will be a phenomenal player.

Rubio also doesn't even play in the NBA, so I'm not sure why we need to talk about him until he does.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer

I don't think the original comparison in any way equated the players. It's also not a meaningless stat. Choose any arbitrary combination of points, assists, rebounds, and steals. If you end up with 2 players, and one of them is Lebron James, the other player is very very good at NBA basketball. If the other player is a rookie, you're looking at a future all star.

As you mention, if you tweak the numbers, you can replace Evans with Jennings. That says WAY more about Jennings than it does the quality of the comparison. The dude put up 55 in his rookie year. He too will be a phenomenal player.

Rubio also doesn't even play in the NBA, so I'm not sure why we need to talk about him until he does.
Agree 100%. You tell it like it is.

A

AriesMar27

a little late to the party but ... okay!:cool: is there anything else that you want to add to the conversation?

as far as the bolded part you just answered your own question. stop talking about him until he does and you wont see his name pop up. ;)

gunks

Hall of Famer

For real!

And I love how the arguement is that there is a differential in LeBron's and Reke's stats. Of course there is a differential. Reke is a rookie. And LeBron James is LEBRON ****** ******* JAMES!

Its going to be interesting when Blake gets back. Jennings may have hit the wall now that defenses are gearing towards him. We could see the same with Evans soon since he doesnt have a reliable shot yet.

I'm almost expecting a mini-slump of sorts from him. Mini in that I'm also expecting him to adjust and bounce back, since he's just that crazy good.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
a little late to the party but ... okay!:cool: is there anything else that you want to add to the conversation?

as far as the bolded part you just answered your own question. stop talking about him until he does and you wont see his name pop up. ;)
Balderdash. You keep referring to "he who shall remain nameless" as if it's some kind of mantra so please don't try and say you're not talking about Rubio. And yep, there it is. I actually wrote his name. Should I be waiting for the thunder to strike?

Dude, Rubio could not possibly have had the impact on the Kings and the fanbase that Tyreke Evans has already had. You keep grasping at straws to find ways to ignore the really, really big handwriting on the wall.

Tyreke Evans has shown himself to be the PERFECT draft pick for the Kings. And it's just getting better. You can deny it all you like and try to rationalize around it, but he's garnering respect and interest throughout the NBA ...

A

AriesMar27

Balderdash. You keep referring to "he who shall remain nameless" as if it's some kind of mantra so please don't try and say you're not talking about Rubio. And yep, there it is. I actually wrote his name. Should I be waiting for the thunder to strike?

Dude, Rubio could not possibly have had the impact on the Kings and the fanbase that Tyreke Evans has already had. You keep grasping at straws to find ways to ignore the really, really big handwriting on the wall.

Tyreke Evans has shown himself to be the PERFECT draft pick for the Kings. And it's just getting better. You can deny it all you like and try to rationalize around it, but he's garnering respect and interest throughout the NBA ...
i dont know how any of this has anything to do with what you quoted but... okay... :rolleyes:

OMG... did kingsguy881 hack vf21's account? that could be the only logical explanation. that or she's skynet... either way...:rolleyes:

bajaden

Hall of Famer

So once again PER.

Tyreke

Wade at 22(rookie)

Lebron as rookie

Deron Williams at 21

Chris Paul at 20

Derrick Rose at 20
Sort of late to this ridiculous celebration thats turned into a wake. But how does Kobe's numbers screw up the comparison by being in the league for three years. If anything, I would think it would reinforce Tyreke's numbers. It also amazes me that anyone pays any attention to Aries. He's has no credibility. He does this just to pull your chain. He's nothing more than a joke, and he does it on purpose. I find him amusing. Once you get it, he's quite likable.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I'm nominating Aries for most beloved poster of the month. I don't have his stats yet, but I'm sure they'll be impressive. I won't bring up, he who shall remain nameless, who I think Clint Eastwood played in a couple of movies, because I don't want to spoil his day...;)

A

AriesMar27

I'm nominating Aries for most beloved poster of the month. I don't have his stats yet, but I'm sure they'll be impressive. I won't bring up, he who shall remain nameless, who I think Clint Eastwood played in a couple of movies, because I don't want to spoil his day...;)
if he would just stop trying to kill harry potter maybe more posters around here might like him. their kids or grandkids read the books and that paints a negative image of he who shall remain nameless...:cool: he just needs a better publicist.

you guys got balloons?:cool:

c'mon dude, evans has played really well but to compare his numbers to lebrons is just wrong. if they had compared their rookie season numbers i could understand. but by their logic they could have said that evans and kobe are the only 2 players in california averaging 18 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists... but that doesnt mean that evans comes anywhere near kobe's level of play... same goes for lebron. if jennings averaged 1 more rebound and kobe 1 more assist they wouldve been in the same class as evans and lebron by the writers flawed logic.

Why would it bother you? Seriously aren't you happy with him being ROM.

A

AriesMar27

Why would it bother you? Seriously aren't you happy with him being ROM.
well i wouldve loved some balloons... i think its cool that he is the western conf rookie of the month... he should win it next month unless collison tears it up with paul out. my one and only beef was the comparison of their stats. the difference was just too big for me to take seriously.

YES but this thread is about him being ROM. If you want to know how we are doing as a team in the media check out the rankings thread that Brick started. Seriously why is it hard to give credit where credit is due.

YES but this thread is about him being ROM. If you want to know how we are doing as a team in the media check out the rankings thread that Brick started. Seriously why is it hard to give credit where credit is due.
It is because if you give credit to Tyreke Evans, then the argument that his beloved Rubio is better than Evans goes down.

Plain and simple.

I think you know that. Now, it's you who's annoying me for asking why it is so hard to give credit where credit is due. :p

The real question should be how long these very few people can keep on tearing down their very own player Evans?

Is it really just man-crush that they have on Rubio, or is it something more?:D

well i wouldve loved some balloons... i think its cool that he is the western conf rookie of the month... he should win it next month unless collison tears it up with paul out. my one and only beef was the comparison of their stats. the difference was just too big for me to take seriously.
given your past I find it very laughable. At every opportunity you tried to down play Evans. Just be happy we have a future star on our hands. You are just as bad a some who want Bradon to fail just so Evans get ROY. I am happy with Evans as much as any Buck fan is happy with Bradon.

Just wondering is there any way to like. Ignore certain posters' posts? Like have it not appear at all?

Anyway, way to go Tyreke! Kinda expected, and I think we've all come to expect nothing but greatness from our 20 year old rookie. Looking forward to many more years ahead of awards and championships

i know that you didnt write this but this is hella flawed logic...

lebron is averaging 29 points, 6.7 rebounds and 8 assists per game.

evans is averaging 18.8 points, 5 rebounds and 4.7 assists per game.

those are not even close to comparing.

beno at 14/2/3.9 are closer to evans numbers than lebrons.

jennings is averaging 22 points, 4 rebounds and 5.7 assists per game.

its not even funny to compare lebrons MVP level numbers to evans rookie numbers. they are nice but they arent even the best rookie stats this season. the best in the western conference with griffin out indefinitely and he who shall remain nameless in spain but to compare his run of the mill numbers to lebrons is just crazy.
So, if you can't compare numbers, then is Lebron having a bad year? Just becuase Evans is a rookie, doesn't mean you can't compare numbers. I don't understand that logic. :p

Is it really just man-crush that they have on Rubio, or is it something more?:D
Of course it is something more. They want to prove that they're right. Everyone else is just being a homer and blinded by the achievements of the rookies, team and coach. And to accept that we're heading in the right direction would make them looks like fool. But in reality, acceptance of being incorrect is not being a fool but those that continue to ignore the facts are.

Noone care how Tyreke comparable to LBJ are what not. He is getting things done in SAC and is at the top among all the rookies this year so far.

Tyreke is ROM, WTG. Congratulation and keep up the good work. Hope to see you get ROY.

That's where your post should have stopped, because you lost all credibility to me when you used the word "hella". Nobody over the age of 22 or 23 should use that word. Well, not if they want to be taken seriously anyway.

Originally Posted by AriesMar27

i know that you didnt write this but this is hella ...

K

Kingsguy881

i dont know how any of this has anything to do with what you quoted but... okay... :rolleyes:

OMG... did kingsguy881 hack vf21's account? that could be the only logical explanation. that or she's skynet... either way...:rolleyes:
I thought you weren't the one who started these things.

Obviously, I've paid you back in the same way you keep trying to play everyone else. My name is in your mouth.

Evans is a Sacramento King. He has the potential to be one of the top 5 Sacramento Kings since they moved here. And being someone who has followed this team since they came to town, that means a lot to me. Evans is the future of this franchise, and he sure has started off on the right foot.

Downplay all of his accolades and accomplishments all you want, 'bring us some of your LA perspective' which to me sounds a lot like a Laker fan cross-dressing as a Kings fan. But that wouldn't be you though ;) ;) Naw, you're too loyal to the Kings, too much of a 'true' fan, not a Johnny-Come-Lately type. Our buddy, am27. What a guy! You should be nominated for fan of the year. Behind enemy lines, taking shots both from the fans of your 'favorite' team, and from fans of the enemy. Still standing strong, annoying the masses. Now THATS dedication.

Last edited by a moderator: