Official 2009 Nba Draft Thread

See, when that JT & Cisco for the #2 thing turns out to be reality, and when we follow it with Kevin to Boston for Rondo, we suddenly trot out

C-Thabeet
PF-Hawes
SF-Nocioni
SG-Evans
PG-Rondo

and go from worst to Top 10 in defense in one year. :p
Or if we somehow get involved with the Amare trade.......... hmmmm

YAY Wussup all kingsfans!
all israel is celebrating omri caspi's pick.
good luck to you all in the next season, you can be share all israel gonna support the Kings now.

go kings ;p
and caspi :D

No I think the kid is talented.. If you read any other threads I was comparing him to Dickerson/Salmons. But teams that are floundering like ours shouldn't go into a draft thinking BPA when we have so many glaring weaknesses to fill. We are drafting like we have a 60 win team and can afford to stash a few players away for a couple years. That's what had me upset. Then you get people talking about Evans as the next great PG for the team.

I have no doubts he can bring the ball up most of the time, but his weaknesses are that he is turnover prone when doubled, no real outside shots, not a play maker, does not make people around him better, and has limited court vision. That's the weaknesses I gave him towards the end of the college year. Put in the comparison of Michael Dickerson, and Salmons mix.

I am not so pissed at the pick as I am drafting like we are a 60 win team.
I agree with a lot of that. I think he is much quicker with ball then who you are comparing him to. In the open court he is a special player and I felt he made players around him better on the break due to the attention he drew. In the half court he can force it and becomes more of a isolation player then a distributor. I'm not to worried about his shot. Good form and a quick release, just needs to keep working at it. He has to improve his decision making in the half court regardless of the position he plays that's for sure.

If I had to compare him to anyone it would be Mayo with a worse jump shot. Like Mayo he is a player that can pass and handle like a point guard but will probably look for his own shot over getting his teammates involved.

The need over BPA thing is where we really part ways. This team won 17 games and can find minutes for anyone even if they are out of position. You work it out later via trade if you have to. Right now you just need to stockpile young talent.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
martin for rubio could be possible.. they need a SG

etan thomas
rubio
filler

for

martin
If that was really going to happen, don't you think OKC would have salivated over a deal to trade their pick to us for Martin? They could get a known scorer in Martin instead of an unknown in Harden. Problem is, Petrie wouldn't do that deal in a million years.

We just passed on Rubio straight up. Pretty sure we're not going to trade our best player for him.
we passed him up for the BPA available...evans. im warming up to him now.. but drafting him only plugged in another SG in our roster.. no matter what others may believe he will always be a SG. i seriously think evans has more upside than martin... and im willing to let martin go for rubio

good luck to you all in the next season, you can be share all israel gonna support the Kings now.

go kings ;p
As a Chinese, I remember the day Houston drafted Yao Ming, I'm happy for you. And welcome to kingsfans.com!

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member

go kings ;p
Welcome!

You have found the #1 forum for Kings fans. We welcome all our new members from around the world. :D We are happy to have him on the team and look forward to watching him on our team!

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I agree with a lot of that. I think he is much quicker with ball then who you are comparing him to. In the open court he is a special player and I felt he made players around him better on the break due to the attention he drew. In the half court he can force it and becomes more of a isolation player then a distributor. I'm not to worried about his shot. Good form and a quick release, just needs to keep working at it. He has to improve his decision making in the half court regardless of the position he plays that's for sure.

If I had to compare him to anyone it would be Mayo with a worse jump shot. Like Mayo he is a player that can pass and handle like a point guard but will probably look for his own shot over getting his teammates involved.

The need over BPA thing is where we really part ways. This team won 17 games and can find minutes for anyone even if they are out of position. You work it out later via trade if you have to. Right now you just need to stockpile young talent.
Mayo doesn't have the athletic ability of Evans. Evans is sooo much of a better finisher than Mayo it isn't funny. Also, a much better defender. Also, a better creator. Mayo is a better shooter.

AMEN!!! Great post.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
The Eyenga pick is just completely out of left field. Blair and Budinger must be wearing concrete shoes here. I still can't imagine either guy falling to #38. Hopefully we grab a big man like Pendergraph or Aminu there.

we passed him up for the BPA available...evans. im warming up to him now.. but drafting him only plugged in another SG in our roster.. no matter what others may believe he will always be a SG. i seriously think evans has more upside than martin... and im willing to let martin go for rubio
What exactly do you mean when you say he will "always be a SG"? What about the fact that he played the point in high school and most of his year in college?