Lotto day countdown!

Big day today for us, with the Kings luck we will have the number 4 pick, thats why our #4 is going to be representing us, its just too fitting. first or second pick pleeeeeaaassee.....

All this speculation is driving me crazy! We finally get to find out if the worst season in recent memory was worth anything to the franchise in the long run. I will be soooooooooooooo mad if we don't get a top 2 pick.

it will make my day if the kings get the 1st pick and nugs put the smack down on la
Kenyon Martin needs to lay down LOTS of hard fouls on LA like he did on Spencer! Go for it Kenyon! Oh, and 1 or 2 is the plan of the evening, C-Webb can hopefully bring us some good luck and shut up all the bandwagoning taunters that say he's bad luck! Hope...

I wish they would just announce who gets the first pick first. Rather then going from 14th down to first. I don't think I can watch a countdown. The 4th and 3rd pick envelopes are going to be so nerve racking haha

Words cannot express how happy I was that we didn't draft the "talented" Darrell Arthur last year. I remember watching all the "good picks" fly off the board and had basically conceded that we'd draft Arthur - and Petrie pulled a pleasant surprise.

Darrell proceeded to stink it up - both literally and figuratively - in Memphis. Anyways, let's get that #1!!!

OKC just in case they offer us something really good for griffin if we decided to trade down. And I like their team as well. I don't mind Memphis either. But I don't want to see the clippers up there cause I feel like they're just a waste of a top pick.

Words cannot express how happy I was that we didn't draft the "talented" Darrell Arthur last year. I remember watching all the "good picks" fly off the board and had basically conceded that we'd draft Arthur - and Petrie pulled a pleasant surprise.

Darrell proceeded to stink it up - both literally and figuratively - in Memphis. Anyways, let's get that #1!!!

Wait, how'd he "literally" stink it up? Is he known for a pre-game meal of refined beans and chili verde?

OKC just in case they offer us something really good for griffin if we decided to trade down. And I like their team as well. I don't mind Memphis either. But I don't want to see the clippers up there cause I feel like they're just a waste of a top pick.
I might say Memphis out of curiousity because they have a nice core of young guys so far, but that might make them big competition for us down the line, if we ever get back on top. Same exact sentiment goes towards OKC. However that might make them better trade partners for us as well. Just for pure sentimental reasons I'd say T'Wolves and Raptors, because those teams could just really use a pick-me-up.

At no point was Arthur a lottery pick. It was just the fans hyping up a player they invested in emotionally.

Even in this weak draft there are a few guys slated to go high that I say to myself, "You've got to be joking..."

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
At no point was Arthur a lottery pick. It was just the fans hyping up a player they invested in emotionally.
Wasn't Arthur in the "Green Room", though? Usually there are about 15 players invited there, and those come from the NBA, so I'm not sure it was just the fans hyping him.

Wasn't Arthur in the "Green Room", though? Usually there are about 15 players invited there, and those come from the NBA, so I'm not sure it was just the fans hyping him.
IIRC, at the beginning of the year he was projected around the top 5. Later in the year he dropped to around the late lotto, then after the combine he was around late lotto to top 20.

It is listed as 8:00 PM EST on ESPN(dot)com. Just clarifying.
Oops. :eek: That's actually what I meant to post. I'm in CA and my right brain must have been typing PDT while the left was thinking EDT. Or something like that. :p

They don't broadcast what happens in the secret draw room, so my guess is they talk about how it's done and open the envelopes from 14 to 1 at the 5 PM EDT time.

Last edited:
Marcei Lampe was also in the green room and this is a player that many insiders said, after the fact, they never considered drafting.

Speaking of which, boy, the wrath of the Knicks fans when I said on some forum back then that Lampe is at best a career backup.

Marcei Lampe was also in the green room and this is a player that many insiders said, after the fact, they never considered drafting.

Speaking of which, boy, the wrath of the Knicks fans when I said on some forum back then that Lampe is at best a career backup.

Maciej Lampe:p This guy from my country---Poland;)
GO KINGS!!!!

Does anyone know what time the actual order will be broadcast? I'm not talking about the actual programme/coverage, I mean when the results will be announced. If it's around 8 Eastern, I might consider staying up. Any later, and I'll probably have to wait 'til the morning to find out.

The anticipation is going to kill me tonight. :(

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It's a half-hour show LIVE starting at 8 eastern. That means you'll most likely have to stick it through for 30 more minutes because they won't announce the last two until as late in the program as possible. Need to squeeze all those commercials in, you know.

:)