2009 NBA Playoffs Thread

I don't think Dumars needs to catch any flak for the trade, though. The Pistons are in a good position now. Yes, they have just flamed out badly and the era they had going has most definitely ended, but the main cogs won't be there next year anyways. If he made any mistake at all, then it was extending Hamilton. However, if they do get, say, Carlos Boozer this offseason, they are right back in the thick of the Eastern Conference.

How will the Hornets look like next year? Or the Jazz? Can you immagine 2 of the (if not THE) best PG both being on terrible teams? Weird...

Having said that, it was a pitiful game... how you can have the self respect to lose by 58 is beyond me.
They aren't terrible teams, they've both had a ton of injuries this year and the Hornets just have no depth. They're both a piece or 2 away from being a top 4 seed. Utah has a LOT of potential free agents though...

Anyway I love the Hornets as a team but this is hopefully good news for us in that maybe Scott will be fired when they get put out.

PS How about James Jones last night? Two 4 point plays in 11 seconds? Crazy.

Last edited:
They aren't terrible teams, they've both had a ton of injuries this year and the Hornets just have no depth. They're both a piece or 2 away from being a top 4 seed. Utah has a LOT of potential free agents though...

Anyway I love the Hornets as a team but this is hopefully good news for us in that maybe Scott will be fired when they get put out.

PS How about James Jones last night? Two 4 point plays in 11 seconds? Crazy.

Milsap and Price just earned their contract renewals...

im guessing boozer is gone. he cant stay healthy and milsap did an AWESOME job at the boards late in the game

For the people that watched the game... the reserves were the ones that had all the momentum... and Deron's point blank layup miss promptly brought them out of it. Was it a no brainer to put Deron back in with a 6 point deficit? Or do you stick with what has made up 20 points in 7 minutes...?

ALso, can't believe I'm saying this but it was kind of classless how Sloan went out. If this was his last game... I can understand being frustrated but this is one of the great ambassadors of the game. I just felt weird watching him get T'ed up and tossed.

For the people that watched the game... the reserves were the ones that had all the momentum... and Deron's point blank layup miss promptly brought them out of it. Was it a no brainer to put Deron back in with a 6 point deficit? Or do you stick with what has made up 20 points in 7 minutes...?

ALso, can't believe I'm saying this but it was kind of classless how Sloan went out. If this was his last game... I can understand being frustrated but this is one of the great ambassadors of the game. I just felt weird watching him get T'ed up and tossed.
I understand why Sloan brought Deron back into the game, but if I were him I would have stuck with the guys who fought hard and brought that team back.

If the Celtics had run the same play the whole game (Pierce ISO top of key) I'm sure the Bulls would have defended it the same way the whole time. Vinny is a damn idiot.

Another question... why in the holy hell do you put quite possibly the slowest guy in the history of basketball all the way on the 3 point line if the whole time he is supposed to drive to the basket? He has no cojones, no chance of a 3 point play, and you knew he was going to miss the FTs even before he got to the line. He was WIDE open, why not shoot the jump shot? Wait, no, that makes too much sense, forget it. How bout Hinrich? He's been playing fantastic the whole game, lets draw up some plays for him? NO. That makes too much goddamn sense. Give it to Gordon, he's 4-18, he's due. **** percentages, play the lottery. Jesus... why is Noah not in instead of Miller at the end??? If Miller wasn't going to shoot it, put Noah in. If it's him, this is a dunk. And who paid the refs this game? Those phantom fouls on Allen the whole game, the absolute rape of Derrick Rose by Perkins (if contact over the back is a foul, then call it a foul the whole game, yes he blocked the shot, but there was more than definite contact)

And why, why in the history of the modern world did Vinny not put a better defender on Pierce... 3 TIMES IN A ROW they ran the same play. My 13 year old brother saw. VINNY, WHAT THE HELL???? WHAT. THE. HELL. Why is he paid? Why? This is the biggest travesty since the AIG bonuses. Trap him. Make Tony Allen shoot it. Make Glen Davis or Perkins shoot it. Make Rondo shoot it. Anybody except the Finals MVP that's the only proven shooter on the floor. Fine, play tight on House, but jesus why, oh why...

Rondo is really good...

WAIT!!! I JUST GOT IT!!! Pierce was due...

I would have put every penny I own on a Brad Miller miss there. I can't remember a time when he didn't go to the line and miss a clutch free throw or two.

I watched it on TNT and they said the same thing. I believe it should have been, just due to rules. Rondo did not at all go for the ball. He in fact made a dangerous place to go across Miller's face

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I tell you what, the All-Father's stats have not been impressive in the least, but I have enjoyed watching him develop defensively in the playoffs; his post defense has been impressive in the last two games, as he has helped spark late comebacks by Portland, even as he hasn't been very productive offensively himself.

Bah! Tim Duncan deserves better than to go out like this.
I respect TD, he's had a good run and seems like a solid guy. That being said I've never been a fan of the Spurs style of play. They've got 3 titles, so scoreboard them, but I will not be sad to not see them around much longer. I have never liked Bowen, always thought he was dirty and got away with alot of stuff that others could not get away with.

As Kings fans we should be overjoyed that an old dynasty is crumbling. It will make our ascent that much easier.

Although, with a healty Ginobli, Parker and Duncan they could give it one more go next year, but it seems they are done.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I got tired of Timmy Duncan and his pouty face long before I ever got tired of Miller's bitter beer face. And that's just the tip of the "I hate the freaking Spurs" iceberg. I won't even mention how much I detest their fans...

:p