The Economy and Season Ticket Holders

What effect has the economy had on you AS A season ticket holder?

• Had to split my seats with others

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I thought I would start a little poll here regarding the effect of the current economic downturn on season ticket renewals/purchases. You would think we have already hit rock bottom season ticket wise, but these economic conditions are unique to anybody under about 80 or so.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Interesting poll! Since I don't have season tickets, I won't answer the poll, but I could see me having to give them up if I had them.

We are actually taking advantage of the reduced ticket prices (Thanks Joe and Gavin) coupled with less season ticket holders and finally splitting season tickets with some others (we normally just went to a game here and there, but never had season tickets)... This means, better seats, cheaper seats.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Not a Kings season ticket holder but despite the economy (which I hope will be fixed) I am planning on getting MLS season tickets when Portland gets our team in 2 years. I'd probably have gone in on Blazers tickets if I weren't a Kings fan. I am worried about my job, pay freezes and benefit cuts especially with a 6mo. old and a single income but sports is generally a welcome relief from all that.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Haven't had season tickets since we moved but if I kept old ones in lower level, would have split them with 1 or 2 others last and next year. When I can I still get lower level thru StubHub.

In addition to the results of the poll, I would be interested in knowing how many season ticket holders frequent this board and who is the oldest person on the board.

I've never had season tickets, as the drive is too long to get down to games. I have been very tempted to get some $22.50 ones though, as I'm moving to Stockton in August and it would be a quick drive to the games. If only we had a competitive team:eek:...

I have had season tickets, for 21 years in the lower level. They only lowered my tickets by $10 a game, per ticket.

However if I move up 5 rows, I save $36 per game, so guess what? I will be moving up 5 rows, without really affecting the view.

yes and no

I have had for 5 yrs now and while I am not a business owner, I have always wanted once my economics were stable. However, even in the best of times (kings wise) it would have been harder and harder to go to more games than I do now (about 10). I keep the tickets for the opportunity of better seats, and for playoff tix:D in the future. I split with one other person originally and sold the rest (wasn't hard when I started) but now give away what we don't use. We have gone onto split with 3, then 4 last year and now 5 people. I'm trying to hang on even though they are difficult to say the least to watch. Unless you like watching opponent lay up drill for 48 mins.......but trying to be faithful.

Interesting poll. Obviously, it doesn't apply to me directly (live in Chicago), but in general, it's a question I had to wrestle with as a Cubs and Bears season ticket holder. The economy hasn't affected me directly yet (still at the same job/salary), but yeah, for the first time in a long while I am pinching pennies and tightening budget and looking really hard at those "misc" items.

Cubs and Bears are really helping out this year though. Bears did not increase ticket prices for the first time since they reopened Soldier Field, and they are now allowing tickets to be resold on Stubhub, and each year there is an amnesty period allowing PSL's to be traded on their web site. Cubs increased only premier game ticket prices and their tickets can be resold too. So, I'll be doing just that, picking few games to go to with my kids and selling other tickets on stub hub. That way, I get to renew my season tix, but I am reducing my overall expenditure on sporting events for the year. If that's an option for Kings season tix holders, I'd think it's a smart play.

Exactly....the tickets went down by $10 a seat. They wanted $10K for the next season.
Unfortunately my company is not renewing its season tickets next year. We were in Row K section 119

I have had season tickets, for 21 years in the lower level. They only lowered my tickets by $10 a game, per ticket.

However if I move up 5 rows, I save $36 per game, so guess what? I will be moving up 5 rows, without really affecting the view.

I had lower level tickets since day one (23 years), but gave them up at the end of the 2007-2008 season. After watching what happened this season, it was a great move.