Jason Thompson

How do you grade the pick of Jason Thompson?

• Total voters
I think all that Entity was trying to do was point out that it was your opinion. You made a blanket statement as if it were fact. In truth, most, if not all posts on this fourm are someone's opinion, and I'm fine with that. Don't take offense, when someone points it out.

As for Thompson, I've stated that I like the pick and could point out a lot of reasons why. But the truth is, we all just have to wait and see. I'll remain optimistic until given reasons not to be. And then of course, I'll deny that I ever wanted him as my pick.:D
My posts are my opinions, I don't need to be reminded of this nor do I need to remind everyone else.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Let's get back to the topic at hand, mmm-kay? If you guys want to argue/debate/discuss the opinion thing further, please take it to PMs. Thanks.

Well, I've thought about my stance a little on this pick. While I don't like the value we got at this pick and I would've much preferred Anthony Randolph or Marreese Speights; it's not that I don't like Thompson. I'm just disappointed that's all we could get with that pick. I agree that he's got good skills, size, and solid athleticism. While I don't think his ceiling is as high as I'd like for the situation that we're in, guys with athleticism and size you never know what their true ceiling is. I certainly have to admit that I haven't seen a whole lot of his play and to be fair I think I'm going to have to declare myself a wait and seer. There's no point in not being optimistic at this time. I really am going to enjoy seeing a lot of our young guys in the summer pro league this year, we're going to have a lot of our future there. Can't wait to see the lineup of Singletary, Douby, Thompson, and Hawes.

As for Thompson, I've stated that I like the pick and could point out a lot of reasons why. But the truth is, we all just have to wait and see. I'll remain optimistic until given reasons not to be. And then of course, I'll deny that I ever wanted him as my pick.:D
I don't know much about Thompson as you do but I like your way of thinking.

Cross our fingers and hope it was the best 12th pick in NBA history even if it has only very little chance at that. ;)

bajaden

Hall of Famer
My posts are my opinions, I don't need to be reminded of this nor do I need to remind everyone else.
My last word on this.. I think he knew that you knew it was your opinion. I think he was pointing it out to everyone else that it was merely your opinion. Perhaps a little sensitivity training would be of use. Your taking this stuff way too seriously..:cool:

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Marty Mac's World: Don't criticize Thompson until you see him play

http://www.sacbee.com/martymac/story/1051633.html

just a snipet:

These so-called experts have determined they already know how much this young man will work, how committed he is to test his limits and even how he wants to make crazy money by exceeding the expectations of others.
Interesting little read touching on Augustin and Bayless as well and how he would still have taken Thompson even if they were still available as well.

Even though his ceiling may not be as high, maybe Petrie saw that he was less of a gamble than Randolph. Randolph is undersized (weight wise). Watch him be the next Marcus Fizer. How did that high ceiling work for him? LOL

Even though his ceiling may not be as high, maybe Petrie saw that he was less of a gamble than Randolph. Randolph is undersized (weight wise). Watch him be the next Marcus Fizer. How did that high ceiling work for him? LOL
We're in a position where we need to take gambles because we're rebuilding and we haven't had very high deals, we aren't going to catch up by getting low risk low reward deals. Marcus Fizer was an undersized PF, he didn't have the skills to play SF. Randolph does have the skills and the athleticism to play both SF and PF, but he doesn't have the size to play PF right now; he's got great size for a SF.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

The games and physical attributes of those two players could not possibly be more opposite.

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
anybody else going to any summer league games?
I'll be in Vegas 15-19 to see the middle 3 kings games:

Sat, 12 Jul, 1pm Kings - Raptors

Tue, 15 Jul, 7pm Kings - Blazers

Wed, 16 Jul, 3pm Kings - Mavs

Fri, 18 Jul, 7pm Kings - Warriors

Sun, 20 Jul, 5:30pm Kings - Rockets

Somehow the Maloofs seem to get the Kings in the last game of the Vegas Summer League every year now. Must be trying to get more to stay at the Palms.