Jason Thompson

How do you grade the pick of Jason Thompson?

• Total voters
Hawes
Thompson
Garcia
Martin
Udrih

not a bad young line up... if we trade artest for another pick and so :p you have shot blocking on all three positions... Defensively Garcia is pretty good he can block shots... and douby isnt that bad on the defensive end either with his long arms

petrie seems to be thinking of the future NOW rather than finding patches and holes to fix while trying to "compete" int he long run we have a good team :p

is hawes not good athletically? i mean he played with a flu or something before he was drafted right...

watching hawes i like what i see hes pretty quick for a big if he bulks up he will be good :p

Ryan

I like turtles
Hawes + Thompson = Princeton Offense. Geoff is committed to recreating that team.
Agreed, and I'm fine with that.

We need a strong front line with Oden, Durant, and Bynum (however you spell it) all on the Westcoast. I think Hawes + Thompson have potential to be the next "perfect center" much like the combo of Bibby and Jackson.

on his high back black revolving chair scratching his pet cat while looking down on the earth on his moon base... oh yes...

Fire the DEATH RAY :D

lol

I attended the draft party and was hyped up when it was our turn to pick until I felt like someone poured a cold bucket of water on me. I was really hoping for a lopez brother or Jordan or at least Jevale mcgee ahhh. I really think its time for fresh minds and new ideas in the front office.

Agreed, and I'm fine with that.

We need a strong front line with Oden, Durant, and Bynum (however you spell it) all on the Westcoast. I think Hawes + Thompson have potential to be the next "perfect center" much like the combo of Bibby and Jackson.

I definitely see Thompson as more of a PF than a C. He certainly has the athleticism and size to play PF. But he does need to get stronger.

I attended the draft party and was hyped up when it was our turn to pick until I felt like someone poured a cold bucket of water on me. I was really hoping for a lopez brother or Jordan or at least Jevale mcgee ahhh. I really think its time for fresh minds and new ideas in the front office.
Finally someone who is not thrilled like me.

well at least now we wont complain with our "undersized" front court.. back then we had a big line up with brad webb and peja all above 6"10 problem was not much defense..

Finally someone who is not thrilled like me.

You don't have to be thrilled. I certainly wasn't last year. But you've been saying Thompson is slow and unathletic when that's simply not the case? What do you want? Does it make you feel better to call him slow and unathletic, even though he's a pretty good athlete?

He averaged 20/12/3/3. Impressive. And he still has lots of room for improvement.

Once again we waste our draft pick on someone unknown who will be out of the league or the 12th man on some team in 2-3 years, if not playing in Europe. I get so sick of this!!
Once again? When was the last time our 1st rounder was out of the league in 2-3 years. I mean Geoff's WORST pick ever in Sacto was Tariq Abdul-Wahad and he got a lucrative deal and sunk because of a major injury. I trust the pick and trust Geoff, I just wish and think he could and should have dropped down and picked up a future pick or something.

and hes a late bloomer... which is a big upside for him...

for example.. hawes used to play a lot of guard till he got to his max height right, thats great cause now he has that passing and shooting skills of a guard at his primary position at center,

we may have mismatches athetically but we will make mis matches skill wise :p

petrie is cerebral :D hehe

I think people are down on the pick because it is not "sexy."

Who cares what the so called experts think. I for one have been complaining about the lack of defense and rebounding on this team and I am glad it at least seemingly was addressed.

GP has made some questionable (at best) free agent signings but its hard to argue with his draft picks. I think the pick was fine. Everyone that was there all had some question marks including Thompson. Time will tell. As reported, I'm sure GP tested the waters to move up or down but it just wasn't there or value didn't work. Probably only option was to buy a pick and that falls on the Maloofs.

Once again? When was the last time our 1st rounder was out of the league in 2-3 years. I mean Geoff's WORST pick ever in Sacto was Tariq Abdul-Wahad and he got a lucrative deal and sunk because of a major injury. I trust the pick and trust Geoff, I just wish and think he could and should have dropped down and picked up a future pick or something.
What about douby he stinks pretty bad.

GP has made some questionable (at best) free agent signings but its hard to argue with his draft picks. I think the pick was fine. Everyone that was there all had some question marks including Thompson. Time will tell. As reported, I'm sure GP tested the waters to move up or down but it just wasn't there or value didn't work. Probably only option was to buy a pick and that falls on the Maloofs.
I think GP problem isn't neccessarily about what he is doing, it is about what he isn't doing.

I think people are down on the pick because it is not "sexy."

Who cares what the so called experts think. I for one have been complaining about the lack of defense and rebounding on this team and I am glad it at least seemingly was addressed.

I actually think this is one of the more positive reactions about a pick i've seen on the boards. Go back a year and you'll see what a negative response looks like :p

Don't worry about it, Rock. He did the same last year. If memory serves, he also said he was done supporting the Kings. :rolleyes:
Your memory doesn't serve you correctly. I never said that. What I said was that I will never watch another NBA game again just after hearing what my heart has been telling me since that ****ed up night.

oh, and you're right about Hawes. He proved me wrong...
Hes not another soft, slow big man with a few fancy foot steps that will be most likely be called traveling 50% of the time nowadays.:confused:

And Rock, don't give me that "How do you know Petrie's not trying" crap. That's a cop-out. He needs to try harder. We had our point guard of the future in Daniel Gibson when the Cavs offered him and Gooden for Bibby. Instead, Petrie got scared and waited until we got basically nothing for him. Thats just one example. I'm just saying It would be nice to see him rebuild this team before I die.