[LAL/BOS]Battle of the top seeds!!

Who will win the 2008 NBA Finals?

• Total voters

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Me, too! My devious diabolical plan has, thus far, worked perfectly!

Now, GO CELTICS! Beat LA!!!

The overall talent is about equal, but The ZenMaster is so far advanced over Doc Rivers it's a joke. I don't want to break it down much further yet, but back up PG Sam Cassell who was once a finals big time star now looks like Grandma Moses. Lakers in 6.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Boston win, but their play in the playoffs has been marginal, and in a big game like this Garnett disappeared a bit. 16 and 6 isn't his best game.

I just don't think Boston can Handle LA, I hope they do, but I don't think they can.

I have one rule in watching the NBA.

Rule # 1: Hate the Lakers.

Therefore, I hope Boston wins the title and denies Kobe that title he wants as the main guy on the team. I think Boston will win the first two. Then, Boston will get one in L.A. Finally, Boston wins game six and get the title.

That was the first point I wanted to make. Now, for the main point that I want to make.

I would not be surprised if it goes seven because the NBA wants a long series get the money they lost from the past years of having teams other than Boston and L.A. in the Finals. I guarantee the champenge is popping right now in the NBA Headquarters and at the ABC Headquarters, too. Shoot, I hardly watched any of the playoffs and was I surprised this is the match up we got for the Finals. No, I bet David Stern was secretly rooting for Boston and L.A. to get to the Finals.

This series makes me want to puke right now. :eek: This was an agenda driven thing that the NBA wanted and I hope it backfires on them in a big way.

Rooting for Boston, but voted that I predict the Lakers will pull it out in 6. Almost voted for Lakers in 5, but forgot about the 2-3-2 finals schedule.

I can't believe some people on this board pick the Lakers to win in or 4 or 5. This series is going at least six with Boston winning the championship.

I can't believe some people on this board pick the Lakers to win in or 4 or 5. This series is going at least six with Boston winning the championship.
What's hard to believe about it? LA's performed extremely well in a much stronger conference, while Boston's struggled against inferior teams.

I call for these people to be banned. If not, then at least the person who picked Lakers in 4.

Celtics in 6.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Stil haven't made up my mind on the result of this thing. Lakers have looked like the stronger team in the playofs, and their coach is back home where he's only won 9 rings. On the other hand, all the old hungry vets on the Celtics might give them a desperation to win the title now that could be anotch above the Lakers, who have an actual future.

K

king07

i hate the lakers, can't stand any boston team. with that said, lakers in 5 or 6, celtics have no chance

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I think the lakers are going to take it, but would really like to see the Celtics somehow pull it out.

I am not voting. It would depress me to do so. ;)

As someone already mentioned, the key *will* be the first two games. if LA steals either of those they've then got three games at home where they could potentially pull it out and the pressure on Boston gets ratcheted up even further.

However, if Boston manages to hold serve, they then have three games in LA where if they can win one the pressure really cranks up on the Lakers.

All I know is Boston better come out ready Game 1, because Phil loves to steal those....