[ATL/BOS] The rivalry continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
And Joe Johnson has about 34 pts. 4.3 sec left and Hawks up by 3.

Now 2.6 sec left and Josh Smith to the line.

Mike played very well tonight ... He kept them in the game in the first when the celtics went on there run , joe Johnson took over in the fourth and EVERYONE on that hawks team contributed... Watching the kings you almost forget how amazing some of these athletes are...still don't think hawks have a chance on winning one in boston

Exciting game... does this series kind of remind anyone else of Kings/Lakers '98-'99 I think it was? Heavily favored Lakers struggling to vanquish the upstart Kings who didn't quite know they were supposed to get swept. :)

I got to remember statements he made during the only Kings playoff series that I had a chance to go to the game :)

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/4999918/

Kevin Garnett said:
“This is it,” he responded. “It’s for all the marbles. I’m sitting in the house loading up the pump, I’m loading up the Uzis, I’ve got a couple of M-16s, couple of nines, couple of joints with some silencers on them, couple of grenades, got a missile launcher. I’m ready for war.”Afterward, Garnett said he met with the team’s public relations staff and discussed his remarks.
And Brad Miller responded like a true Indiana farmboy:

Brad Miller said:
“I’m bringing my shotgun, my bow and arrow, my four-wheel drive truck and four wheelers and run over him,” Miller said Tuesday. “It’s going to be the ultimate battle. He’s a warrior, and that’s how I like to play when I step between the lines.”

Last edited:
The Mighty Celtics have gone to Atlanta only to see the Hawks even the series at 2-2.
They got lazy (not to mention Doc Rivers called some pretty brad defensive schemes over the past 3 games. Not on par with the season at all.). If Philly and Atl both win their 1st round series, I'm quitting the NBA.

Doc Rivers is way overrated. Hawk is going to be a very exciting team in the next few years. Josh Smith! What a beast!

Do you think 'every' current coach would have had the same record, 66-16, with a revamped team playing its first year together? Sure he's never been past the 1st round but the teams he's coached shouldn't have anyway. His Magic teams really had one all-star in McGrady and no legit big men, Amaechi, Bo Outlaw, Andrew DeClerq and an old Horace Grant, Patrick Ewing, Shawn Kemp. And with the Celts, one star in Pierce and his big men were Mark Blount and Raef LaFrentz the year they lost in the 1st round, Al Jefferson was a rookie that year and Perkins a sophomore.

The Hawks were lucky to win the 2nd game, Joe Johnson, pretty much played like Kobe in that 2nd win.

Why do they have to be lucky? Because they withstood the Celtics run and came back with their own? Besides it was the Joe Johnson and Josh Smith show, not just one Kobe-like performance.

No one can change the fact that both Philly and Atlanta came in the playoffs with sub .500 records. Is it their fault that both Detroit and Boston are seemingly looking past them and on to the next round?

The Hawks did what they are supposed to do in the playoffs. On to Game 5

If Boston need 7 games to beat 8th ranked team on the East,they shouldn't even think about the finals.Go Bibby,go Hawks!

Well since Bowen is going to guard me I can't expect to score many points,so everything is up to Chris and David(maybe Pargo).I don't think we'll meet Boston in the finals cuz' they suck right now:D

The Celtics' execution - or lack thereof - on the final three possessions was ridiculous awful, especially for a team that's supposed to be a shoe-in for the Finals. Rondo looked like the lost point guard that started last season, not the polished floor leader that started this series in Boston. Ray Allen couldn't hit dark with a flashlight. Sam Cassell didn't look to shoot at all.

This series has no business being tied at three games a piece.

When Slim started this thread the title seemed tongue-in-cheek to me, even though I am aware of the past rivarly between Birds Celtics and 'Niques Hawks. But game 7? Seriously?

My question to Slim and everyone else is this: Did you really expect the series to be this competitive and if you "called it" will you pleas pick 6 numbers between 1 and 56 for me?

My question to Slim and everyone else is this: Did you really expect the series to be this competitive and if you "called it" will you pleas pick 6 numbers between 1 and 56 for me?
I expected it to be competitive, but I did not expect the Hawks to win any game. I thought it would be a good game throughout, but the Hawks losing it in the fourth quarter like they've done so often throughout the season. But they've pulled through and won three games at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.