Kings @ Nuggets Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you kidding me, Martin is sick, he is sore, he is getting mugged out there, no Brad Miller for his easy buckets and he drops 36 points and two clutch fts to win the game.

Should be no whining now, the young guys played hard and won the game.
AMEN. kevin and cisco are really showing how awesome they can be together.

If freaking Portland passes us for the 12th pick Reggie should be fired! Theres no freaking reason that Kevin Martin should be playing tonight if hes so sick. this is a meaningless game. Stupid.
This was not a meaningless game, we were able to see the young guys play well AND we were able to see Martin with 36 points!!! This game was an entire team effort and I would much rather play hard to win rather then aiming to get a 12th pick versus a 13th pick or whatever it is we will end up with. This game was fun, and I am enjoying Theus develop as a coach.

Major props. The benchies stepped up. I loved the heart and fire of mikey tonight. Hell, I loved the fire of the whole team today. Your welcome GS.

S

sactownfan

Great win, great win.... although this is getting ridiculous... Im torn... We've been in a place to catch NJ and IND for the 11th and 10th spot. and yet we keep winning.... good to win but being the 12th over the 10th could have us hurting in the long run.

Course the draft is never a sure thing but being higher up gives GP more options.

I have no way to check this, but considering how crucial every win is in the west for playoff bound teams, I would be willing to venture that the Kings have had the largest impact on the playoff race than any non-playoff team in at least a while. I'm proud of this.

Whenever you see teams schedules and the commentators point out the tough games and the gimme games the Kings are always on the gimme side. Then those teams lose.

On a another note. Mikki Moore impresses me more every day. Despite being 33 he looks like he's got another solid 5 years left in him. Think about it. He's almost never injured. Never gets tired. Plays long and hard. Never complains. He's one of those rare players that I instant chemistry no matter where he is. He also puts up decent numbers. I think a lot of teams could use a player like that.

On a another note. Mikki Moore impresses me more every day. Despite being 33 he looks like he's got another solid 5 years left in him. Think about it. He's almost never injured. Never gets tired. Plays long and hard. Never complains. He's one of those rare players that I instant chemistry no matter where he is. He also puts up decent numbers. I think a lot of teams could use a player like that.
yeah, mikki is really growing on me. he's a great teammate

Freaking missed this game, but the last month or so since reggie has worked with kevin martin i have noticed Martins improved ball handling and scoring on his own. His chemistry with brad is all fine and dandy but brad isnt going to be here forever and kevin cant rely on the whole pass and cut stuff.

GO KINGS AND GO MARTIN!

yeah, mikki is really growing on me. he's a great teammate

I like Moore too, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.. He is a bench player/spot-starter at best. I do like how he is able to instantly fill a need though if asked, and chemistry wise he doesn't screw anything up.

ehh Martin is a better rebounder than Cisco, but after that, Cisco has better vision, instinct, and defense. I would say Kevin has better awareness. Cisco does more things. Its a tug of war as to who is the better player.
No, martin is definitely better. Just because Garcia does those things doesnt mean anything to me. He doesnt do it enough on a regular basis, and he tries to make something out of nothing to often. Getting better but not Martin good.

On a another note. Mikki Moore impresses me more every day. Despite being 33 he looks like he's got another solid 5 years left in him. Think about it. He's almost never injured. Never gets tired. Plays long and hard. Never complains.
Aside from being (statistically) perhaps the least productive starting PF in the NBA, he's fantastic.

25-22 since Jan 1st. Not great, but not bad either.. MEDIOCRE! :( :D
Given all of the injuries (Ron/Kevin/Brad/Spencer/Beno/Cisco) and a trade to our team captain (Bibby), I'll take the winning mediocre record any day. I really am encouraged by the job Reggie Theus has done coaching this team. This is the NBA, and winning is everything in the pros. I hate the thought of tanking, and I'm so glad that we have a coach who is instilling a winning tradition, and developing the players we have to win rather than losing a lot and hoping to draft someone with savior skills.

Given all of the injuries (Ron/Kevin/Brad/Spencer/Beno/Cisco) and a trade to our team captain (Bibby), I'll take the winning mediocre record any day. I really am encouraged by the job Reggie Theus has done coaching this team. This is the NBA, and winning is everything in the pros. I hate the thought of tanking, and I'm so glad that we have a coach who is instilling a winning tradition, and developing the players we have to win rather than losing a lot and hoping to draft someone with savior skills.
Where is the clapping emoticon when you need it? Great post

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Just finished watching the game again. I was sometimes busy at HPL and missed big parts of the game. Note: It was just as much fun winning it again. :p

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Fun game to watch. And to win IN Denver without 3 starters is impressive as hell. Cisco and Kevin just put the team on their backs and went at it along with Mikki. Even when Mikki fouled out (again!) Shelden held his own tho' he still seems hesitant much of the time. Good win Guys!!! :D

Now lest go mess up the Lakers_ _ t!! Then derail the Warriors Tue then take over the Blazers 10th spot thursday. God, I love this game!!! :D

Fun game to watch. And to win IN Denver without 3 starters is impressive as hell. Cisco and Kevin just put the team on their backs and went at it along with Mikki. Even when Mikki fouled out (again!) Shelden held his own tho' he still seems hesitant much of the time. Good win Guys!!! :D

Now lest go mess up the Lakers_ _ t!! Then derail the Warriors Tue then take over the Blazers 10th spot thursday. God, I love this game!!! :D
Spencer fouled out, not mikki. He did have 5 fouls though.

haha just as I was reading the posts about mikki I look up at the tv and its mikki with his own NBA commercial dwight Howard style! Great commercial btw

Status
Not open for further replies.