New Uniforms? No black ... for now

I like the purple. It is THE color of royalty so of course it works well with the brand. I like the idea of a deeper purple maybe mixed with a dark grey. If they are getting rid of the current scheme all together, I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing a Royal Blue.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
New jerseys?! I just hope they don't have the same design scheme as the gold uni's. I hate one stripe of color going up one side but not the other. I also don't like the all one color (76er's, TWolves. etc.) look either. Hope its the same basic concept.

I like the purple. It is THE color of royalty so of course it works well with the brand. I like the idea of a deeper purple maybe mixed with a dark grey. If they are getting rid of the current scheme all together, I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing a Royal Blue.
I like the purple and I'm with you in wishing it could be a darker purple.

The throwback 97 jersey was more like 3/4 purple purple and 1/4 black i wonder if the league would consider them black?

View attachment 2438

Anyways as long as the maloofs dont let some company like Phat farm or something design them im sure it would be okay, i prefere a more profesional look.
I would love to see those back, although I know it will never happen. The current jerseys have always looked too kiddie to me, and I don't like that they don't fit the team logo.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Just as an aside - I just got back from a trip to Las Vegas today and got to put my nose into the Palms for a few minutes before going to the airport this afternoon.

3 guesses on whose jerseys were for sale in the gift shop (3 Kings players)....

Artest (probably 8-10 in purple, white, and gold)
Garcia (probably 4-6 in purple)
Bibby (1 in purple)

There was also one Monarchs jersey, but I didn't notice who it was.

New uniforms?

This is obviously inconsequential given the current discussions about the draft and player movement, but does anyone know when the Kings plan on changing their uniforms?

The alternate purple and gold uniforms the team has worn the past few seasons make my eyes bleed. I'd much rather see the team return the older black and purple jerseys.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Considering the Kings did NOT wear the gold lamé even once last year, I think they're toast. And it's about time.

There's a thread from a few months ago, I believe, that actually talks about the new uniforms. I'm pretty sure we're getting them but not at all sure what they'll look like. I do remember hearing they won't be black, however, as the league controls how many teams can have uniforms of certain colors at certain times. And it's not our time...yet.

I'll see if I can find the other thread...

I wouldnt mind silver or gray away. the color purple needs to go!

how about dark purple!, lol like black-ish!
I like that idea. A deeper purple with silver outlined by white "Kings" or "Sacramento" lettering. Blue is one of my favorite colors, but I'd like for them to stick to the same colors they have now. That would be going back to the KC/Omaha roots if they would change the colors back to blue. Plus you'd probably have to change the logo and I think we already have a tight one. LOL at us talking about colors and uniforms. :D

I wouldnt mind silver or gray away. the color purple needs to go!

how about dark purple!, lol like black-ish!
Let me modify that.

Imagine the lights out, black lighting and spots illuminating the arena. Out of a swirling smoke filled tunnel come our Kings wearing black & silver numbers on jerseys of Deep Purple. The arena speakers are blasting out "Smoke on the Water".

Now if we can only get the visitor's arena to do that for us when we visit in these awesome road jerseys....

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'd still like to see a rule change so the home team can wear their colors AT HOME and wear the stupid generic whites on the road.

:)

I'd still like to see a rule change so the home team can wear their colors AT HOME and wear the stupid generic whites on the road.

:)
Here, here! I like the rule in MLB and the NFL where the home team wears the home colors! Of course, the Lakers fudge the rule by wearing home yellow, instead of white.

By far the worst NBA jersey of all time goes to the throwback lime greens of the Atlanta Hawks. Close second to some of the atrocious sun's grey orange blends. Blah...

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I don't really mind the white for home. White is much easier to see and it's much easier for them to match the court. I remember they wore the road uniforms and it didn't even match the court and just looked strange. It was hard to watch when they got around the colored key area.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Well the Kings aren't the only team getting new uniforms, I've read that the Nuggets, Timberwolves, Magic, and Hornets are also getting new home and road jerseys and that the Bucks will only get a new alternate jersey. This is all from, ESPN columnist, Paul Lukas' blog "Uni Watch". It's like right at the end of his post.

Link: http://www.uniwatchblog.com/2008/03/21/state-of-the-union-uni-watch-address/

I think one of the Maloofs mentioned that the uniforms aren't going to be all that different. From what I can remember he said the home uniform will have a different logo or something like that.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm not positive, but I think one of the discussed changes involved whether or not the home and road uniforms would say "Kings" or "Sacramento"...

I like the name "Kings" at home and "Sacramento" on the road. It hasn't always been that way since the days of just "Kings" for both, emblazened cursive style. The Lakers are a team that uses just the one name for home and road - not sure how many other NBA franchises. I think a sinister motive could be assigned if "Sacramento" disappears for the upcoming season - especially since we're going to know before mid-season if the Kings are history in Sac as arena gets signed or falls apart.

I like the name "Kings" at home and "Sacramento" on the road. It hasn't always been that way since the days of just "Kings" for both, emblazened cursive style. The Lakers are a team that uses just the one name for home and road - not sure how many other NBA franchises. I think a sinister motive could be assigned if "Sacramento" disappears for the upcoming season - especially since we're going to know before mid-season if the Kings are history in Sac as arena gets signed or falls apart.
sacramento is on the new away uniforms

No Alt jerseys for 08-09

I have the Adidas NBA 08-09 dealer catalog and the Kings do not have a code listed for alt jerseys, only home and away. We were told that the jerseys will be very similar to current color schemes and not a complete overhaul.