New Uniforms? No black ... for now

None of the rookies are sporting any new jerseys. Not even players on other teams.

However I'd like to show a concept jersey I made. So far only an away jersey, but I will have the home jersey finished soon with a two tone color like the old Kings two tone alternate jersey, but for home.

Name above the number version.

Name below the number version.

I'm much more fond of the name below the number version like the old jerseys way back when.
Those are awesome! I wish they would change their minds and bring the black back!

WOW i like those. Someone know the E-mail to maloofs. We can make a thread first with a poll then show them the results if results show people like them.

Those are hot, but pointless. The league is limiting the teams with black jerseys, and Stern is not letting teams switch to black. Sorry, but it's not going to happen.

Those are hot, but pointless. The league is limiting the teams with black jerseys, and Stern is not letting teams switch to black. Sorry, but it's not going to happen.
Yeah, that's the problem. Stern is always in the way! However, I believe the Kings should be able to sport a black jersey, because black is actually part of their color scheme and I think it is still a primary color of the Kings.

The Maloofs took that nice looking Kings logo and put it on some ugly gold alternate jersey, which can look a lot better by putting it on a better looking jersey. I personally like the jersey a lot better with the Kings numbers right now. They just look simply HOT!
Take a look at the jersey in NBA Live 08.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
For our newer members:

If you go back and scan the entire thread, you'll find out more information about WHY the Kings cannot have black jerseys in the near future. We had a poll before, BTW, and black was the overwhelming fan favorite but even though the fans, the Kings and the Maloofs would love to see the Kings "back in black," they cannot do so without league permission. And, has been mentioned several times, the league is limiting the number of teams that can use black as one of their jersey colors.

So sorry, folks, but it's not going to black. At least not now and most likely not before two or three yeas from now as that's how long a particular style of jersey is usually used before they change.

But, having said that, I like the jerseys IceColdKing has posted. I'd love to add them to my collection some point down the road.

:)