Official Kings Fan welcome to Beno Udrih

Udrih is expected to join the team either Thursday night in San Antonio or Friday, but he Cornstein said he wouldn't be able to play for at least week as he broke a finger on his shooting hand in Spurs training camp. He played his first three seasons in San Antonio, serving at times as a backup to Tony Parker and at other times getting little time behind Nick Van Exel or Jacques Vaughn.
He'll fit right in. Welcome.

Purple Welcome Beno!! We are in desperate need of your help!!!:D[/quote said:
im all for welcoming him and i support him and hope he does well in sacramento, but i am from san antonio and ive seen him play tons of times, and besides the occasional 10-15 point game he rarely does the team too much good. In my opinion he has very much the same problems as all of our guards do besides bibby. He turns the ball over alot and seems uncertain of himself when running the point...i think he is a decent shooter but i think thats all he will bring to our team...i wish him the best and hope he can prove me wrong but from what i saw of him in san antonio in mostly garabage time was just stuff that will compound to our guard ballhandling issues...

^^ That's what I heard about him too. It's almost like we would have been better of with Jason Hart at the point. But too late for would haves :)

Good to have you in Sacramento, Beno.

We're in a transitional phase right now, so our old greeting may not fully apply, and you'll have to settle for the tentative version.

Welcome to heck.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
^^ That's what I heard about him too. It's almost like we would have been better of with Jason Hart at the point. But too late for would haves :)

Funny you should mention Jason Hart.

Udrih replaced Hart in San Antonio. Then was repalced by Jacque Vaughn. So you get an idea for wabout what level player we are talking about here.

So, um, welcome Beno. This is your chance to be a hero! Its physically impossible for you to be worse that what we just saw -- our bar has been set so low that if you can make it across halfcourt without dribbling it off your foot you will be worshipped.

Heard on the Kings radio station this afternoon that Beno has had a casted up finger and still isn't quite ready to go. But close, according to Reggie. The gaseous one got hurt at the beginning of the preseason. Just what we need another busted up scrub. :rolleyes:

Heard on the Kings radio station this afternoon that Beno has had a casted up finger and still isn't quite ready to go. But close, according to Reggie. The gaseous one got hurt at the beginning of the preseason. Just what we need another busted up scrub. :rolleyes:
I heard the same interview with Coach Theus on KHTK and he said Beno will probably not to play until the Kings-Sonics home opener. That would give him time to be with the team in SA and Dallas plus practice before Nov. 6 game.

Earlier Grant had said Udrih might end up starting sooner rather than later over Greene, Douby or other parts of the PG by committee.

I trust this kid....welcome Beno

Loved watching him play whenever he would get the playing time in San Antonio. Good playmaker and has good decision making.

Yes he his work ethic has decrease the past year or two which never suits well with Pop, but once he feels like he is wanted he may just thrive.

I've always liked him as a player, although he had a horrible year last year.

At worst, he'll be a decent back-up point guard once Bibby gets back - and he's only 25 years old as well.

This is probably the best that could have been done at this point in time. Keith Mcleod, Boykins, etc., did nothing for me.

So, um, welcome Beno. This is your chance to be a hero! Its physically impossible for you to be worse that what we just saw -- our bar has been set so low that if you can make it across halfcourt without dribbling it off your foot you will be worshipped.
It IS amazing how far the mighty have fallen. Very sad days ahead

Can't be much worse then what we've got. I'd much rather roll the dice on Beno then sign Payton or another ancient veteran. So welcome and hopefully you can make a positive impact on the team.

I really wish he could be successful with the Kings, as this might be his last chance for a real NBA carreer. With him, it has never been a question about talent, hopefully being kicked by 2 NBA teams within a week will wake him up, and lit a fire under his belly to strive & work harder. Good luck Beno, don't waste your chance anymore !

I must say, Beno's game is more suited if he could play ala Steve Kerr, some deep shooting, some ball handling, but not forced to be the no. 1 playmaker or ballhandler on the court. If Kevin Martin & future Kings SF have good ballhandling capability -ala Jordan & Pippen combo- he could very well thrive, as long he can erase all of his bad habits, lack of passion + focus, & be disclipined (on & off the court). :)

Let's just hope that Sacto's nightlife is not attractive enough for him, and there are not many latinas around, both were his downfalls back then as a Spur -oh, too much Taco's not good for your fitness level too Beno, take a note ! :D

It's all part of his plan to become like ... clarence weatherspoon? Or any other fat guy. Then he'll dominate the paint. Makes up for brad's skinnyness

I must say, Beno's game is more suited if he could play ala Steve Kerr, some deep shooting, some ball handling, but not forced to be the no. 1 playmaker or ballhandler on the court. If Kevin Martin & future Kings SF have good ballhandling capability -ala Jordan & Pippen combo- he could very well thrive, as long he can erase all of his bad habits, lack of passion + focus, & be disclipined (on & off the court). :)

Let's just hope that Sacto's nightlife is not attractive enough for him, and there are not many latinas around, both were his downfalls back then as a Spur -oh, too much Taco's not good for your fitness level too Beno, take a note ! :D
Sac's nightlife can be entertaining if you know where to go, although I'm sure the chioces aren't as vast as San Antonio. And.......there are LOTS of Latina's around the Sacramento area.

Beno Udrich is average PG in Europe. Would not start on most Euroleague teams

Hi i'm new here and, yes i'm coming from Slovenia! I like Kings from Pedja and Divac time, so it's nice to see one more player from ex-Jugoslavia territory!

It's simply not true that Beno would not start on most Euroleague teams, complete bull****. Beno had some problems with his mentality and work rate recently, but i can assure that those days are past and he is motivated like never before. I know he will show that he's not just wasted talent.

Wish him all best and all best to Kings!

Now he have two Slovenians in Kings uniform, Udrih and Kopitar (LA KINGS)

Perhaps if it's reworded as most TOP euroleague teams, it would be more appropiate. Ofcourse he might be good enough to start for euroleague teams from the more weaker national league, like Germany or Portugal ones. The stressed word is MIGHT, though.