OFFICIAL 2007 Draft selection/discussion thread

There's one player in the whole draft I absolutely did not want on the Kings. One player. Guess who it was?
Nate Funk? the 6-3 guard from creighton whos tha last player on espn's top 100 prospects. haha i only say this because even tho hawes is not most peoples #1 pick, there are ALOT of players who are worse. whats done is done. my initial anger has passed and now its time to look at the bright side

The Sonics moves are great. I don't know why Boston wants Ray Allen at this point though. The Sonics get Durant and a passing big man, along with an underloved guard and Wally's scoring punch.

The Sonics moves are great. I don't know why Boston wants Ray Allen at this point though. The Sonics get Durant and a passing big man, along with an underloved guard and Wally's scoring punch.
boston is looking for a way to keep pierce i guess. he wanted an allstar, he got one

The knicks had a good trade for Randolph. Curry and Randolph thats a pretty nice front court. Marbury, Crawford and whoever at the 3 will make them a solid team. David lee and Robinson off the bench. they will fight for a playoff spot.

piksi

Hall of Famer
We have to focus of the end of the first and start of the 2nd round. Those are the future TDM award winners and futur Kings killers

Y

y2kings

why couldn't we just BUY the 24th pick the way Portland just did...3 million? that could help us BIG TIME

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
So.... after the trade sixers get Thad Young and Jason Smith. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED THE KINGS TO DO..

a;sdkfj;alsjdf;lkasdf

Well, Philly is my old second team from my college days, and I've taken a sudden interest in Houston once they hired Adelman. Least I'll have some things to watch this upcoming season..how about you? :p

Well, Philly is my old second team from my college days, and I've taken a sudden interest in Houston once they hired Adelman. Least I'll have some things to watch this upcoming season..how about you? :p
I'm still holding out irrational hope that Spencer Hawes (who actually would be a good fit in Philly) was a pick for them and we have Thad Young and Jason Smith coming our way.

Otherwise I just might have to start eating some cheesesteak.

why couldn't we just BUY the 24th pick the way Portland just did...3 million? that could help us BIG TIME
QFT

If people want to get pissed off about something, then get pissed about this. With all the talk from the Kings about wanting to rebuild and get multiple picks they pass up a perfect opportunity to accomplish this without giving up anyone! I think this makes it perfectly clear where the Maloofs stand on their monetary commitment to this team. How cheap can you possibly be to not be able to shell out 3 mill for a 1st round pick in a deep draft? If you can afford an NBA team you can afford 3 million to make it better.

WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF - AARON BROOKS?!?!?!?

What in the world, we have Chuck Hayes as our PF and you draft and undersized combo guard.

Honestly, we just made the Spencer Hawes pick look good. There better be a trade involved with this.

****(*&@$#(&

piksi

Hall of Famer

What in the world, we have Chuck Hayes as our PF and you draft and undersized combo guard.

Honestly, we just made the Spencer Hawes pick look good. There better be a trade involved with this.

****(*&@$#(&

Don't worry. RA doesn't play rookies in their first 2-3 seasons anyway

****(*&@$#(&
You're complaining about a 26th pick... those dont usually amount to much.

We just wasted the 10th pick in the draft:(

There's no way Houston was taking Brooks for themselves -- James, Alston, Head.... Brooks? It doens't make sense. There's a trade there.
This officially means half of our roster is made up of point guards.

Rafer Alston, Luther Head, Mike James, Aaron Brooks, Vasillis Spanoulis, John Lucas, and technically Bob Sura.

And conversely, we have 1 count em, ONE power forward - 6'5 Chuck Hayes.

This officially means half of our roster is made up of point guards.

Rafer Alston, Luther Head, Mike James, Aaron Brooks, Vasillis Spanoulis, John Lucas, and technically Bob Sura.

And conversely, we have 1 count em, ONE power forward - 6'5 Chuck Hayes.
It's gotta be a trade.