OFFICIAL 2007 Draft selection/discussion thread

I think this is a solid pick! Not great, but not a bust either. He has a polished low post game and people that compare him to Brad Miller have no idea what Hawes plays like.

Sure he is not athletic but he is a smart player that knows how to get it done.

piksi

Hall of Famer
How predictable - a Brad Miller clone

Hope that in 2008 draft we will have more luck (and we will be there)

He will be guarding all the monsters in the West.

Can't block shots, can't rebounds - WTF

"This kid has it all offensively... The problem is that he needs to be more assertive offensively, he doesn't rebound well, and he's not a good defender"

Wow... Beautiful...

Great, ESPN's notes say "must improve: rebounding". Fits right in to our current team. Is Petrie trying to construct a team consisting of 6'7" tweeners and slow white dudes? Because that don't win championships. Highly disappointed that we haven't seen any trades go down yet either, though maybe that is asking too much. :mad::mad::mad:

watch by some twist of fate he turns out to be some hall of famer and we all eat our words. i mean he was one of the best bigs left but man...this is so depressing. i dunno whats worse, watching our crap season this year, or this draft

I really hope everyone gives this kid a chance. He is only 19 years old!! He WILL improve. Give him a a couple years to bulk up and learn the NBA game and he will be just fine defensively and on the boards.