Kings @ Hawks Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Unless we all send in a petition to Petrie telling him to tell Muss to play the youth!
Oh I definitely have a few things I'd like Geoff Petrie to tell Musselman but my genteel nature precludes me from stating them publicly.

I was on a plane while this game was being played. I don't really have time to read the PBP thread right now. Can somebody briefly tell me why we only scored 8 in the third? Did our starters ply the bulk of the minutes during that time our was Muss playing musical chairs again?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I gave up on the PBP, chelle. EVERYTHING was wrong with this game. And it all started with the team being totally unprepared. They looked like they weren't even interested during the warm-ups before the game.

People can continue to try and make excuses, but Musselman has totally lost whatever control he had of this team.

They don't communicate, they don't play team ball, they don't even look at each other very much.
Im watching the game via NBA League Pass w/ Atlanta's commentators saying basically the same thing. There was NO passing whatsoever w/ all 1 on 1 ball. Its funny b/c they were especially blaming Artest for "hogging" the ball.

I really love Ron's game but his chemistry w/ the team offensively is just NOT there... And I guess we're not the only ones seeing it!! uuurgh....

Just thought I'd throw that in there...

:(

I was on a plane while this game was being played. I don't really have time to read the PBP thread right now. Can somebody briefly tell me why we only scored 8 in the third? Did our starters ply the bulk of the minutes during that time our was Muss playing musical chairs again?
That was the doing of our starters and vets.

You know Muss, he won't put in the kids until we're down by 30.

I gave up on the PBP, chelle. EVERYTHING was wrong with this game. And it all started with the team being totally unprepared. They looked like they weren't even interested during the warm-ups before the game.

People can continue to try and make excuses, but Musselman has totally lost whatever control he had of this team.

Look at the brightside. Atleast now Muss can't continue to lose the team...

Interesting stat from NBA TV... The Kings best lineup on the floor statistically (as in what lineup is most effective in terms of +-) is

Reef
Corliss
Artest
Salmons
Bibby

gunks

Hall of Famer
I would rather see undrafted players putting forth effort and playing with heart and hustle than see starters just dog it.
And with that here's the final frontcourt/PG comparison!

Brad: 12 minutes, 2 pts (1-2), 2 rebs, 1 stl, 1 blk.
SAR: 16 minutes, 3 pts (1-7), 2 rebs, 1 stl, 3 TO
Corliss: 28 minutes, 14 pts (6-9), 1 reb, 3 TO
Williams: 15 minutes, 7 pts (3-4), 5 rebs, 1 stl, 1 blk.

SO....In 15 minutes Justin ties the other three guys COMBINED TOTAL rebounds, steals, AND blocks.

Now lets see the Bibby vs. Ronnie comparison:

Bibs: 23 minutes, 5 pts (2-6), 2 rebs, 2 assists, 1 stl, 3 TOs.
Ronnie: 16 minutes, 4 pts (2-5), 3 rebs, 2 assists, 1 stl, 0 TOs.

Not being able to watch the game I missed any intangibles that dont show up on the yahoo boxscore...But I think its safe to say Price probably played waaaay better D then Bibby, to go along with his more efficient court time.

In summation:

PLAY THE YOUTH MUSS!!!!!!!!!

Wow. Just wow...

Do you have any idea what you're seeing out there? This far surpasses the idea of losing to get a better lottery pick.

That's a team that is NO LONGER a team by any stretch of the imagination. They were listless and uninterested right from the beginning. They don't communicate, they don't play team ball, they don't even look at each other very much. They weren't prepared and they shouldn't have even been allowed to take the court in the 4th quarter out of respect for the game of basketball as a whole. This is a team with REAL problems and one stupid draft pick isn't gonna fix it.

Be very careful what you wish for.
It's not all about the draft pick for me, VF. This kind of total disintigration I believe is necessary for the kind of rebuild I believe we need, and not just through the draft. I hope this preciptates a good spring cleaning. To me, it's good that the problems have gotten this bad, and REAL, as you said above.

And I know your angry and maybe sad and stuff, but try not to take it out on our draft pick by calling it stupid. Draft picks have feelings too.;)

It's not all about the draft pick for me, VF. This kind of total disintigration I believe is necessary for the kind of rebuild I believe we need, and not just through the draft. I hope this preciptates a good spring cleaning.
Really. Would anyone be happier if we finished off the season better and, in the fall, Muss was still around?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Interesting stat from NBA TV... The Kings best lineup on the floor statistically (as in what lineup is most effective in terms of +-) is

Reef
Corliss
Artest
Salmons
Bibby
When you no longer have a team, does it really matter what combination of players stinks less than the rest?

Sorry, but I'm not in the mood for "best lineup" stuff, etc. Our team is gone. Destroyed. What we're seeing are the like the phantom heartbeats that register for a while after the patient has died.

Any doubts about this group's ability to make it to the playoffs have, I hope, been totally destroyed.

This whole thing has now gone so horribly wrong that it's going to test the patience of every remaining Kings fan to last out the suckage...

piksi

Hall of Famer
I made a brilliant decision and decided to do something else while taping the game. Just came home, looked at the boxscore, erased the tape, move on.
Looks like kool aid dosage quadrupled

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It's not all about the draft pick for me, VF. This kind of total disintigration I believe is necessary for the kind of rebuild I believe we need, and not just through the draft. I hope this preciptates a good spring cleaning. To me, it's good that the problems have gotten this bad, and REAL, as you said above.

And I know your angry and maybe sad and stuff, but try not to take it out on our draft pick by calling it stupid. Draft picks have feelings too.;)
The only problem is that you've now got a team with no chemistry and nothing positive to instill in the newbies come fall. Last time around we had Vlade as the core to build around and his enthusiasm was contagious. Where's that going to come from? The bleeping giant 6 outside Arco???

Okay, I'm sorry. I am not in a good mood. I'll just go outside and discuss it with the Ponderosa Pine in front of my house...

;)

The only problem is that you've now got a team with no chemistry and nothing positive to instill in the newbies come fall. Last time around we had Vlade as the core to build around and his enthusiasm was contagious. Where's that going to come from? The bleeping giant 6 outside Arco???
Vlade for head coach?

Well, of course we could still get into the playoffs. We could even get the #4 playoff position! All it would take is winning the final 15 games, while Utah loses every remaining game of the season. Piece of cake.

The scary thing is that I'm so used to hearing remarks like that from Ron, I'd never be able to tell if he'd just had a nervous breakdown or not.

The loss was worth it to see guys like Justin, Ronnie and Douby get some time. Justin did great and Ronnie is looking more and more comfortable out there. GO YOUNG!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.