Kings @ Hawks Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
fugly woss!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
On March 19th 2002 Kings won @ ARCO against the Rockets barely 100-87 to improve to 48-18 for the season. Rockets were no match for the Kings who won every quarter of that game. With that win Kings magic number to clinching PO spot was 1. Webber was a monster again and KT still limited him to only 35 (15-20 FG)/12/5/3/1. Bibby had 15/4/3, DC had 9/4/10. Kings bench scored 48 points and were lead - yes, You guessed right - by Bobby's 20/4/4 and Hedo's 12/8/2.

The Sacramento Kings have narrowed things to one. Chris Webber had 35 points, 12 rebounds and five assists as the Kings shaved their magic number for clinching a playoff spot down to one with a 110-87 victory over the Houston Rockets. One also is Sacramento's lead over the Los Angeles Lakers in the Pacific Division. After host Denver on Thursday, the Kings will square off against the Lakers here on Sunday. In addition, Sacramento moved one victory away from reaching the 50-win plateau for the second consecutive season. Bobby Jackson added 20 points and Mike Bibby contributed 15 as the Kings won for the sixth time in their last seven games. Beginning a four-game homestand, they improved their league-best home mark to 31-3.

"Hopefully, we will be able to keep playing this strong for the rest of the season," Jackson said. "We know how we can play when we are at home, our biggest concern is going on the road and playing well."

"I feel as a team collectively, and as individuals, we are getting better," Webber said. "We have been looking for that stride, and we are finally starting to feel it. We are starting to feel a little bit better about things. We just need to keep winning the games we have to play. The simple solution is winning those games you need to win, and we have been doing that lately."

"I really feel they have a good shot (of winning the championship)," Houston coach Rudy Tomjanovich said. "It's not going to be easy to beat the Lakers. But (the Kings) have so many weapons. And then their passing, when you can get layups in the half court, and then they're just phenomenal shooters, too."

"We seemed not to be really into (the game) earlier, we missed a lot of shots. Once we got it going in the second quarter, and in the second half, we played pretty well," Adelman said. "I am really pleased to get the win. It was a nice victory."

-------------------------------------------------------------
After an extremely blind chicken stumbled upon a corn (actually the farmer helped by putting the chicken in a basket full of corn) - Kings "won" a road game and the most unlikely of all the 4th game in 4/5 stretch. With the overall 29-37 record Kings are still 2 games out of the 8th and last PO spot and a chance for a quick execution. Before returning to the West for good - Kings have one more game left to play in Atlanta and it is a ust win if You are still hoping for the post season. Considering how we did in the must win games this season - it will be ugly and messy and once again - I don't like our chances.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting to the line is something Kings have done exceptionally well this season. Where would we be without that. Well, we would probably have a great position for a nice draft pick. Also if getting to the FT line is pretty much Your main source of offense - You want be winning many games with the individual talent that we have. Complementary source - sure but main source - the means that the offense is ugly with lot's of one on one basketball and little ball movement. No rhythm whatsoever. Also the game is extended beyond tolerable for the ugliness of it. Basically - great for advertising or as people call it - baseball.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
It is "official" - Magic are by far the dumbest team that the NBA has seen since I follow it. It is fascinating how dumb they are. Starts with a coach who made Musselman look like a competent individual. The PG hasn't missed a chance to make a wrong decision and their superstar in Howard is an example of a young man that has everything but an ounce of brain. There is a reason that he leads league in turnovers. He doesn't even know what he can do best. The only player on that roster with decent BB IQ is Hill and Arroyo but even though he killed us last time - they couldn't find any playing time for him. I think that Magic are the only team in the NBA that would manage to lose to us last night. All You can say to that type of retardation is WOW !
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The 5 games in 7 nights exhausting trip is almost over. One more fun night in Atlanta, one more game the next day and Kings are done with the East. 1-3 on this trip isn't as bad as it should have been but not nearly as good aw we needed it obviously if we are serious about making the post season. Overall, against the East it is a record low for a season. almost as bad as last season. We are 15-14 now with Hawks to come. Last season we were 14-16. Four seasons before that - 22-8, 24-6, 23-7, 24-6. Considering, how pathetic East iis these days - we would be barely .500 team there. Now we have 16 game left in our own conference so spread some cheer and also to make a difference in the PO picture - for other teams.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering whether Muss has a clause in his contract for "close" losses too. I have yet to see a coach who is so concerned about point differential in the losses. Down 20 he let's the starters play the "garbage squads" to cut the llead and lose by 6-10 pts, He calls timeouts when the game is out of reach. What is he trying to show/say ? Just trying to figure out the thinking process because I don't get it. Now, last night he got lucky but the credit for that win should go somewhere else
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Asking what is wrong with Brad Miller would be a 10 page essay question. That guy used to be an all star. He even looks older than he is. Bad foot is obviously a part of it but mostly - this team just isn't made up for his type of player. What he brings to the table - I mean whatever is left from it - we don't need as much as we need things that he doesn't have. I don't have stats but I think he has one of the lowest number of double doubles of all starting centers. Even his role as designated 3 pt shooter doesn't have any impact. Brad is in decline and very rapidly too.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Coach's corner today is sponsored by Florida lottery, bingo and lucky7. I would like to listen to Muss explaining on how we did win the game last night but I would probably fall asleep after slide #42. He did keep Salmons in the game instead of Bibby which proved useful. It was a Muss favorite kind of game. It is a game that we win regardless of how much we suck and what we do wrong. Win by default. I wish there was coaching by default too.
A horrible loss for the Magic last night. They went into Miami tonight and blew out the Heat who had a 9 game winning streak going and who won 14 straight at home and who beat us easily the night before. Kings received a victory in an utterly ugly game mostly because we got to the line 48 times and turned the ball over 9 times. I still have no clue how and why we ended up winning that game.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
AWARD TIME

Ariza won the TDM with Reddick and Milicic not being too far away

LW-VC award went to D Howard not only for his pathetic stats but also for the fact that he was dumb enough to use his size against the vertically challenged Kings.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawks are next and I have no clue what might happen there. Hawks have lost 3 straight and overall they suck for a long time now. They have some young talent and if they can keep the game close they can actually win it. Kings are by now sick and tired of the Eastern conference and they just might want to go home. We will need to shoot better than 38% to win a game unless of course we get to the line between 50-60 times or so.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike - will S Stoudamire light him up again ?
Brad - outplayed Howard last night
Ron - passing is not illegal
Kevin - hit a shot for a change.
SAR - if KT wasn't KT - I might even miss him
Rest - mateen
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Muss - kool aid flavor of the night - neutrogena
Hawks are young and dumb and that can go 2 ways. We had one way last night in Orlando. We don't want to find out the other way. with Joe Johnson injured - I don't see how Hawks could win this but then again - we won last night. Claxton will win the TDM. LW-VC will go to Sheldon Williams. Looks like another woss to me.

Last edited:

Entity

Hall of Famer
I will actually be at this game. Its the only basketball city close to me and the 1 and only time i get to see the Kings each year so yes good seats are easy to come by in this venue. I will be courtside beside the Kings bench (I will be one of the guys Muss walks in front of the whole game) I guess I will be wearing the Bibby baseball Jersey I because its still to cool for the tank jerseys.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
I will actually be at this game. Its the only basketball city close to me and the 1 and only time i get to see the Kings each year so yes good seats are easy to come by in this venue. I will be courtside beside the Kings bench (I will be one of the guys Muss walks in front of the whole game) I guess I will be wearing the Bibby baseball Jersey I because its still to cool for the tank jerseys.
Tell them not to drink the Kool-Aid at half time

See you there. Been waiting a while for this one. Unfortunately, only jersey I have right now is Wells, so I'll be sporting that, lol.

Go Kings!

I'll be there too so that's at least 4 kf members thta I know of. Cool. See you guys there. I'll be the crazy lady throwing stuff at Muss :) I'm wearing my Bibs jersey and will have my cowbell, watch your ears Bo.:p

I'll be there too so that's at least 4 kf members thta I know of. Cool. See you guys there. I'll be the crazy lady throwing stuff at Muss :)
Now what kind of stuff are we talking about here? Female underwear or the oversized coins/lighters/other painfull things we sometimes employ here in Europe? :) (not on our own coaches of course... as far as I know... yet)

I'll be there too so that's at least 4 kf members thta I know of. Cool. See you guys there. I'll be the crazy lady throwing stuff at Muss :) I'm wearing my Bibs jersey and will have my cowbell, watch your ears Bo.:p
Cowbells? Wait, are you one of those who support our losses? Because, we'll be closer to King's bench than Hawks. Plus, we don't want to anger Ron Artest.

I'll be seeing you guys there too! I got the night off, and I'll be sitting across from the bench, near dominique's seats, waving to you guys as the game goes on. Although i think the hawks are usually the ones who sit across from nique, but i'll figure out some way to say hi to you guys!

have a blast! if you can, try to toss muss some plays when they need one. maybe prepare some in powerpoint and put it on a thumb drive for him. :)

Salim should win TDM tonight, probably. If the Kings win, it will be ugly...if we lose, well, it will be the same. I see us losing by 7 or 8...perhaps 10...another young, athletic team on par with us, record-wise usually spells defeat.

Hey, it's been a while! I'll look for you, since you guys are behind the bench i'll probably find you. :cool:

kings down 0-4. if we lose i cant blame kenny thomas. crap.
This one will be pretty tough to lose. Considering Atlanta's placement in the standings, and the fact that they've held their star player out almost 2 weeks for a bruised calf, I think their management is trying to force a woss on us. And they may well succeed, no matter how horribly we play.

Status
Not open for further replies.