Artest arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got this email bulletin from Sac Bee:

Artest arrested in domestic violence case

Sacramento Kings star Ron Artest was arrested Monday morning in his Loomis home on domestic violence charges, Placer County Sheriff's officials announced Monday.
Sheriff's officials are planning a 4 p.m. press conference to discuss the incident, which was reported in a 911 call at 9:23 a.m., officials said.
Deputies who responded to Artest's home found a woman who had called 911 and, after interviewing her and Artest separately, arrested the Kings player.
Artest was arrested a charge of domestic violence and of using force or violence to prevent his victim from reporting a crime, officials said. He was booked into the Placer County Jail.
Read more at Sacbee.com

Ron just got arrested

Sacramento Kings' Ron Artest Arrested

LIVE @ 4:00pm.: Placer County Sheriff's Dept. Press Conference On Ron Artest Arrest

More Sports News

More Local News

(CBS13) AUBURN Placer County Sheriff's deputies have arrested Sacramento Kings' Ron Artest on domestic violence charges.

Deputies say they got a call from Artest's wife at 9:23 a.m. this morning.

Deputies responded and arrested Artest. He was taken to the Placer County jail in Auburn.

He's being charged with domestic violence and using force to prevent a victim from reporting a crime.

The Sheriff's Department will hold a press conference at 4:00pm today. You can watch it live right here on CBS13.com.
http://cbs13.com/topstories/local_story_064160116.html

Damn it.

There is never an excuse for domestic violence. I was hoping he had changed.

Any chance this is a misunderstanding or wrong report?

Not shocked.

At all.

http://www.news10.net/display_story.aspx?storyid=25098

Artest Arrested on Domestic Violence Charges
Written for the web by C. Johnson, Internet News Producer

Sacramento King Ron Artest was arrested Monday morning on domestic violence charges, according to the Placer County Sheriff's Department.

Artest's wife called sheriff's deputies to the couple's Loomis home at 9:23 a.m. When deputies arrived they found her and Artest in the home and apart. Department spokeswoman Dena Erwin said after deputies interviewed both individuals, Artest was arrested on charges of domestic violence and using force or violence to prevent his victim from reporting a crime.

Artest has been booked into Placer County Jail in Auburn. No bail has been set.

The sheriff's department will hold a news conference at 4 p.m. It will be carried live on news10.net.

News10 Sports Anchor Bryan May is at the Kings' practice and will have reaction.

Last edited:
I have doubts that Ron Ron will be playing in the NBA again. I'm sure mr. Stern won't be too keen to hand out yet another chance.

More important things to worry about though, like what crime he committed.

he'll be released by the end of the day. he's a millionaire. they dont sit very long. he'll be back for the game tomorrow and will lay the lumber down on his former team.

I have doubts that Ron Ron will be playing in the NBA again. I'm sure mr. Stern won't be too keen to hand out yet another chance.

More important things to worry about though, like what crime he committed.

I don't know about that.... I have a feeling there will be a suspension, but nothing that is permanent.

But if they do terminate him at least we will have contract relief? I guess that's the bright side... :mad:

You all know that Grant hates when peopel call his show saying we play better w/o Artest... Well, Lets see if we do since he might be out a while... Than we can all crank call that idiot :D

I don't know about that.... I have a feeling there will be a suspension, but nothing that is permanent.

But if they do terminate him at least we will have contract relief? I guess that's the bright side... :mad:

You all know that Grant hates when peopel call his show saying we play better w/o Artest... Well, Lets see if we do since he might be out a while... Than we can all crank call that idiot :D

I hope you're right. Still, though, what an idiot.

Exactly. He'll get a suspension an stuff but I doubt a ban. JKidd went through this type of stuff a lot and he's still in the NBA. It might kill his trade value though and kill the playoff hopes a lot of fans have.

Players fire guns randomly at people and continue to play. It sucks that there is another distraction, but he'll probably be at the game tomorrow night, and he'll never serve a day of prison time for it. He'll pay a fine, settle out of court or something, and maybe have some community service time.

Well, I'm shocked.

I don't recall any of his past problems being of this nature. Weren't they all more or less game related and not "off court" issues?

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I'm going with innocent until proven guilty...And even if he is proven guilty, he made a bad mistake, but it is something you know he will be able to work through.

Up until now he has been a model citizen for us...I'm not giving him a pass for his actions, but he has proven he is relatively stable over the past season and a half.

This isn't the end of Artest in the NBA.

I wish him and his family the best, though... Thats what really matters now...:(

I'm going with innocent until proven guilty...And even if he is proven guilty, he made a bad mistake, but it is something you know he will be able to work through.

Up until now he has been a model citizen for us...I'm not giving him a pass for his actions, but he has proven he is relatively stable over the past season and a half.

I wish him and his family the best, though... Thats what really matters now...:(
It wasn't that long ago his dogs were confiscated for mistreatment...

:rolleyes:

Up until now he has been a model citizen...I'm not giving him a pass for his actions, but he has proven he is relatively stable over the past season and a half.

I wish him and his family the best, though...:(
In these situations it's almost impossible to discover what really happened.

But yeah, we'll have to wait and see.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Well, I'm shocked.

I don't recall any of his past problems being of this nature. Weren't they all more or less game related and not "off court" issues?
First of this nature of which I am aware. Despite his numerous transgressions in and around the NBA, he's actually never been a police blotter type. Until now.

To think he already heard boo's wherever he went outside of Sacramento...this cannot help. I hope this is just a case of his wife getting revenge for something, otherwise its simply no class on his part.

Last edited by a moderator:
[FONT=&quot]As an aside, I don't think that there is actually anything wrong with people holding buy guilty until proven innocent... it is in the courts that the opposite must be held true, because otherwise you have false accusations that disrupt society.

Back to the topic: Wow. This is awful... I was also under the impression that Artest's issues were only on the court... I hope this is just a misunderstanding...
[/FONT]

Ok i apologize for that comment, but still i have known women to be very VERY manipulative. I am not trying to give this guy a break, i am just a skeptical person.

Status
Not open for further replies.