Nets @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll tell you what even though every loss counts towards a better pick, this game was well worth it. To hear the crowd like that, to see the players jumping up and down, and the energy going through that building was awesome. Simply amazing

Let me tell you - that's one of the most undeserved wins.

I know we came back, but it's one of those comebacks because the other team went home early.

Boohoo for the Nets, Woohoo for Us ... but I take nothing from this win.

I'll tell you what even though every loss counts towards a better pick, this game was well worth it. To hear the crowd like that, to see the players jumping up and down, and the energy going through that building was awesome. Simply amazing
Exactly how I feel. Still so inconsistent, but they did not give up. And I'm really glad that they get to celebrate a win and we do too.:)

I know we came back, but it's one of those comebacks because the other team went home early.

Wow... talk about the drunk that pees on the fire... :eek:

Mike Bibby = Clutch ...

and props to Brad Miller that last play saved our asses.
Yeah, he may have been fouled, too, as there were 3 nets surrounding him on that play.

More notes:

Douby already rejoiced and celebrated when he saw Mike take the shot. Didn't even go in yet but he had confindence in Mike, i guess. Great to see the bench actually caring about what's going on and cheering hard!

SAR had a towel over his head when he walked back to the locker room. Poor thing, lol.

Martin only played 24 minutes. I'm not gonna complain because we won. There were times, though, when I was wondering where he was on the court but found he still wasn't playing.

We had no business winning this game. I still don't know how we did it.

The spark in the end of the 3rd led by Garcia and co was key, obviously. :)

They're talking about Mike.

He scored the Kings' last 14 points. :eek: He had 1 point the 1st 3 qtrs, but 15 points in the 4th.

We're back to .500 at home! 11-11

Moore's career game goes to waste :D

They're talking about Mike.

He scored the Kings' last 14 points. :eek: He had 1 point the 1st 3 qtrs, but 15 points in the 4th.

We're back to .500 at home! 11-11

Moore's career game goes to waste :D
Haha, i would of loved to see a reaction shot of Moore, he was acting hard all night, but hey we got the W :D

As much as it's undeserving:

A win is still a win, therefore I'm happy.

Kevin's time was cut partly by Garcia although Salmons did struggle so why not bring Kevin back.

Still will fail to understand Muss's sub patterns.

I don't take this game to mean this team has turned it around, or are suddenly better than yestaerday or anything like that. But there is absolutely no problem with being happy for one night over a win when your team sucks. For years that's all a Kings' fan could do.

P

PoundForPound

great comeback, wins like this can turn a team around for the season. it looked like they were out of it down 21 points in the third, but the players stayed with it, the fans stayed with'em and they pulled it out with defense and big three pointers. Mike Bibby showing his ability to be clutch, once again. I wish Muss would have played Justin Williams more though, but a win is a win, no matter how you can get it :clap:

Great Game By:

Francisco Garcia - He really came off the bench and hit big shots for us. He had a couple jumpshots and a three pointer from way downtown. He was also hustling out there and being the scrappy player he is on the defensive end.

John Salmons - This guy came off the bench and provided a much needed spark for us, he hit 2 huge threes that got the Kings back into the game and gave us some hope. He did a great job gaurding Vince Carter, coming up with a big steal near the end.

Ron Artest - He carried the team both defensively and offensively early in the game, his shot was just falling. 7 rebounds, and he did keep VC in check. At times he tried to do too much himself, but overall his defense was superve.

Mike Bibby - Just a terrible first half, but he kept his head up and was calling for the ball in the second half. His shot finally started falling and he hit the game-winner. Had some awesome assists to mainly Kenny Thomas.

Remember...:
(Reader Discretion Advised)

2002 WCF, Sacramento up Lakers have the ball. Kobe misses, Shaq with the big rebound hits it out to big shot rob for the win. Well this looked just like that, bibby missed the first, but brad miller with the big rebound taps it out to Bibby for the game ;)

No harm, no foul.

The play at the end of the game was very reminiscent of WCF Game 4, IMO.

The ball being tipped to the top of the key in the waiting hands of a skillful shooter.

Sometimes it's just better to be lucky than good.

Remember...:
(Reader Discretion Advised)

2002 WCF, Sacramento up Lakers have the ball. Kobe misses, Shaq with the big rebound hits it out to big shot rob for the win. Well this looked just like that, bibby missed the first, but brad miller with the big rebound taps it out to Bibby for the game ;)
Vlade hit it out to Horry...

P

PoundForPound

WCF - end of game 4 - Vlade tips the ball out to ...

Sorry, but I cannot even get my fingers to type the rest.

thanks a lot VF. thanks a lot. you've just ruined my day :p .

Last edited by a moderator:
My Take...

I was excited too last night. Any Kings win is a good thing.

I can't help but agree that it was an undeserved win though. Wasn't it the same one on one play with no direction that we've been watching for so long now? Jordon once said after bricking a shot at the buzzer and losing the game : "Hey, I can't win them all."

Well, apparently, you can't lose them all either.

Another thing that kind of struck me wierd was in the post game interview with Grant. Bibby was explaining how he came down and hit the last shot. He was saying : "In the time out, the coach said.... hmmmm well I don't know what the coach said but I......." He never listened to Adleman either. I remember the playoff game with the Spurs when Bibby didn't stay with his man as Adleman was telling him to do during the time out. He left his man and Barry hits a three from the corner to win the game.

The old saying "Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good" held true last night.

We got a long ways to go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.