Lakers @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Bibby missed that free throw, but how many LAY UPS did the rest of the team miss? I will not fault Bibby for this loss. I know that the free throw could have won it, but so could ANY of the missed free throws and lay ups. If not for Bibby, it would have been uglier than it was.

Bibby was the one who made the comeback happen. How anyone can blame him for losing the game is beyond my comprehension.​
He doesn't get a free pass for missing a gimme free throw on a gift dead ball foul call with less than 10 seconds left. He played like the Bibby of old tonight, other than that missed free throw. That is how someone could blame him for the loss tonight.

what can You say ?

Rick Adelman would'nt have lost that game... thats for damn sure.

A BIG F****** F!!! for musselman!!
just about the worst god damn coaching i have seen in a long time... Good idea not putting the ball in Bibby's hand at the end of the game... your a genius.. not to mention your awesome defense against the layup to put this game in over time...

We didnt chokle it away..

We made a good comeback but u use all ur energy coming back and missed free throws did haunt us again. It wouldnt be a Kings Lakers game without us missing 15 free throws would it? Our best free throw shooter misses 5 tonight. =( All we had to do was make one, one freaking free throw when we were up by four with six seconds left and we have the game.

Considering lowered expectations everyone has for us this year I think we should take the positives and be (at least a little) proud of the comeback in the 2nd half.

With that said.... IF Rick was still a coach, what would the chance be of Cisco being in the doghouse right now?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Corliss got a great look at the hoop... Granted... But Mike Bibby is ON FIRE! I think you gotta go for the win there... Mike Biby is exhausted and they couldn't hang for another OT. But... Sometimes things don't roll your way. Great game... At least we showed what we could do... The most important part of this. Is that EVEN though the team looked heartbroken on the sideline. They were together... All standing up. All cheering with eachother. Arco was nuts... Mike Bibby lead us all the way. If there was ever a loss where you could take something positive out of it, this was one of them. But man would I have liked to have won...
Excellent post.

This is who we are, if we don't out right lose we will try our best to find a way to lose.

I rather a blowout than a close game against the lakers...next game start Justin Williams...

It's not Muss's fault, the players had the chance and they couldn't do it.

i don't blame mike one bit for the loss. yes i'm ticked he missed free throws, but i'm more pissed our 90% free throw shooter missed as many as he did.

thats what it came down to for me, missed free throws in those last minutes.

how disappointing.

well at least mike is back ho hum

We've been beaten by a lot more pathetic Lakers teams in the last 2 years. I'm not sure how coming back from 20 points down with a team which has 1.5 good players gets a coach fired, but there were a lot of things I never understood on this board.
Anyhow, I agree that Corliss was at least solid tonight. He erased Bynum in the 2nd half and played as well as he can. His last shot was absolutely the best shot we can get it just didn't go down.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
He doesn't get a free pass for missing a gimme free throw on a gift dead ball foul call with less than 10 seconds left. He played like the Bibby of old tonight, other than that missed free throw. That is how someone could blame him for the loss tonight.
No one is perfect. He was being totally pummeled all night. He pretty much brought the team back single-handedly, both with shooting and his leadership.

Corliss got a great look at the hoop... Granted... But Mike Bibby is ON FIRE! I think you gotta go for the win there... Mike Biby is exhausted and they couldn't hang for another OT. But... Sometimes things don't roll your way. Great game... At least we showed what we could do... The most important part of this. Is that EVEN though the team looked heartbroken on the sideline. They were together... All standing up. All cheering with eachother. Arco was nuts... Mike Bibby lead us all the way. If there was ever a loss where you could take something positive out of it, this was one of them. But man would I have liked to have won...
Exactly. I was thinking Bibby for 3 all the way there. Win or lose, you go with your main guy. We should've atleast tried to win that game with a three. The chances of us winning that game in 2nd OT was pretty slim.

If that was Muss' plan, which it looked like it was, then Reef should've been the guy trying to take it.

Anyway, shouldn't have even been between Corliss or Reef. It should've been Mike's ball; a three to try to win. Win or lose, at least you gave it a shot. I don't think there was a way we could've hung with the lakers for another OT so the good call would've been try a three.
I would like to respectfully disagree that Reef should've gotten that call over Corliss. Corliss played his rear end off tonight, and while this isn't 1994, he still was probably just as good of an option to get a high quality shot to tie this game as Bibby or KMartin, either of whom would've probably been doubled (or at least had help defenders focused on them) if they had a play set up for them. Corliss got the high quality shot...unfortunately he just didn't make it.

Well, I'll give Corliss this: He's the only King that currently has an NBA Championship ring. I think that says alot...too bad the Sacramento Kings as a team will never taste the sweetness of winning an NBA Title. SOmeone ask all those guys over on the LA bench and in the game what it feels like...must be a pretty nice feeling.

Corliss busted his *** out there... He single handedly took Bynum out of the game... Pulling the chair, fronting, etc. He missed some free throws that really hurt. And even though I would have LOVED to have came out with a win. I gotta give it up to the Kings man. They fought hard all night. Mike fought hard all night. Ron busted his *** all night. Salmons busted his *** all night. Garcia... Well I really don't know that the hell he was doing... Incredible game... Hard game to swallow. But I really think the Kings took a huge step tonight. Whether or not they take steps back within the next games remains to be seen. We are at an attrocious 14-16 (worse than the T-Pups) which is not good. But I think the Kings can really come out and MAYBE take the 6th seed. IF they play with the heart they played with tonight. But that is a big IF I suppose.

I disagree. I'm not saying he gets a FREE pass. He earned it tonight. There were MANY missed free throws and even more missed point blank shots. Any of those would have won the game. Mike played his heart out tonight. He, along with a few others on the team, played with effort, heart, and passion tonight. I HATE losing, especially to the Lakers, but I can take comfort in saying that the actually played like they gave a damn tonight.

Wow! What a game. Got to the the Kings props for never giving up, coming back, from 21 points down to lead by 4 with 6.7 seconds left. Something about the Lakers brings out the best in Bibby where he becomes scary again.

Rick Adelman would'nt have lost that game... thats for damn sure.
Are we talking about the same guy under which the Kings were called chokers? The same guy whose superior team regularly blew 20 point leads ...? Let's be a little realistic.

And meanwhile, noone is pointing finger at our savior who took himself out of the game on the most retarded 6th foul I have ever seen in my whole life?

That's crap, Aleksandar. Corliss played his heart out. His shot just didn't fall. Sometimes it happens. He was in there playing tough the whole time he was on the court. I think it's maximum disrespect to make a comment like that after the effort he showed.

I know. I was out of line but I am so dissappointed right now.:(

Please stop with the choke job, the lakers are the one who almost completed the the choke job. They completely out played us thouout the the whole game even having a 20 point lead at some point, they were supposed to win the game. The king showed great spirit with the comeback but the king did not deserves the win.

I would like to respectfully disagree that Reef should've gotten that call over Corliss. Corliss played his rear end off tonight, and while this isn't 1994, he still was probably just as good of an option to get a high quality shot to tie this game as Bibby or KMartin, either of whom would've probably been doubled (or at least had help defenders focused on them) if they had a play set up for them. Corliss got the high quality shot...unfortunately he just didn't make it.
Good point. Just used to Corliss missing LOTS of layups. He DID play his heart out, but the missed layups, especially the one at the end, were heartbreaking.

Kings played hard. Took them a long time before they adjusted and woke up, though. Still, they played hard. We could've done a lot of things differently, but it's not gonna matter now. We get no do-overs. It's a loss we'll just have to deal with. :(

i don't blame mike one bit for the loss. yes i'm ticked he missed free throws, but i'm more pissed our 90% free throw shooter missed as many as he did.

thats what it came down to for me, missed free throws in those last minutes.

how disappointing.

well at least mike is back ho hum
Um...how about Mike's all to familiar horrible job on defense...he gave the extra large Ole to Mr Parker on the final shot of overtime. We should have been playing the Mexican Hat Dance song as he flew down the lane to tie the game up. Our 'defense' is non-existant.

No one is perfect. He was being totally pummeled all night. He pretty much brought the team back single-handedly, both with shooting and his leadership.
I'm not expecting perfection --- I didn't complain about the other three free throws Mike missed tonight, or many of the shots he missed tonight. But that one missed free throw hurt, and could be a reason why someone could blame Mike for the loss. I'm not just blaming him, nor do I want to ignore the otherwise great effort he put forth tonight. I was just responding to another post.

Wow! What a game. Got to the the Kings props for never giving up, coming back, from 21 points down to lead by 4 with 6.7 seconds left. Something about the Lakers brings out the best in Bibby where he becomes scary again.
The Lakers have to be good for something ;)

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
RE: We didnt chokle it away..

Like hell we didn't...

We made a good comeback but u use all ur energy coming back and missed free throws did haunt us again. It wouldnt be a Kings Lakers game without us missing 15 free throws would it? Our best free throw shooter misses 5 tonight. =( All we had to do was make one, one freaking free throw when we were up by four with six seconds left and we have the game.
Yeah, that's called choking... the defensive rotation on the final play of regulation didn't help, either. :mad:

I'm not expecting perfection --- I didn't complain about the other three free throws Mike missed tonight, or many of the shots he missed tonight. But that one missed free throw hurt, and could be a reason why someone could blame Mike for the loss. I'm not just blaming him, nor do I want to ignore the otherwise great effort he put forth tonight. I was just responding to another post.
And right after that, Kevin missed a FT, too. That was also a HUGE missed FT.

I'm sorry but I don't think Mike could be blamed for this loss at all. It's a team loss. Mike led the team back, and people stepped up. That's why we got in the game. Without Mike's fire and leadership, this game would've been over in the 3rd. We would've laid down when we were down 21 and there could've been a Potapenko sighting.

Um...how about Mike's all to familiar horrible job on defense...he gave the extra large Ole to Mr Parker on the final shot of overtime. We should have been playing the Mexican Hat Dance song as he flew down the lane to tie the game up. Our 'defense' is non-existant.

I did not think that his defense was any worse that anybody else (excluding Ron) on the team tonight. As a team, we stink on defense. I am not saying he played great D. That would not be accurate. I just don't think it was worse than the rest. I also think that he is the main reason that we even had a chance at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.