Warriors @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
The last nice streak we had is over:mad:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
On December 30th 2005 Kings beat Celtics 116-112 to stop the bleading and improve to 12-17 for the seeason. Kings struggled big time and this win was needed in a bad way. Kings were +18 from the FT line and that pretty much won the game. RA only played little more than 7 players and 4 of the carried most of the load. Bibby lead Kings with 33/6/10, KT had a monster game with 29/8/4, Kevin had 22/7/2/3 and Brad had 20/10/1. Jason Hart played 25 meaningless minutes.

Bibby had 33 points and 10 assists, Thomas added a season-high 29 points and the injury-depleted Kings finished a dismal December with a 116-112 victory over the Boston Celtics on Friday night. Kevin Martin had career highs of 22 points and seven rebounds for the Kings, who weathered Boston's 37-point third quarter with tenacious play in the fourth. Peja Stojakovic, Bonzi Wells and Shareef Abdur-Rahim all missed the game with injuries, but Sacramento won its second straight without three of its top four scorers.

"People are going to have their own opinion, (but) people should just go back and pay attention to what happened last year when I got minutes," said Thomas, who called the local sports radio station this week to argue about his play and attitude."It was just about getting into a rhythm. If anybody gets minutes, they're supposed to be getting into the flow of the game."

"(Bibby) played tough and played an incredible game," Davis said. "He shot the lights out. We tried different rotations on him, but nothing worked. When a guy is shooting the ball that well, nothing can stop him."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kings tried to go for #15 and failed which also caused the winning streak to end at 2. All in all we are 12-15 with only one more game to play in this year which wasn't so kind to us despite some memorable moments. Kings stiil not to far away from the PO spots but it is arguable whether that is a good or bad thing. We need to beat the Warriors and we should but ... Anyways, only thing that is working for us is the fact that lot of teams are getting more and more injured by the moment. If it continues this way we might win bunch of game by default. It is desperate but that is all I got.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
2006 wasn't really that much better than 2005 for the Kings. If we compare good vs bad things that happen - pretty depressing.
POSITIVE
-Honeymoon with Ron Artest
-Kevin Martin
-His buzzer beater against the Spurs
-Bonzi Wells against the Spurs
-PO streak still alive
-Suns came back to beat Lakers in the PO
-Kevin Martin
-Kevin Martin
-Kevin Martin

NEGATIVE
- Honeymoon is over
- Another first round exit
- Barry's three (thanks Mike)
- Summer (nothing happened)
- Lakers have a better team
- RA is gone
- Muss is still here
- flexible peaces
- quick fixes
- we lost to Clippers

I might have forgotten something but that is all I remember
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am very concerned here. In less than a week we will play lakers @ ARCO and it just doesn't feel right. Something is off. For me - those are still the 4 most important games of the season and I am usually hyped about them but this time I am not even sure whether my team will show up and give a damn that night. It would be an awsome way to start off the 2007. In the big picture - it won't change much either way but for that one night things would be all right. Beating lakers would be a bright light in this miserable and appearently never-ending deason. It would stop the pain for one night. I think that we deserve to have a nice Thursdays evening on TNT. I would have to stay up till 2am which would give me about 4 hrs of sleep but it would be well worth it because I would sleep like a baby. I am still looking forward to it and I hope that we will play well even for one night but I just don't trust this team to go out and give it all even if it is for one night. That one game can make it up for the whole season so far at least for me. Can we please just win that one.
Muss is insanely incompetent these days. I am afraid that he coaces better when he is hammered. Since he stopped getting arrested for DUI - I assume that he went sober and that doesn't seam to be working because he has no control over anything which leads me to believe that he might be wearing dipers as we speak. Let's put aside the obvious things like him haveing no feel for the game in terms of subs, timeouts, lineups etc. He is just cluless but You don't have to have a clue to coach in this league. No big deal. But he looks lost out there period. His body language sucks. It looks like he doesn't even believe that his team can compeate let alone win a game. Pretty soon he will be on the bench sobbing like a baby. He looks scared. Wherever he is leading - no one is following. Maybe we need to hire a coach just for "garbage time" so he can go early in the locker room and cry in private. Adelman deserves a statue in front of ARCO and Muss doesn't even deserve to clean it and polish it.
How many times did we gett killed in the 3rd quarter ? I would pay to listen to that half time speach. The way we come out after half the speach must start with something like "we are all going to die...". On the other hand maybe his speaches are too "sophisticated" which causes the well educated athletes to fall asleep like they did their short careers as students. The players must feel during the HT break like I did several years ago in art history class at 8 am when the professor turned the lights of and started going trough infinite number of slides. Luckly, I was one of many that snored. We should seriously conside skipping the hT break. No need to go in the locker room. Stay on the court and keep playing against the second unit until the opponents come back. I don't care - just do something different please !
Every streak ends especially if You don't do anything to keep it doing. After 14 straight losses Clippers finally refused to give it to us and we weren't good enought to take it. And again - it was the 3rd quarter that killed us. Maggete showed that he wants to leave and Ron didn't show that he cares to stay. Bibby's second half was not enough. No one else was consistant enough for longer period of time. And Muss was not outcoached because You have to coach to be outcoached. Whatever Muss is doing these days - doesn't look like coaching.
AWARD TIME

TDM award went to Tim Thomas who had decen numbers and hit some big shots that hurt us a lot. And no, Caveman and Magette do not qualify for this award because they have killed us many times before.
LW-VC award went to KT for the 1st half "performance" I think that he did much better in the 2nd half
JHA award went to Ron Artest. For whatever reason he did what he did out there tonight. Thanks for nothing moRon.
And Muss doesn't deserve any categories tonight.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Warriors are next and they are due. We lost twice to them this season and that just has to stop. Would be nice to end the year with a W. It is a back to back for both teams and Warriors have some injuries which might just mean absoultely nothing. It will be a high scoring game where defense will be treated as a desease. I am not sure what is going on in our locker room and it is really hard to predice which Kings team will show up, how many players will have some "sour" bodyparts etc. Hard to tell.
Mike - next time You show up brings some friends with You.
Ron - just stay in LA. Have a sour eyebrow - I don't care
Brad - the game has 2 halfs
SAR - same as brad just different half
Kevin - You better feel well tomorrow night.
Corliss - I like what he has been giving us
Salmons - more consistancy please
KT - nice second half. We need more of that.
Rest - mateen (sorry Mateen)
Muss - he has got to be a Laker fan.
Warriors are ready to be beaten and we need to win this game even though at this point - I am not really sure why. Good news is that Mone Ellis won't kill us this time. Bad news - JRich has not have a great game in a while, Beadrins is still tall and BD has not have a triple double this season. TDM will go to Matt Barnes again. LW-VC award favorite id KT. Muss has a chance for JHA award but only if he improves from the tonight's "performance" Kings win - right ?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think Muss does deserve something, piksi...

jcassio said it in the grade thread. Eric Musselman earned a DNC-CD (did not coach - coach's decision) tonight. I'm adding that set of letters to our increasing list.

You know what's sad? Your intro actually cheered me up just a little. That can't be a good sign...

piksi

Hall of Famer
I think Muss does deserve something, piksi...

jcassio said it in the grade thread. Eric Musselman earned a DNC-CD (did not coach - coach's decision) tonight. I'm adding that set of letters to our increasing list.

You know what's sad? Your intro actually cheered me up just a little. That can't be a good sign...
what is wrong with me ?:eek::D

How many times did we gett killed in the 3rd quarter ? I would pay to listen to that half time speach. The way we come out after half the speach must start with something like "we are all going to die...". On the other hand maybe his speaches are too "sophisticated" which causes the well educated athletes to fall asleep like they did their short careers as students. The players must feel during the HT break like I did several years ago in art history class at 8 am when the professor turned the lights of and started going trough infinite number of slides. Luckly, I was one of many that snored. We should seriously conside skipping the hT break. No need to go in the locker room. Stay on the court and keep playing against the second unit until the opponents come back. I don't care - just do something different please !
OMG Piksi! I was laughing so hard I had to wipe tears away. Either that or I was still thinking about Muss's coaching tonight.;) That is just hilarious. That and Ron's possible sore eyebrow. :D

Maybe we need to hire a coach just for "garbage time" so he can go early in the locker room and cry in private.
But the best quote...

ow many times did we gett killed in the 3rd quarter ? I would pay to listen to that half time speach. The way we come out after half the speach must start with something like "we are all going to die...".

piksi

Hall of Famer
GO KINGS!! wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. YEAH BABY WE GONNNA WIN TONIGHT OOOOOH YEAH WATCH OUT WARRIORS BECUASE THE KINGS ARE BACK IN BLACK BABY WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!!! kings better win this one after that sorry performance in LA. if they dont win this one, then that would be a 2 game losing streak.

brilliant !!!

Man, I need a Guinness

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Muss is insanely incompetent these days. I am afraid that he coaces better when he is hammered. Since he stopped getting arrested for DUI - I assume that he went sober and that doesn't seam to be working because he has no control over anything which leads me to believe that he might be wearing dipers as we speak. Let's put aside the obvious things like him haveing no feel for the game in terms of subs, timeouts, lineups etc. He is just cluless but You don't have to have a clue to coach in this league. No big deal. But he looks lost out there period. His body language sucks. It looks like he doesn't even believe that his team can compeate let alone win a game. Pretty soon he will be on the bench sobbing like a baby. He looks scared. Wherever he is leading - no one is following. Maybe we need to hire a coach just for "garbage time" so he can go early in the locker room and cry in private. Adelman deserves a statue in front of ARCO and Muss doesn't even deserve to clean it and polish it.

Brutal and brilliant. :p

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Tonight will not be fun.

Warriors own us.

J-Rich has always owned us.

Im only now beginning to be worried about Ron.

And everyone else just sucks.

Yay!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Before we go too far down the "we can't beat the 16-15 Warriors" path, just this note: the Warriors will be without both Monta Ellis and Troy Murphy, and they are 3-10 on the road

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
This will be ugly.
Ahh, that reminds me of one of my favorite little movie lines....

[the Sextons are arguing after a bad impression at their anniversary party]
Brad Sexton: [after he has just suggested splitting fifty fifty of theit estate, and she refused and said not on his life] Then it'll get ugly!
Caroline Sexton: Good! I can do ugly! I've done *you* after the last ten years!
Brad Sexton: As memories serve, you stopped doing me after six and a half!
[pauses]
Brad Sexton: Happy anniversary, honey!
Caroline Sexton: **** OFF!
Brad Sexton: [dryly] Okay...

Sorry, I just had to throw that in. Sue me. ;) :p :D

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Why is KT out?

And why are we planning on playing their tempo, their style, and thinking we can outrun them?

I just wish I'm wrong and Muss has a good plan. What are the chances of that? Eh, still, I'll hope.

KT's turn to get hit with the flu bug.

Kings win tonight because it will serve to keep the playoff race tight and interesting. That is the only thing that makes any sense around here, keeping the races tight.

Looking at it logically though, through my personal lens, the Warriors should run right through us again. Why not?:cool:

piksi

Hall of Famer
So we are trying to go small again even though we already lost twice to them by trying to do just that. Mybe Muss is counting on the theory of big numbers - if You try it often enough it will eventually work

Status
Not open for further replies.