Cllipers @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
say no to spelling police !:rolleyes:
------------------------------------------------------------------

On November 28th 2003 Kings beat up bad on Rockets - beating them 104-74 to improve to 11-4 for the season. The game was over at the half where Kings were up by 26. Even a star player like Mo Taylor himself couldn't help Rockets. Kings were lead by their new signing - Brad Miller who had 29/7/4/2/2, Mike had 18/4/6/2, Pedja had 11/5/1/1 and Vlade had his typical 6/4/6/3. Bench in general and Bobby in particular were very soild again. Bobby had 18/4/3, Peele had 7/3/5. Even Jabari contributed a bit.

Brad Miller and the Sacramento Kings proved too much for the Houston Rockets'vaunted defense to handle.Miller scored a season-high 29 points to lead the Kings to their seventh straight win, a 103-74 rout of the Rockets. Houston had been allowing just 82.2 points per game, the lowest total in the Western Conference. But its defense was no match for Sacramento's ball movement and shooting. The Kings had 33 assists on 41 baskets and shot 52 percent from the field.

Sacramento played solid defense throughout and had a season-high 15 steals. The Kings built a 54-28 halftime advantage and led by as many as 34 points in the second half.

"Offensively, we took advantage of what we could get," Kings coach Rick Adelman said. "The guys were really tuned in to what they like to do defensively and we really had answers for it."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kings 7-5, currently on a extendable 2 game - winning streak find themselves in the middle of the Western conference , where they belong at this moment hopefully looking up and not down. After a somewhat unexpected win in Seattle and a expected trashing of the Blazers - Kinggs are getting ready to face Clippers which we own untill proven otherwise,
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So after fairly easy opening schedule - a tough strech is coming up. Especially - the next 5 games will be a good test for this team. All games can go either way and 2+ wins would be a good result for us.
We start with Clippers who again we own and if they were our only opponent we would have the best record in the NBA by default. Clipps are struggling and have some injuries. Nice opportunity for us to have a decent start in this strech.
Then, we go to texas and that is never a good thing. We start in Dallas on BSPN and that is a winable game. While Dallas is playing well, I still think that we can compeate and they are on a big streak and all streaks end so... Dirk might go 5-21 for all we know
Reason that I said that Dallas game is winable because the Spurs game is on the next night and it will be very, very hard to steal it. Hell, I would settle for Kevin Martin staying away from Bowen.
After that we come home to play the Magic and that is a game that I am looking forward most to. Since, I live fairly close to Orlando - I have seen most Magic games and I call them "antiKings" What I mean by that is that they are exactly opposite in their personel and style of play. If one colud combine those 2 teams and pick best 12 players - that team wouls be a contender for a long, long time and would win some rings too. They are tall and I mean really tall, The block shots like crazy and are really good defensively. Their back court is not as good as needed for more than playoffs. We can win this but it will be painfull to watch our small guard their bigs.
Finally, we go to Phoenix where we didn't do to bad in the recent years but Suns will need to make up grounds and if they are healthy we will have a long night. Kevin will score 40+ unless raja Bell ...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
How much longer will we be able to keep Kevin Martin away from spotlight and hard and dirty opponent defense.Opponent defenses will pretty soon have to change priorities when they play Kings. If they don't - they will pay. kevin has come a long way from the DNP_CD man in his rookie season with couple of "preview" flashes to a solid last season and finally to being just unbelievably consistant on a great level on which he is right now. And he can still improve which he will. All we need to hope is that he stays a Kings and stays healthy.
Now, that our starters are getting bach slowly but surely (untill something elese happenes) - this team looks just like my old car. If You ever owned/own an older car You understand what i mean. The engine overheats sometimes, the transmission skips, the starter is struggling sometimes, there are bumps and scratches, maybe a crack in the window etc. It is not new or even great but is runs most of the time and most importantly - it is Yours and it is comfortable. Sure - You can get a new car but that is not a point here.
We have been looking for some inside presence for a long time now and a solution doesn't seam to be in sight. How much would be willing to pay for it ? They are hard to come but they can change a game just by being there. Is ben Wallace worth his contract ? Would a unproven kid with potential like Darko be worth 60 millions ? I am not advocating anything here but someone will be willing to pay for that and that probably won't be us. You can't teach size or better put - You can't teach "size up." You can teach "size down" because Brad is doing a pretty good job as a PG at times. My point - we will have to pay well for someone who can help us inside. No one with any sanity would trade "useful" size for what we would be willing to offer (assuming Ron and Kevin are not going anywhere). Maybe, GP can for once draft someone who in his work description doesn't have a word "combo."
We beat Blazers as we were supposed to. We dominated the game except a short period of time where we lost control playing our second string. For the most part - we played well and we also got to see Brad and Ron on the floor again which is very encouraging. Yes, Portland is not a good team and we were expected to win - but You still have to go out and play and win which we did. Win is a win and You don't look back on whoom You beat and how did You do it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
AWARD TIME
TDM award was won by Udoka in the 1st quarter. Not a surprise really. He is a "nobody" and we have never heard of him which are 2 most importand specifics for a parenial TDM winner.
LW-VC award goes to Aldridge. So much hype around him but that night he showed nothing and earned the award fair and square.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
As far as I am concerned - we own the Clippers since the wheel was invented. Sure - all streaks end but this isn't a streak. It is a tradition. We have Thanksgiving, Christmas which are the common tradition. We also have other traditions like "having injured players when it matters the most" tradition or "Knicks suck" traditionor "Lakers have no fans" tradition and of course - "Kings own Clippers" tradition. Standings don't matter, injuries don't matter and the way that teams have been playing - don't matter much either. I can't imagine us not winning this game
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike - hard to find team that Mikes likes to play more than Clippers. I expect yet another big game
Kevin - why not a new career high - it is Clippers
Ron - can he play within the offense again
Brad - just take it slowly and stay away from layup drills
SAR - we still need more
KT - might be a turn for not so good game considering that guarding Brand might not be easy.
Salmons - we need more here too
Corliss - it is hard to find a better backup center with that size.
price - what happened ?
Cisco - it is shopping season - he needs a new brain
rest - mateen
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Muss - almost got us in trouble with his early substitutions
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clippers are a good team with many injuries and we don't really know - who will play. Brand and whoever else plays big - will cause us problems. Golumn is there and Mobley too. Bottomline - they are Clippers and we own them
TDM award will go to Aaron Williams. The LW-VC award will go to Mobley and kings will win.
Go Bucks !

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I don't care if piksi has a few typos. His comments about the upcoming game are now part of my pre-game routine. I'm looking forward to them!!!

:)

say no to spelling police !:rolleyes:

Brad Miller and the Sacramento Kings proved too much for the Houston Rockets'vaunted defense to handle.Miller scored a season-high 29 points to lead the Kings to their seventh straight win, a 103-74 rout of the Rockets. Houston had been allowing just 82.2 points per game, the lowest total in the Western Conference. But its defense was no match for Sacramento's ball movement and shooting. The Kings had 33 assists on 41 baskets and shot 52 percent from the field.

...sometimes i just miss those days....Kings basketball....the most beautiful thing on TV!!

I still fully expect it to be a tough match even if we do "own them." Clipps will be looking for blood at Arco especially after their recent slide. I hope i'm not seeming pessimistic.... it's just very hard to tell these days.

I still fully expect it to be a tough match even if we do "own them." Clipps will be looking for blood at Arco especially after their recent slide. I hope i'm not seeming pessimistic.... it's just very hard to tell these days.
LA's better team will win tonight..................

........against the Bucks.

Now, that our starters are getting bach slowly but surely (untill something elese happenes) - this team looks just like my old car. If You ever owned/own an older car You understand what i mean. The engine overheats sometimes, the transmission skips, the starter is struggling sometimes, there are bumps and scratches, maybe a crack in the window etc. It is not new or even great but is runs most of the time and most importantly - it is Yours and it is comfortable. Sure - You can get a new car but that is not a point here.
I loved this!
Another great job on the pre-game summary, Piksi. I always look forward to reading your thoughts on game day.

Piksi, I noticed you always spell Peja "pedja". Is there something behind this I dont know? Are you makin fun of him?

Just wondering, I could care less who makes fun of who as long as its not about K$.

edit: Nevermind. His name is Predrag, so I guess peja is just as messed up.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Piksi, I noticed you always spell Peja "pedja". Is there something behind this I dont know? Are you makin fun of him?

Just wondering, I could care less who makes fun of who as long as its not about K$.
I believe "Peja" is an Americanization of his nickname. Don't quote me on that -- my Peja lore is fading.

Status
Not open for further replies.