Artest pushing for Bonzi Still?

The real question is: how can the Kings manage to sign Bonzi without going over the luxury tax threshold?
I think if you sign him for cheap it doesn't matter to go over the tax because you wouldn't be paying double a players worth just what he should really be making.

I too hope that Bonzi can swallow his pride and find a way to rejoin the Kings. Bonzi and Ron bring a toughness that the Kings sorely need. With Bonzi the Kings would have the depth the play a pressure defense and everyone would have ample playing time and ample rest to avoid the injuries we saw when Adelman overplayed his stars.

I too hope that Bonzi can swallow his pride and find a way to rejoin the Kings. Bonzi and Ron bring a toughness that the Kings sorely need. With Bonzi the Kings would have the depth the play a pressure defense and everyone would have ample playing time and ample rest to avoid the injuries we saw when Adelman overplayed his stars.
We'd be able to have significant depth for pressure d without Bonzi as well. I agree of course Bonzi only adds to that and the team in general.

and what happens to kevin martin?
this guy is just ready to explode into stardom yet you want to hold him back again and take A BIG RISK in bonzi now that our relations arent that good

and what happens to kevin martin?

6th man of the year candidate - that's what.

I am impressed with Kevin, but one more year off the bench wouldn't be too bad for him or the team.

This stuff about our relations with Bonzi not being good... I don't buy that. I have not heard either side be less than gentlemanly so far... there is no serious damage to the Kings/Bonzi relationship.

If Bonzi would do 3 years 25 million (4th year team option) - then the Kings should do cartwheels and pay the tax for one lousy year.

The good Bonzi would be swell. Without $$ don't know if that guy is in town. By the way, anyone seen what kind of shape he's in lately. For some reason I keep thinking by now he's gone "Oprah" on us...

One thing I like with Bonzi is how we match up with the lakers. That way Kevin doesn't get posted up by Odom or stuck guarding someone else on a mismatch while Ron guards Kobe. You can play it like this:

Bibby/Parker
Ron/Kobe
Bonzi/Odom
Kenny/Radman
Miller/Kwame

and you probably don't get lit up by anyone.

Artest also wanted the Kings to keep Adelman, remember?

I think Petrie has done everything but take out billboards to make it clear the Kings have moved on. It's inevitable that people will chatter about Bonzi and the possibility of him returning to the Kings, but I don't think any of the chatter is between Petrie and Phillips.
Exactly. This issue already was resolved by John Salmons signing here. We're less than a month until training camp starts, and I don't see Petrie trading at this point just to re-sign Bonzi. That ship sailed about a month ago.

Exactly. This issue already was resolved by John Salmons signing here. We're less than a month until training camp starts, and I don't see Petrie trading at this point just to re-sign Bonzi. That ship sailed about a month ago.
Odds are you're right, but stranger things have happened...ie: trading CWebb...middle of the season, trading for "pieces" that individually were/are suspect, during the stretch run to the playoffs. Which, in my mind, means that this could all just as well be hardball negotiations in private vs "we've moved on" for public consumption (also a contributing factor in negotiations).
To steal someone else's line, "we shall see".

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Yeah, Bonzi play for free!

Seriously the question shouldn't be, "what happens to Kevin" it should be, "what happens to Francisco." I would hate to see him the 6th in line in our backcourt.

The Kings are not at fault for not keeping Bonzi... we cannot control his views on what he thinks he should be paid. Lets see nobody wanted or could pay him more and Petrie offered above that. Very fair offer.

Hopefully the Bonzi train is gone... He is not that one piece that will win us the ring. We are not going to win one anyway this year. Kmart has stepped up every year and improved. Lets see what he does as the starter.

We have a better chance going further if he continues to improve vs having a guy that had one good career year... Mind you contract year. His averages are very consistent except for last year. It's pretty obvious he was playing for a contract.

I would only be happy with a 1 year deal at this point. Make him prove it again since he hasn't the rest of his career.

Bonzi made it very clear when he didn't accept a decent offer from the Kings that he DIDN'T want to be here..Martin should be our starter. He has All-Star potential.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I dunno...this might sound sorta pathetic and against principle, butI certainly say if you can get him - get him.
I wonder which principles exactly would be involved other than Kings fans' overdeveloped rejectaphobia?

Winning is a pretty good principle too. Shaq & Phil? No. They openly mocked and tried to humilate the fans, city, and franchise. Anybody else who could help the Kings win? Oh yeah.

I think if you sign him for cheap it doesn't matter to go over the tax because you wouldn't be paying double a players worth just what he should really be making.
Exactly. You would be getting Bonzi for way below his worth that going over the tax a bit would be worth it.