Starting Power Forward: SAR or KT?

Who should be the Kings Starting Power Forward?

• SAR

Votes: 65 59.1%
  • KT

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Amundson

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Newly acquired PF via trade

Votes: 23 20.9%

• Total voters
If we are going to keep KT, I think he should start only because then you can balance the bench. KT can replace some of the rebounding that was lost losing Bonzi eventhough he lacks offense

starting lineup
Bibby
Martin
Artest
KT
Miller

Bench
Price/Hart.....what about pooh-jeter..ha
Salmons
Garcia
SAR/Amundson
Woods/Pot

After looking what we have for our bench scares me. We need another vet coming off our bench.

diaw, kirilenko, marion are SF, how about kobe > SAR?

odom and walker > SAR? they're at most on the same level.

krstic, bogut are C if I remember correctly.

a. stoudemire, duncan, dirk, brand, garnett, gasol, jo, r wallace, webber > SAR that I agree of

bosh, d howard will be better in couple yrs.
everyone on there can play the PF just fine, and rather effectively. maybe krstic and bogut shouldn't be on there. but diaw's their center (!), kirilenko's done the PF thing, and so has marion.

SAR has done stints as SF too. so what your "official" position is doesn't really matter. all the guys on there are at least equal to SAR. so in a nutshell, he is NOT a top 10 PF in this league.

I'd already rather have bosh and d. howard than him, not in a couple of years.

Last edited:

Odom and Walker are better than SAR. Bosh and Howard are both at least 3x times better than SAR right now. They own him. Forget about the future they own him now.
Can't believe anyone would even suggest SAR is better than him, ridiculous.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
diaw, kirilenko, marion are SF, how about kobe > SAR?
krstic, bogut are C if I remember correctly.

a. stoudemire, duncan, dirk, brand, garnett, gasol, jo, r wallace, webber > SAR that I agree of
Diaw and Marion can't both be SF. whichever one of them is the PF (if not Stoudemire) is better than Abdur-Rahim

Odom > Abdur-Rahim
Walker ? Abdur-Rahim (I haven't made up my mind)
Bosh > Abdur-Rahim
Howard >>> Abdur-Rahim

Let's just suppose that D'Antoni starts Stoudemire at center again; that puts Diaw at PF, which would rate Abdur-Rahim at no better than fourteenth behind Duncan, Nowitzki, Brand, Garnett, Gasol, O'Neal, Wallace, Webber, Bosh, Howard, Diaw, Odom and Jamison. And possibly Villanueva.

Definitely Shareef...

I just wish Thomas (if we keep him) could accept the roll of being a backup who come off the bench and dominate on the boards like we all know he is more then capable of doing.

If you take SAR and KT's numbers and combine them, we are getting pretty decent production out of the PF spot IMO. They aren't superstars....but they can get the job done.

I agree. They aren't garbage like people are saying. Yes, K9 is far from ideal at his height of 6' 7" in the West, but he has fire and does good with his quickness. Now if only he wasn't so TO prone. SAR is a good PF and I hope to see a lot more of him this year than last where he broke his jaw and lost so much weight...he couldn't muscle as much as he would like inside.

I think SAR should start, because K9 doesn't do good off the bench and we cannot move him...start K9 and SAR off the bench for PF and 2nd or 3rd 5 behind Brad. Last year SAR did good in this role and was our 6th man. Now with Woods and his height of 7' 2" we have a decent backup 5. It will be interesting if SAR will do this role if he has to come in off the bench for K9 at the 4 and behind Woods or share time with Woods at the 5. SAR showed his heart by doing this last year and came back early from injury, but doing this again this year could wear on his patience. He deserves to start, I just hope that he can get his rebounding up to K9s.

Muss might just start SAR and K9 can cry all he wants coming off the bench. It should be interesting with Muss and Ron..."Shut up Kenny, get in there and play with some heart my man. Don't be such a Pre-Madonna." :)

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
And the pathetic thing is here we are again, end of the offseason, with the same lottery teamesque debate going on: to start *yawn* or *yawner* at PF. Same guys we started last season with to disastrous early season results until Ron bailed us out. Same guys who before hitting Sacto had maybe 10 career playoff games between them in some 15 combined seasons. Same guys we've been bombed out of the first round wiht the last two seasons while getting pummeled inside. And so here we are. Stuck.

Nor has the debate changed -- we can either have rebounding without any interior presence, or post play without any interior presence. SAR remains the player with pedigree, but he did little as the starter last season and might well interfere with Ron in the post oir Kevin as a slasher. Kenny remains deluded and shorter than our backup PG, but he's got closer to a roleplayer's ability to fill in around the edges. Nothing's changed in the debate since this winter.

Last edited:
Odom and Walker are better than SAR. Bosh and Howard are both at least 3x times better than SAR right now. They own him. Forget about the future they own him now.
Can't believe anyone would even suggest SAR is better than him, ridiculous.
I am in Toronto and I watched a fair share of Bosh, no way Bosh is 3x better. Will bosh be better? Yes, but I don't see a clean cut right now. And I fail to see why walker is better than SAR as well.

Diaw and Marion can't both be SF. whichever one of them is the PF (if not Stoudemire) is better than Abdur-Rahim

Let's just suppose that D'Antoni starts Stoudemire at center again; that puts Diaw at PF, which would rate Abdur-Rahim at no better than fourteenth behind Duncan, Nowitzki, Brand, Garnett, Gasol, O'Neal, Wallace, Webber, Bosh, Howard, Diaw, Odom and Jamison. And possibly Villanueva.
If you count Villanueva you may as well include Darko. Darko will be better 1/2 the guys on your list.

Last edited:
I am in Toronto and I watched a fair share of Bosh, no way Bosh is 3x better. Will bosh be better? Yes, but I don't see a clean cut right now. And I fail to see why walker is better than SAR as well.

I wonder do you even watch basketball or are you just saying random things.
Boshs stat line: 22.5ppg 1.13 bpg 2.6apg 9.2 rpg
SARs stat line : 12.3ppg .58bpg 2.1apg 5.0rpg

Thats not clear cut? You can say atats don't tell everything if you want, but it's also true that they don't lie. Bosh is better in every aspect of the game. Saying it's not clear cut is like saying that it's close between MJ and Doug Christie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely Shareef...

I just wish Thomas (if we keep him) could accept the roll of being a backup who come off the bench and dominate on the boards like we all know he is more then capable of doing.
My sentiment exactly! SAR had true Kings spirit last season. KT was all about KT.

I would start KT, considering that otherwise we'll virtually have no backup for PF. Having KT from the bench - it's like putting me to the left field in the Game 7 of the World Series... :)

a. stoudemire, bosh, duncan, dirk, brand, bogut, diaw, garnett, gasol, d. howard, kirilenko, krstic, marion, j. o'neal, odom, walker, webber, r. wallace.

Out of those you mentioned I would take Stoudemire,Bosh,Duncan,Brand,Dirk,Garnett,Howard,J.O'Neal,Gasol ahead of Reef. Kirilenko,Marion,Odom,Walker are all SF's. Krstic is a Center and I would take Reef ahead of Wallace,Diaw and Webber.

a. stoudemire, bosh, duncan, dirk, brand, bogut, diaw, garnett, gasol, d. howard, kirilenko, krstic, marion, j. o'neal, odom, walker, webber, r. wallace.

Out of those you mentioned I would take Stoudemire,Bosh,Duncan,Brand,Dirk,Garnett,Howard,J.O'Neal,Gasol ahead of Reef. Kirilenko,Marion,Odom,Walker are all SF's. Krstic is a Center and I would take Reef ahead of Wallace,Diaw and Webber.
kirilenko, marion, odom, and walker have all done fine at the 4 spot. i'd take the first three over reef. i'd take diaw over reef. webber and wallace, not so much, because of the impending decline.

R

Rome

eeew there's no way Walker is better than SAR. Walker can't rebound + shoots too many threes and plays no defense. At least SAR has a high FG %, doesn't destroy team chemistry and plays decent defense.

Walker, while he can handle the ball and pass, he is just too wild and inconsistent in his play. That slid with the Heat because he wasn't a top option or main focus. Also has a horrible contract.

Really? Outside of the Seattle game, why did I never read/hear about this in the Bee, news, from the announcers, or on any Kings boards?

I know they got into a fight back in 02-03, but that was a long time ago and in the heat of the moment. If there's still stuff there, I certainly don't know about it, and would be pathetic if there is.

I'd like examples and explanations of the claims you have made.

Well, I didn't hear about that about SAR, and we'll certainly have to see. Only adds to the "up in the air" of the starting PF situation.
do you actually think the bee would take a chance at destroying the team by talking about kenny and sar fighting all the time?

they hate each other....its self evident.

I wonder do you even watch basketball or are you just saying random things.
Boshs stat line: 22.5ppg 1.13 bpg 2.6apg 9.2 rpg
SARs stat line : 12.3ppg .58bpg 2.1apg 5.0rpg

Thats not clear cut? You can say atats don't tell everything if you want, but it's also true that they don't lie. Bosh is better in every aspect of the game. Saying it's not clear cut is like saying that it's close between MJ and Doug Christie.
Not saying that Sar is better then Bosh or anything but Bosh was the first opiniton on that team, played more mins, and started. And when sar for us started he avg 16 points on only 11 shots, avg neary 1 block, 2 ast, 7 rebounds. If Sar played in Tor with the same talent instead of Bosh he would pretty much get the same stats. It would be like playing in Alt or Van again for sar. And putting aside that bosh has not played as many seasons as Sar and many things could change, but it looks like bosh is following sar's path of palying on losing teams but putting good up stats while wasting his talent.

And also there is no way that walker is better then sar.

Just for fun, here's the ranking of "production by position" out of the PF spot, using PER data from 82games.com. So basically, who's getting the most out of the PF spot with their platoon of PFs?

Dallas: 26.4
Clippers: 24.4
Minnesota: 23.5
Utah: 21.3
Phoenix: 20.2
Memphis: 19.6
San Antonio: 18.6
Toronto: 18.5
Indiana: 17.8
Detroit: 17.7
New Orleans: 17.5
Sacramento: 16.9
Denver: 16.8
Cleveland: 16.7
Seattle: 16.6
Lakers: 16.6
Orlando: 16.5
Portland: 16.5
Philadelphia: 16.2
Golden State: 16.2
Atlanta: 16.1
Charlotte: 15.6
Chicago: 15.5
Miami: 15.3
Washington: 15.3
Houston: 14.9
Milwaukee: 14.5
Boston: 14.0
New Jersey: 13.0
New York: 12.5

Just for fun, here's the ranking of "production by position" out of the PF spot, using PER data from 82games.com. So basically, who's getting the most out of the PF spot with their platoon of PFs?

Sacramento: 16.9
Denver: 16.8
Cleveland: 16.7
Seattle: 16.6
Lakers: 16.6
Orlando: 16.5
Portland: 16.5
Philadelphia: 16.2

Interesting out 11.5 million on our two PF got us more production than Philadelphia with Webbers 19 Mil. :D