Starting Power Forward: SAR or KT?

Who should be the Kings Starting Power Forward?

• SAR

Votes: 65 59.1%
  • KT

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Amundson

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Newly acquired PF via trade

Votes: 23 20.9%

• Total voters
with petrie declaring he's done with wheeling and dealing, the kings roster looks complete, unless something great lands in petries lap.... so what are everyones view of the starting PF position?

At first glance, I would prefer SAR as the starter, but looking at the roster, SAR may be better coming off the bench... KT is the better rebounder between the two... and KT if given the opportunity to start could average 10pts and 9-10 reb per game...

SAR would give the kings a proven scorer off the bench and a valuable asset in the rotation, because he could sub for Brad Miller, like he did last year.... the kings would have a more balanced rebounding and scoring in the starting line up...

PF KT /SAR/ Amundson
SF Artest / Garcia / Williamson
C Miller/ Woods/ Potpenko
SG Martin/ Douby / Price
PG Bibby/ Salmons/ Hart

SAR
but, like i said before i cant believe petrie couldnt find a suitor for kenny

this season will be ugly again with those two bickering at each other all season. Kenny will ***** if he doesnt start and both wont contribute off the bench.
ugh

For me, it's up in the air who will be the starting PF. I'm fine with either starting though.

SAR

but, like i said before i cant believe petrie couldnt find a suitor for kenny

this season will be ugly again with those two bickering at each other all season. Kenny will ***** if he doesnt start and both wont contribute off the bench.

ugh
They argued once in one of the Seattle Arco games. Where the hell is this "ugly all season" stuff coming from?

Who or what says Petrie isn't still looking for a deal for KT? No one or nothing has.

SAR would contribute off the bench, especially that he'd be at full strength. Did you completely forget the 2006 part of the season? :p

Last edited:
Mr. Slim Citrus said:
The starting PF should come via trade; none of the guys we have on the team right now can cut the mustard.
We have to settle for Shareef or KT for atleast 1 more year so either way thats our option at this point.

Mr. Slim Citrus said:
Says who? That come out of Petrie's mouth?
Because it's obvious. what you want is a solid player at the 4 spot i assume thats not gonna happen unless we need our Core players and KT and Shareef are not considered our Core players.

Bibby,Ron,Miller,Martin are.

Well, do you actually have hope for a good PF coming via trade like Slim noted that we need at this point?
As I've stated many times in the past, I have an open mind about off-season trades until late September. Why? Because the off-season isn't over yet, and things don't begin to wind down until October.

Until the opening day roster is published, I don't have to settle for anybody, whether it's "obvious" or not. And perhaps not even then...
Indeed.

Mr. Slim Citrus said:
Until the opening day roster is published, I don't have to settle for anybody, whether it's "obvious" or not. And perhaps not even then...
So in otherwords you expect one our core players to be traded is that what you're saying? because if you're not there is no reason to believe we can get a good 4 without giving up our Core.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Don't misunderstand me, I don't actually believe that Petrie will make a trade before the season starts, but that doesn't mean that I have to settle for it, let alone like it.

So in otherwords you expect one our core players to be traded is that what you're saying?
Why the hell not? It doesn't take a GM to figure out that we're not going to get a quality PF for our garbage, so throw a "core" player in there, too. I've already stated my opinion on the "core," and Lord knows how I hate to repeat myself.

Last edited:
Mr. Slim Citrus said:
Why the hell not? It doesn't take a GM to figure out that we're not going to get a quality PF for our garbage, so throw a "core" player in there, too. I've already stated my opinion on the "core," and Lord knows how I hate to repeat myself.
Which Core are you talking about cause if we do trade a Core it will probably be Miller but only then i still will not expect us to land a good 4. we need to trade Bibby, or KM.

or Package Miller with Garcia and a 1st round pick.

For me, it's up in the air who will be the starting PF. I'm fine with either starting though.

They argued once in one of the Seattle Arco games. Where the hell is this "ugly all season" stuff coming from?

Who or what says Petrie isn't still looking for a deal for KT? No one or nothing has.

SAR would contribute off the bench, especially that he'd be at full strength. Did you completely forget the 2006 part of the season? :p
It's no secret that Kenny rose a stink while coming off the bench. SAR actually stewed a bit after returning too, but he talked with his agent and decided to not risk destroying team chemistry by complaining. But as far as I understand, he was only putting up with it knowing it would only last the remainder of the year.

I think Kenny will start.

SAR is a better player, but where he is most effective is when he is working in the post and eating a lot of shot clock. This is the same problem you have with guys like Iverson and Marbury, even though they are point guards, the basic problem is the same, as good as they are they have to dominate the ball to be effective and unless you have a team built around someone like that, other players have trouble playing with them. Bibby, Artest and Miller are 3 guys with much better playmaking ability and comparable offensive skills who I would much rather have running the offense than SAR, especially at the beginning of games where it helps for guys to get involved early and set a tempo for the game. SAR can then come off the bench, and have a mismatch over most backup PF's in the league, and guys like Francisco and Douby can benefit from double teams. Of course there are going to be times where SAR gets going, and those times he will get more of the minutes. For the most part, with the other 4 guys who will be starting all being capable scorers, I think it will be much better to have a guy out there who doesn't touch the ball much, and doesn't expect to, and still be productive. Kenny also seems tailor fit to the pressure and trapping defense that Musselman wants to use. I think it will be pretty much like last year rotation wise, which I think the best way to do it, other than I would really like to see someone between Woods, Pot, or Williams be able to play some minutes at center and allow SAR to swing down to sf at times depending on matchups. Not sure if that will happen, but last year we were forced to play SAR a lot of minutes at center, and while sometimes it was okay, there were a lot of times where we would have been better off havign an actual backup center playing.

Last edited:

yes they argued ONCE in public, but everyone knew they hated each other and there was constant bickering in the locker room

yes they argued ONCE in public, but everyone knew they hated each other and there was constant bickering in the locker room
Really? Outside of the Seattle game, why did I never read/hear about this in the Bee, news, from the announcers, or on any Kings boards?

I know they got into a fight back in 02-03, but that was a long time ago and in the heat of the moment. If there's still stuff there, I certainly don't know about it, and would be pathetic if there is.

I'd like examples and explanations of the claims you have made.

It's no secret that Kenny rose a stink while coming off the bench. SAR actually stewed a bit after returning too, but he talked with his agent and decided to not risk destroying team chemistry by complaining. But as far as I understand, he was only putting up with it knowing it would only last the remainder of the year.
Well, I didn't hear about that about SAR, and we'll certainly have to see. Only adds to the "up in the air" of the starting PF situation.

Last edited:
R

Rome

I would give SAR a chance to start at the PF position. He provides much needed interior post on offense. KT turns the ball over and plays very inconsistent offensively.

^whoa. which of these guys are you putting reef ahead of???

a. stoudemire, bosh, duncan, dirk, brand, bogut, diaw, garnett, gasol, d. howard, kirilenko, krstic, marion, j. o'neal, odom, walker, webber, r. wallace.

^whoa. which of these guys are you putting reef ahead of???

a. stoudemire, bosh, duncan, dirk, brand, bogut, diaw, garnett, gasol, d. howard, kirilenko, krstic, marion, j. o'neal, odom, walker, webber, r. wallace.
diaw, kirilenko, marion are SF, how about kobe > SAR?
odom and walker > SAR? they're at most on the same level.
krstic, bogut are C if I remember correctly.

a. stoudemire, duncan, dirk, brand, garnett, gasol, jo, r wallace, webber > SAR that I agree of
bosh, d howard will be better in couple yrs.

As for the starting 5
1) Mike, kmart, ron, SAR, miller. our M & M can't keep anyone in front of them and no help D
2 Mike, kmart, ron, KT, miller. M & M can't keep anyone in front of them, KT don't have the height to D most PF and no help D

Pick your poision.